Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

The team he's traded to won't have a 40m cap hit. He has a 19m dead cap that will be eaten by us so the team is getting him for 1 yr/21m. For a top LT, that's a decent contract. 

Except for the pick they would have to give us. 

As a free agent they can do a lot better than a 19-million-dollar cap hit year one. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

Except for the pick they would have to give us. 

As a free agent they can do a lot better than a 19-million-dollar cap hit year one. 

LTs are a premium position and Bakh is still a top LT. That's easily worth a 2nd round pick and multiple teams will be lining up for his services.

44 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Please explain this to me. Not trying to be an *******, but we don't know the final number until the end of the year. 

I'm sure it will be an easier task than prior to the injury, but who determines when the 65% is no longer possible? 

First off, the Jets aren't trading their 1st round pick in 2024 for anyone. For the sake of this exercise, they agree to a trade with a team and the agreement is for their 2024 1st that is tied up in the Rodgers trade that everyone knows isn't being transferred to the Packers now. The language would just read 2024 1st OR 2025 1st, whichever comes available first. 

The Packers have nothing over on the Jets anymore.  

3 minutes ago, R T said:

First off, the Jets aren't trading their 1st round pick in 2024 for anyone. For the sake of this exercise, they agree to a trade with a team and the agreement is for their 2024 1st that is tied up in the Rodgers trade that everyone knows isn't being transferred to the Packers now. The language would just read 2024 1st OR 2025 1st, whichever comes available first. 

The Packers have nothing over on the Jets anymore.  

If the Packers want to be nice, they could re-submit the trade to the league without any conditions with a 2024 2nd as the future terms. They don't have to, but for the sake of the argument if the Jets wanted to trade for another player and asked the Packers, I would imagine Gute would oblige. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If the Packers want to be nice, they could re-submit the trade to the league without any conditions with a 2024 2nd as the future terms. They don't have to, but for the sake of the argument if the Jets wanted to trade for another player and asked the Packers, I would imagine Gute would oblige. 

If thats possible, I wouldn't do that without something more from the Jets.  Maybe a 7th or something like that.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

You're moronic

It's literally a stupid take to think that Jets fans shouldn't or wouldn't be upset with him for this mindset. 

He owed that team his health. Which he ignored promptly. On an obvious designed play. 

Like what the hell do you see lol

I'm coming in late on this....

I heard Saleh's presser about Rodgers.  He called it an off-schedule play and the ball should have been out.  Duane feel badly, but the play was being extended and it isn't his fault.

Basically the coach said it was on Rodgers for extending the play.

Dude had 3 passes, 0 completions.  2 hits, 1 sack.  He was trying to play the game like he had GB's offensive line in front of him.  He should have been a game manager.  That defense was going to win the game for them, all he had to do was not screw it up.  Hand the ball off, throw on time and live to fight another day.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Is the 7th worth alienating a team you may want to work a deal with, in the future? 

Perhaps not, but are you willing to facilitate a trade for the Jets to possibly make a deal with the Lions, Bears or Vikings involving a first round pick just to be nice?

I wouldn't, but others might.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I heard Saleh's presser about Rodgers.  He called it an off-schedule play and the ball should have been out.  Duane feel badly, but the play was being extended and it isn't his fault.

Dude had 3 passes, 0 completions.  2 hits, 1 sack.  He was trying to play the game like he had GB's offensive line in front of him.  He should have been a game manager.  That defense was going to win the game for them, all he had to do was not screw it up.  Hand the ball off, throw on time and live to fight another day.

Go back a few pages, perfect picture of what Rodgers was seeing. . The guy Rodgers was supposed to throw to was wide open, by like 10 yards wide open. Problem was, he was in the middle of the field. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

This is Aaron Rodgers you're talking about, right?

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

Perhaps not, but are you willing to facilitate a trade for the Jets to possibly make a deal with the Lions, Bears or Vikings involving a first round pick just to be nice?

I wouldn't, but others might.

Pretty simple! Ask them who you are trading with or better yet, put a simple clause in the deal. Those are easier options than trying to milk another pick out of them.

You’d think he would want to get rid of the ball quickly bcuz of their lackluster OL.  A leopard can’t change his spots so he was going to play how he wanted to play.

That being said, as a 40+ yr old leopard myself, I stretched both my Achilles tendons this morning lol.  

4 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

You’d think he would want to get rid of the ball quickly bcuz of their lackluster OL.  A leopard can’t change his spots so he was going to play how he wanted to play.

That being said, as a 40+ yr old leopard myself, I stretched both my Achilles tendons this morning lol.  

So your Achilles are 'bend but don't break? '

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Go back a few pages, perfect picture of what Rodgers was seeing. . The guy Rodgers was supposed to throw to was wide open, by like 10 yards wide open. Problem was, he was in the middle of the field. 

I don't have the time to go back more pages, I'll take your word for it.

I saw the series and most of the game.

I saw Rodgers being Rodgers and getting killed.

I instantly thought Rodgers should write a letter to the GB front office thanking them for giving him a very good offensive line for the majority of his career.

We all knew this was a high possibility.  Rodgers getting injured behind that poor line.

He's a smart man.  He knew this as well.  But he tried to play the game in a way that upped those odds instead of a game that minimized those odds.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

This is Aaron Rodgers you're talking about, right?

Yes.  The guy that called out his line in camp.  

To me?  It looked like he thought he was in GB with that good line and subpar defense.  He needed to get it done to win.  

When the fact was this...the defense would have won it with him.

He failed to change his game to fit his new team.  And that is surprising to me, given how smart he is.  But, after reading comments, it should not have surprised me in the least.  That's on me.