Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

Just now, R T said:

Technically true, but very easy to work around now. The Jets are not handcuffed by the Packers anymore after this injury. 

Please explain this to me. Not trying to be an *******, but we don't know the final number until the end of the year. 

I'm sure it will be an easier task than prior to the injury, but who determines when the 65% is no longer possible? 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So 15 years of tape doing it, but they should be mad at him for doing it? It was suddenly going to stop? 

Yes. I don't think your question is genuine, but the answer is.

Yes, Aaron should adjust his play style to reduce his injury risk. This seems so obvious to literally every person I've talked to about this, in real life and on here, except you. 

You're the outlier here, not me.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

So 15 years of tape doing it, but they should be mad at him for doing it? It was suddenly going to stop? 

And he missed all of one game the previous 5 seasons (for a different reason) doing the exact same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Which is a part of the reason he went to the Jets. As someone else said, "live by the sword, die by the sword!" 

Many of us were tired of him years ago. The improvisation was a double-edged sword, as I stated. His aversion to the center of the field is something he should get phycological help for. 

I take no joy in Rodgers getting hurt. Said it earlier. Tough watching Favre's career end up wounded on the sidelines. If this is Aaron's last game, that too would be a shame. 

This is the same mindset I have. 

13 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Just wondering if that is the last we see of Rodgers.  Tough injury to come back from.  Was reading up on it some new procedures allow a quicker recovery.  Still 12 months give or take a few months. Really sucks.  Was looking forward to watching him play for the Jets.  4 snaps and he's done.  Who would have thought? 

At 40 man I don't know.  Knowing Rodgers don't think it's the way he wants to go out.  He'll probably attempt a comeback.  Whether he can regain his form well?  Man he's got to be bummed.  Regardless he's done for the year so that 1st rounder is toast.  Without Rodgers Jets will be a middle of the road team.  That second rounder will be in the mid 40's. 

4 snaps wtf???

I posted in the Gen forum saying the Jets' OL might be a problem for them keeping AR upright and sadly I was right.  I feel for Aaron but this really sucks for us.  No first from them this coming spring.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Yes. I don't think your question is genuine, but the answer is.

Yes, Aaron should adjust his play style to reduce his injury risk. This seems so obvious to literally every person I've talked to about this, in real life and on here, except you. 

You're the outlier here, not me.

There's an obvious difference between "should" and the reasonable expectation that he will. It needed to be accepted about 5 years ago that A-Rod was going to play football as A-Rod until he wasn't playing football anymore. 

The Packers accepted this fact until they realized that he needs WRs that have grown with him to be on the same wave length. The Jets traded for him and added those receivers and coaxed him to attend the offseason program accepting the same fact. 

Seems like this situation has been going on for centuries before you or I, and in all walks of life, perhaps the reason why everyone on the planet knows the phrase "hard to teach an old dog new tricks." 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KFP7 said:

Not sure if there's merit to it but Bakh to NYJ has been mentioned, though they'll need to switch the turf first.  Not sure how their cap situation is though

I suspect only NY media and Jets fans are mentioning this.

3 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Being mad at people for discussing the whys/what if’s around Rodgers injury on a message board dedicated to dissecting the minutiae of Packer football is absolutely bonkers to me. 

Would you scold a sexual assault victim that you warned her before to stop going out dressed like that?

Some sick people in here. Mods should grow a set an hand out bans to the usual trolls, tainting the entire fanbase and packer fan community. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's an obvious difference between "should" and the reasonable expectation that he will. It needed to be accepted about 5 years ago that A-Rod was going to play football as A-Rod until he wasn't playing football anymore. 

The Packers accepted this fact until they realized that he needs WRs that have grown with him to be on the same wave length. The Jets traded for him and added those receivers and coaxed him to attend the offseason program accepting the same fact. 

Seems like this situation has been going on for centuries before you or I, and in all walks of life, perhaps the reason why everyone on the planet knows the phrase "hard to teach an old dog new tricks." 

Fans didn't sign him. Fans didn't make the decision to live with his choices. Fans can reasonably want the guy to do more to stay on the field and earn the $100mil their team gave him.

1 minute ago, Laces Out said:

Would you scold a sexual assault victim that you warned her before to stop going out dressed like that?

Some sick people in here. Mods should grow a set an hand out bans to the usual trolls, tainting the entire fanbase and packer fan community. 

Any word on when his optional will be? Usually some swelling has to go down first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Fans didn't sign him. Fans didn't make the decision to live with his choices. Fans can reasonably want the guy to do more to stay on the field and earn the $100mil their team gave him.

Yes they could live in a fairy tale world where this happens. 

He'd still be quarterbacking the Packers if such a fairy tale existed however. 

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Tackle cut Floyd to give Rodgers the window. The receiver was wide open on the slant and was open way earlier than this was taken. 

But Rodgers wasn't looking for it. He was looking for the seam route and Lazard who was covered on the in route. 

There's no discussion to be had here about who was responsible for him getting hit. It was on Rodgers. 

The only discussion here is whether or not we're in bad taste for talking about it. 

PlVxsNQ.jpg

We've seen this from AR for a few years now.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Yes they could live in a fairy tale world where this happens. 

He'd still be quarterbacking the Packers if such a fairy tale existed however. 

So I'm glad we agree Jets fans are the real losers in all of this and that a big part of why they lost is because of Aaron Rodgers' play mindset. 

I think we also agree that nobody ever thought he'd change.

And that that knowledge doesn't excuse the choice, the result or the fallout.