Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

49 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I will never understand why Rodgers thinks this play style is effective.  You can have big plays on easy passes.  Why would you make your job more difficult, and how does he not see this?  For a skeptical guy, he needs to look at his own strategies.  

Passing Yards

9th

Passing Touchdowns

5th

Touchdown-Interception Ratio

475-105 (4.52)

1st*

Passer Rating

2nd

NFL Most Valuable Player Awards

2nd

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If the Packers want to be nice, they could re-submit the trade to the league without any conditions with a 2024 2nd as the future terms. They don't have to, but for the sake of the argument if the Jets wanted to trade for another player and asked the Packers, I would imagine Gute would oblige. 

Why would Gute oblige?

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If the Packers want to be nice, they could re-submit the trade to the league without any conditions with a 2024 2nd as the future terms. They don't have to, but for the sake of the argument if the Jets wanted to trade for another player and asked the Packers, I would imagine Gute would oblige. 

That's okay. I see no need for the Packers to be "nice." The deal was negotiated over weeks. The fact AR was injured is unfortunate for NY.....but it's not GB's problem anymore.

• Like 3

I am imagining a potential 3-way trade near the deadline where the Jets get Kyler Murray, and the Packers get Budda Baker, with the Packers agreeing to change the compensation to a 2024 2nd instead of a compensatory and Cardinals get the Jets FRP with some late round picks being tossed around to balance the ledger.

But the Jets can't trade their 1st or 2nd right now because the conditions on the conditional pick don't toll until the end of the season per NFL rules.  If they want to have their FRP to trade, they have to offer the Packers something.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Why would he say no? What does he gain? 

Because the Packers are actively disincentivized from "helping the Jets be good this year" by virtue of owning one of the Jets draft picks?

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I am imagining a potential 3-way trade near the deadline where the Jets get Kyler Murray, and the Packers get Budda Baker, with the Packers agreeing to change the compensation to a 2024 2nd instead of a compensatory and Cardinals get the Jets FRP with some late round picks being tossed around to balance the ledger.

But the Jets can't trade their 1st or 2nd right now because the conditions on the conditional pick don't toll until the end of the season per NFL rules.  If they want to have their FRP to trade, they have to offer the Packers something.

Because the Packers are actively disincentivized from "helping the Jets be good this year" by virtue of owning one of the Jets draft picks?

As RT said, the work around is massively simple. You're just making an enemy of a GM for really no reason. If the Jets want to trade their 1st round pick for a player they can easily do it. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He doesn't gain anything by agreeing to change the terms of the deal.  As of now, the Jets can't trade their FRP or SRP.  Right now, I think their pick is in the 8-18 range and subsequently the trickle down effect.  But if they're able to deal their FRP, they could in theory use that FRP to deal for another QB.  Not saying it will happen, but there's no reason for the Packers to amend the trade.  Adjusting the trade without any compensation doesn't help.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Passing Yards

9th

Passing Touchdowns

5th

Touchdown-Interception Ratio

475-105 (4.52)

1st*

Passer Rating

2nd

NFL Most Valuable Player Awards

2nd

He didn’t play like this his whole career.  Also, if he throws a 10 yard slant to Wilson and he makes it a big play the stats will still count the same

To me, it seemed like hero ball started the year they got embarrassed by Denver on Monday night 

Edited by LacyIsGood

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He could extract another low draft pick in exchange for being nice.  Why not try....look at how Valentine turned out for us this year.  Plus, why give the Jets leverage to get a player that could lower our second round draft pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

We all lose because of this.  We won't see how this season would have played out.  We won't see Rodgers vs Mahomes, we lose out on a first round pick.   

The Jets take the brunt of it, but there is loss to go around.

Selfishly.  Everyone loses.

• Like 1