Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, DWhitehurst said:

Interesting thing now is that, if I understand it correctly, it looks like the Jets 1st and 2nd in 2024 may be presently tied up and neither can traded, say, for another QB, unless they first renegotiate the deal with the Packers. Jets fans cannot be pleased by that if it is true.

Question....can those picks be traded by the Jets in a trade for another QB? If so, I hope they target a real loser to make the trade with.

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have to say the Jets #8 Rodgers jerseys (of which many were sold) is going to be a very interesting historical artifact particularly if Rodgers calls it a career after this.

I think Jet fans are already gathering in the Met Life parking lot to burn them :)

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

McAfee is alleging no inside information but says, in his opinion, he'll be back. Had a doctor on that said as long as Aaron was up for the rehab an Achilles is easier to recover from than an ACL. 

this is very true.  Achilles tendon repair and rehab is much less involved and challenging than ACL rehab.

no internal joint stress from the injury and the surgery

much less neurological recovery as balance/proprioception is not as impacted.  

main issue is raw strength and power that if properly managed tendon length through the early phases of rehab is much easier to regain.

Here is a video on a technique that makes the rehab much smoother following Achilles tender repair.  

https://www.arthrex.com/resources/AN1-00137-EN/pars-achilles-jig-system

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I don't have the time to go back more pages, I'll take your word for it.

I saw the series and most of the game.

I saw Rodgers being Rodgers and getting killed.

I instantly thought Rodgers should write a letter to the GB front office thanking them for giving him a very good offensive line for the majority of his career.

We all knew this was a high possibility.  Rodgers getting injured behind that poor line.

He's a smart man.  He knew this as well.  But he tried to play the game in a way that upped those odds instead of a game that minimized those odds.

Agree, I didn't think Rodgers would make it through the season running for his life.  I thought it would be a injury from contact (collarbone again, ribs, knee) Agree on the protection in GB, it allowed him to win 4 MVPs.  

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Jets fans should be livid with their whole organization. Aaron says hey let's not cut block. OLine coach says oh we're absolutely cutting. Aaron says OK **** it ill do me. Saleh says everything's fine. 

That was just  a poor marriage.

Yeah, it seems like there was already a real disconnect between Rodgers and the staff about how the offense should be run.  We are all too familiar with how that was going to play out.  A 29 year old Rodgers probably gets through last nights game with no issues.  The 39 year old Rodgers did not.  His unwillingness to compromise cost him (and the Jets) dearly.

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm coming in late on this....

I heard Saleh's presser about Rodgers.  He called it an off-schedule play and the ball should have been out.  Duane feel badly, but the play was being extended and it isn't his fault.

Basically the coach said it was on Rodgers for extending the play.

Dude had 3 passes, 0 completions.  2 hits, 1 sack.  He was trying to play the game like he had GB's offensive line in front of him.  He should have been a game manager.  That defense was going to win the game for them, all he had to do was not screw it up.  Hand the ball off, throw on time and live to fight another day.

I will never understand why Rodgers thinks this play style is effective.  You can have big plays on easy passes.  Why would you make your job more difficult, and how does he not see this?  For a skeptical guy, he needs to look at his own strategies.  

• Like 1

I fully appreciate Rodgers and all he did for the Packers but aren't you glad we don't have to deal with all that now.

This team has a light now.  I loved Rodgers during his time, but there a different team oriented vibe coming from this team right now.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 5

Just now, LacyIsGood said:

I will never understand why Rodgers thinks this play style is effective.  You can have big plays on easy passes.  Why would you make your job more difficult, and how does he not see this?  For a skeptical guy, he needs to look at his own strategies.  

There used to be a theory going around online that he wants to play a a "higher difficulty" than everyone else or some ****. IDK if I believe that or anything but it's stuck with me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

There used to be a theory going around online that he wants to play a a "higher difficulty" than everyone else or some ****. IDK if I believe that or anything but it's stuck with me.

I have it stuck in my head that he has it stuck in his head that there's only specific ways he believes he should play. And also that those ways suck as he ages, and that the only team he'd change for and have success with was SF.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

He thinks this way because the 2011 season happened, and even then things came crashing down in the end.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have to say the Jets #8 Rodgers jerseys (of which many were sold) is going to be a very interesting historical artifact particularly if Rodgers calls it a career after this.

Brandt talks about seeing a family of 5 all wearing #8 jerseys entering the stadium late due to the weather and having no idea what had just happened. Brutal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

You’d think he would want to get rid of the ball quickly bcuz of their lackluster OL.  A leopard can’t change his spots so he was going to play how he wanted to play.

That being said, as a 40+ yr old leopard myself, I stretched both my Achilles tendons this morning lol.  

This is so insanely stupid of him, I almost can’t believe it. Has he not watched years of his late career on tape, failing to extend plays anymore like he could when he was young? Especially against playoff-caliber teams? How could a smart man continue to turn down open receivers streaking across the field and be vocal about it? 

I can only conclude that he was not the cerebral, thoughtful player he’s been made out to be. 

5 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

This is so insanely stupid of him, I almost can’t believe it. Has he not watched years of his late career on tape, failing to extend plays anymore like he could when he was young? Especially against playoff-caliber teams? How could a smart man continue to turn down open receivers streaking across the field and be vocal about it? 

I can only conclude that he was not the cerebral, thoughtful player he’s been made out to be. 

I also think he wanted to make some big plays to show out for everyone and got caught dealing.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

The whole thing is wild to me. Couldn't agree more. So much money at stake, so many supposedly smart people, and something as dumb and preventable as this happens immediately.

• Like 1