Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am aware of your thoughts on Rodgers.

Ok, good. I was just correcting the point then about how it's likely to be a full round of value loss. That team was always going to go as their defense went. 

Zach Wilson just beat Buffalo. Do we think Rodgers would have gotten more win somehow?

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

With other owners? Or with the municipality?

The point I was trying to express....

The NFLPA wants a league-wide "solution" - all venues have to be grass or have "portable grass" systems.

I'm presuming the Owners open insurance policies against the players - to offset loss.

AR's a "headliner" loss....but whats the actual cost across the league? I'll presume that few top line QB's (the highest player cost) are actually lost for the season.

So - whats the balance sheet look like? The cost factors to implement that system versus the lost player cost?

23 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Tackle cut Floyd to give Rodgers the window. The receiver was wide open on the slant and was open way earlier than this was taken. 

But Rodgers wasn't looking for it. He was looking for the seam route and Lazard who was covered on the in route. 

There's no discussion to be had here about who was responsible for him getting hit. It was on Rodgers. 

The only discussion here is whether or not we're in bad taste for talking about it. 

PlVxsNQ.jpg

wilson was 3rd read, Rodgers barely saw him come open before Floyd was on him, he didn't even get to spin right and he was hit, you and others are grasping for anything to rail on him, whats in bad taste is that you guys never cut him any slack, unless he's perfect Arod his play sucks, got it.

10 minutes ago, turf toe said:

wilson was 3rd read, Rodgers barely saw him come open before Floyd was on him, he didn't even get to spin right and he was hit, you and others are grasping for anything to rail on him, whats in bad taste is that you guys never cut him any slack, unless he's perfect Arod his play sucks, got it.

Wilson was the third read . . . based on what??? At BEST, you might be able to make the argument that he's supposed to look right to try and move the ILB before promptly coming back to the left, but that didn't happen. 

You wouldn't have a Tackle cutting the DE on only the left side if that wasn't the read he was looking for. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Pretty impressive you know the play better than their HC even! 

You're so far up Aaron's butt you think he can do no wrong and that even his head coach doesn't understand the play lmao

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wilson was the third read . . . based on what??? At BEST, you might be able to make the argument that he's supposed to look right to try and move the ILB before promptly coming back to the left, but that didn't happen. 

You wouldn't have a Tackle cutting the DE on only the left side if that wasn't the read he was looking for. 

his first read was to the right, then center and then to Wilson,, just look at the 3 step drop and set, he is looking right/center, for all we know the tackle screwed up.

I think people want to blame Rodgers simply because he tends to hold the ball, what seems obvious is that he was hoping to hold the safety but ran out of time because Floyd went through that wimpy cut block so quickly, lousy blocking scheme got Rodgers IR'd

47 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I feel differently. I think Wilson will not have a much different record than Rodgers would have. I think everyone was WILDLY overrating how good Rodgers would be. He's bad behind bad OLs.

Wilson is also bad in general. He made maybe 1-2 decent throws the entire night and the TD pass was not one of them (actually a pretty poor throw). He also threw an INT right to a LB, something Rodgers doesn't do. Wilson sucks so even if people over-estimated Rodgers, I still see a net 3-4 games that we will likely gain from Wilson being the QB. We probably aren't talking about a 13-4 to 4-13 swing here, but more like 12-5 to 8-9 or something close.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, turf toe said:

his first read was to the right, then center and then to Wilson,, just look at the 3 step drop and set, he is looking right/center, for all we know the tackle screwed up.

I think people want to blame Rodgers simply because he tends to hold the ball, what seems obvious is that he was hoping to hold the safety but ran out of time because Floyd went through that wimpy cut block so quickly, lousy blocking scheme got Rodgers IR'd

Did you just skip the entire thread????

Rodgers not playing within the offense and doing his own **** on the reads is the ENTIRE problem. 

There is no way that both the Tackle and the WR happened to screw up in the exact same way. Those two were acting in coordination along a plan that objectively worked.

27 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Wilson is also bad in general. He made maybe 1-2 decent throws the entire night and the TD pass was not one of them (actually a pretty poor throw). He also threw an INT right to a LB, something Rodgers doesn't do. Wilson sucks so even if people over-estimated Rodgers, I still see a net 3-4 games that we will likely gain from Wilson being the QB. We probably aren't talking about a 13-4 to 4-13 swing here, but more like 12-5 to 8-9 or something close.  

The difference on Monday Night was Wilson has wheels and can somewhat elude a pass rush.  Wouldn't want him as my QB, but he is mobile.  The Jet better address their line if they have any hope of Rodgers lasting the season next year.

Edited by NFLGURU

26 minutes ago, turf toe said:

You think you know better than the head coach. You realize that, right? And everything that goes along with it? You're literally saying Saleh is wrong in his own assessment of the play.

How do you sleep at night 

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I was really really really low on Rodgers this year. He was bad last year and I 100% expected him to be even worse this year. 

Bottom 5-10 QB bad. Because that's who he is behind a non-elite OL much less a bad one. 

We got a very very small taste of how ugly it was going to be for him all season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You think you know better than the head coach. You realize that, right? And everything that goes along with it? You're literally saying Saleh is wrong in his own assessment of the play.

How do you sleep at night 

never heard what Saleh had to say, this is who Rodgers has always been, and our OL usually protected him, and again, Wilson was not even open if he had been the first read, which from the look of Rodgers wasn't.

Rodgers did what most often worked very well as a Packer, we don't coach our tackles to chop block, usually he could escape the clutches of closing DL man and make the play, monday he failed, and probably cost us some draft capitol, big deal, I'll miss his play more then I'll miss that draft pick, which was likely to be a 2nd anyway, who cares.

and I sleep just fine, thank you.