Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

10 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Any trade for a LT went down the toilet with Aaron's Achilles. This offseason they can likely get Bak as a free agent, if Rodgers is coming back. 

Bakh is not gonna be released. Multiple teams will be willing to give up draft capital for a top tier LT on a discounted contract.

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

Bakh is not gonna be released. Multiple teams will be willing to give up draft capital for a top tier LT on a discounted contract.

He's a 40-million-dollar LT next year and would not allow the Packers to push money forward this year. I see no scenario where we are going to extend him. I see no scenario where a team will want to take on that money plus a pick. I could see somebody trading for him this year at trade deadline, but the most likely team was the Jets. That isn't happening. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

So I'm glad we agree Jets fans are the real losers in all of this and that a big part of why they lost is because of Aaron Rodgers' play mindset. 

I think we also agree that nobody ever thought he'd change.

And that that knowledge doesn't excuse the choice, the result or the fallout.

Jets fans are the big losers in all this, because of a play that can happen to any QB on any given week. Rodgers increased his odds with his playstyle, a style they all yearned for just 5 months ago. Still had percentages so low of occurring that it's ridiculous to harbor any sort of anger at Rodgers for it. 

3 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Did Lambeau have some sort of "hybrid" grass/turf field for a while?  Do they still have that or did they go back to all grass?

I thought there is some artificial turf woven into the grass?  I recall seeing a video of it when it was installed several years ago and it looked like a giant sewing machine stitching the turf in the grass?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Too bad.. wanted to see him succeed 

I wanted him to play 65% of the Jets' snaps so we could get NY's 1st next spring.  I didn't want them to make the playoffs, however.  If he had succeeded it would have netted us a lower draft pick.  

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's a 40-million-dollar LT next year and would not allow the Packers to push money forward this year. I see no scenario where we are going to extend him. I see no scenario where a team will want to take on that money plus a pick. I could see somebody trading for him this year at trade deadline, but the most likely team was the Jets. That isn't happening. 

I think Bakhtiari also wanted to see Jordan Love play to see if he's the guy.  He's probably willing to do different things going forward depending on how this season goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jets fans are the big losers in all this, because of a play that can happen to any QB on any given week. Rodgers increased his odds with his playstyle, a style they all yearned for just 5 months ago. Still had percentages so low of occurring that it's ridiculous to harbor any sort of anger at Rodgers for it. 

We all lose because of this.  We won't see how this season would have played out.  We won't see Rodgers vs Mahomes, we lose out on a first round pick.   

The Jets take the brunt of it, but there is loss to go around.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

100%. His vax status is determining most of it too lol 

IDK man. I think that was just another brick in the wall, if anything, for those critical of him previously. It created new "haters" but not the ones talking about football type things on here.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Ignorance isn't an excuse tbqh. He's supposedly a cerebral QB yet he doesn't take the cerebral plays. He has the capacity to do so yet he refuses to adapt. That right there is enough to make your blood boil and that's exactly why he gets the backlash from some of us that he does. It's 100% warranted backlash.

This. This is like the simplest way to explain how I feel about Aaron.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think Bakhtiari also wanted to see Jordan Love play to see if he's the guy.  He's probably willing to do different things going forward depending on how this season goes.

Agreed. He definitely looked down for the cause on Sunday. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Agreed. He definitely looked down for the cause on Sunday. 

The only concern about Bak is that he's a ticking time bomb.  Otherwise paying 40M next year for a player of his caliber is warranted.  You're always gonna have some very highly paid veterans on a young squad.  You just don't want to commit another $100M gtd to a player that old/injured, and if that's what Bak wants going forward you gotta move him to a team that will give him that.

Edited by skibrett15

24 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The team he's traded to won't have a 40m cap hit. He has a 19m dead cap that will be eaten by us so the team is getting him for 1 yr/21m. For a top LT, that's a decent contract.