Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's nothing on earth that would be funnier than Rodgers telling them that he's done, so they eat a $70 million dollar cap hit, but they don't want to waste a season, so they send a king's ransom for Kyler Murray, including having to send us a 5th to unlock their ability to trade their 1st midseason. 

Oh....I get what everybody's been talking about finally.

Change the parameters of the deal so the Jets can use their FRP in a trade before the season's over - and get themselves out of the deep hole they find themselves in....since it's impossible for it to go the the Packers.

Now that I finally understand it.........................................no.....we dont need to agree to change the terms.

In truth I'm a cold hearted bastard in real life :)

7 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

Now you have to throw in the idea of Mayfield being IR’d to meet the Rodgers situation.
I can see the NFL taking a situation like that and accelerating it, saying the Jets can trade away their first round pick with it being common knowledge Rodgers will not meet the criteria.

This seems incredibly unlikely.  I can't think of a single reason why the league would even consider it. 

This blurb from ESPN sums up my feelings on losing the RD1 pick perfectly.  Losing the RD1 pick feels like a significant loss, but it's not likely to be a huge drop in value. 

This won't be quite as dramatic of a drop-off as it might feel for Green Bay, as a healthy Rodgers was likely to yield a pick landing in the back half of Round 1, while a Jets team with Wilson at quarterback could lead to sending a selection in the front half of Round 2.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This blurb from ESPN sums up my feelings on losing the RD1 pick perfectly.  Losing the RD1 pick feels like a significant loss, but it's not likely to be a huge drop in value. 

Its probably around a 20 pick slot difference

• Like 1

But no... Seriously... Seriously...

Rodgers doesn't like the cut block plays in the Jets offense. Just like he did to McCarthy, just like he did to LaFleur, he sabotaged the play.

He figured, "Let's make it look terrible, let's make it look like this is the dumbest thing in the world. It's just one sack in the first game, I have 16 more games to complain and get myself Bakhtiari if I complain enough. We'll make it go for a ten yard loss so they will NEVER call that kind of play again. Screw the middle of the field, screw slants in general, this is going to be Rodgers ball."

He takes the sack, and then he's walking around and he looks at the sideline with the, "I told you that play that I just sabotaged doesn't work," look he gave McCarthy and LaFleur all the time.

Then he's like, "Hold up, I just played myself and ended my career by being the petulant whiner I've been ever since 2015 made me a momentary legend. If I had to pick, I'd say 2015 was my favorite season because that was the season I became a martyr, and ever since 2015 I have been sabotaging my teammates in order to make myself look better, but now I have caused myself a major injury."

This is literally real life karma happening.

And to anybody who suggests I'm wrong on him sabotaging plays, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

You cannot sit there and say he's among the greatest to ever play while also watching the play that ended his career, the play that ended our season last season, the play that ended the last Niners playoff loss, half the plays in McCarthy's last season, all the massive over throws in his first year with LaFleur.

If you think he's one of the greats, you have to look at those plays that make no sense and see some sort of enemy action.

Edited by MacReady
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I did the math on it the other day. The difference seems to be worth somewhere between a high 3rd (like #7 in 3rd= #71 overall) and a low 2nd (like #23 in 2nd= #55 overall).

This assumes NYJ are now on track to finish around middle-of-the-pack like last year. And that with Rodgers healthy they would’ve at least made the playoffs & maybe even conference championship game.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

This seems incredibly unlikely.  I can't think of a single reason why the league would even consider it. 

Agree. I dont think the league has a place to interfere here. Let the trade play out as negotiated.

Now....might the league interfere....with the aim of bolstering the "Super Bowl contending" NYJ prospects? Well, there are a lot of prime time Zach Wilson games on TV this year......

Edited by Leader

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

figured this was coming from a high profile injury like that

The players need to make this a negotiation point but instead are trying to just complain about it. This isn't a new problem, but they don't want to bargain anything for it.

1 minute ago, spilltray said:

The players need to make this a negotiation point but instead are trying to just complain about it. This isn't a new problem, but they don't want to bargain anything for it.

They shouldn't have to bargain anything for it, it benefits the owners to protect their assets and it shouldn't cost those assets anything to be protected.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

figured this was coming from a high profile injury like that

I've always advocated for grass fields. I hope they win this one. Going to be a difficult thing in dome stadiums unless they've figured out how to grow grass indoors. 

However, Rodgers' injury had nothing to do with being on turf. He has just caught in a bad position. 

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

I feel differently. I think Wilson will not have a much different record than Rodgers would have. I think everyone was WILDLY overrating how good Rodgers would be. He's bad behind bad OLs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I feel differently. I think Wilson will not have a much different record than Rodgers would have. I think everyone was WILDLY overrating how good Rodgers would be. He's bad behind bad OLs.

I am aware of your thoughts on Rodgers.

35 minutes ago, R T said:

They shouldn't have to bargain anything for it, it benefits the owners to protect their assets and it shouldn't cost those assets anything to be protected.  

Do the football owners share in the stadium revenue derived from concerts, etc?