Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A seventh round draft pick

Sure, he could negotiate a late pick swap. I'm saying just flat out not agreeing to it. Odds the Jets want to move their first is probably minimal anyway. I would say Kirk Cousins is probably the only realistic player where that might happen. 

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sure, he could negotiate a late pick swap. I'm saying just flat out not agreeing to it. Odds the Jets want to move their first is probably minimal anyway. I would say Kirk Cousins is probably the only realistic player where that might happen. 

Even then, what do the Packers gain by agreeing to change the terms of the deal?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

As I already said, the Jets can get around it no problem. We'll trade you our 2025 1st that can turn into our 2024 1st based on X. We don't own their 1st round pick. 

I don't think that's possible.  I don't think you can speed up picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

You’d think he would want to get rid of the ball quickly bcuz of their lackluster OL.  A leopard can’t change his spots so he was going to play how he wanted to play.

That being said, as a 40+ yr old leopard myself, I stretched both my Achilles tendons this morning lol.  

Rodgers camp leaking this after the fact is hilarious and on brand. Never his fault, even though the Jets entire offseason after the trade was to bend over backwards to get Rodgers what he wanted to make him as comfortable as possible. Brought in his washed buddies at WR and hired his friend Hackett to run EXACTLY the offense that Rodgers wants to run! How the hell could there be a disconnect between the 2 regarding how this offense was gonna operate?

Sidenote: the play design even worked to perfection there too, as Garrett Wilson was wide open on a slant and Rodgers was even looking directly at him! Should have been a quick and easy completion if he didn't unnecessarily hold onto the ball. Execute the play and get the ball out on time

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Why would he say no? What does he gain? 

So Gutekunst would amend the trade to allow NYJ to make a trade to improve their team and likely reducing the value of the 2nd round pick GB is set to get all to hopefully not piss off a GM in hopes that a future potential trade partner is retained?

Why would the NYJ GM offer to add a future 4th/5th in the hopes to not puss off a GM in the hopes that a future potential trade partner is available?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

This is so insanely stupid of him, I almost can’t believe it. Has he not watched years of his late career on tape, failing to extend plays anymore like he could when he was young? Especially against playoff-caliber teams? How could a smart man continue to turn down open receivers streaking across the field and be vocal about it? 

I can only conclude that he was not the cerebral, thoughtful player he’s been made out to be. 

It seems to me that of all his shortcomings, being stupid isn’t one. Stubbornness, yes. It really seems like he’s oblivious to the fact that avoiding open guys to play for the big pass every play is a terrible strategy. Yet I don’t know how that’s possible.

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I suggest you try harder to understand both the point and the context around it before you opine on things going forward.

Nobody said Jets fans should be mad because he got injured.

it's because he continues to play in a mindset that increases the risk of it.

It's still a terrible take, should he play fearfully and never move or look for more. The context is complete garbage as well. No one knows when or how an injury will occur. Blame the NFL according to 'Bahk for ****ty turf. 

5 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

It's still a terrible take, should he play fearfully and never move or look for more. The context is complete garbage as well. No one knows when or how an injury will occur. Blame the NFL according to 'Bahk for ****ty turf. 

For me, it’s not just one play. It’s not this play in a vacuum. It’s that this play was precisely emblematic of the problems I have had with Rodgers’ play in big games against quality opponents for several years now. It’s this thing he does that drives me crazy. And it’s almost immaterial that it’s a play he got hurt on, but it is one ironic consequence of playing out of structure. 

It’s not that he should never extend a play. It’s that he clearly seems to think that that is the main way to run an offense, instead of a useful aspect to sprinkle in. He doesn’t like the mechanical nature of the LaFleur offense? But that’s what works. That’s all they do in San Fran. It’s made Brock Purdy of all people a household name. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

So Gutekunst would amend the trade to allow NYJ to make a trade to improve their team and likely reducing the value of the 2nd round pick GB is set to get all to hopefully not piss off a GM in hopes that a future potential trade partner is retained?

Why would the NYJ GM offer to add a future 4th/5th in the hopes to not puss off a GM in the hopes that a future potential trade partner is available?

We'll trade you a 2024 3rd round pick that becomes a 2024 1st round pick if Kirk Cousins is on the roster on Dec 1. 

They literally don't need us, I don't understand why the concept is so hard. If we asked for a 5th they'd laugh and hangup the phone and just do the trade conditionally. Should Gute say, hey can we have the option to swap 6ths or 7ths if we wave the conditions, in the 1% chance that Douglas actually called him on that, yeah he should .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If the Packers want to be nice, they could re-submit the trade to the league without any conditions with a 2024 2nd as the future terms. They don't have to, but for the sake of the argument if the Jets wanted to trade for another player and asked the Packers, I would imagine Gute would oblige. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll trade you a 2024 3rd round pick that becomes a 2024 1st round pick if Kirk Cousins is on the roster on Dec 1. 

They literally don't need us, I don't understand why the concept is so hard. If we asked for a 5th they'd laugh and hangup the phone and just do the trade conditionally. Should Gute say, hey can we have the option to swap 6ths or 7ths if we wave the conditions, in the 1% chance that Douglas actually called him on that, yeah he should .

If NYJ dont need GB to make a trade of their 24 1st, why is Gutekunst even involved?

Why does GB need to be nice?

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If NYJ dont need GB to make a trade of their 24 1st, why is Gutekunst even involved?

Why does GB need to be nice?

Want, not Need.

That said, It's better to let them come to us with such a request rather than come up to them first and let them know it's on the table. No need to out yourself as a doormat.

• Like 1