Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The point I was trying to express....

The NFLPA wants a league-wide "solution" - all venues have to be grass or have "portable grass" systems.

I'm presuming the Owners open insurance policies against the players - to offset loss.

AR's a "headliner" loss....but whats the actual cost across the league? I'll presume that few top line QB's (the highest player cost) are actually lost for the season.

So - whats the balance sheet look like? The cost factors to implement that system versus the lost player cost?

I doubt anything happens, they could say any future stadiums need to be grass, but I doubt they make teams make a transition now. A few stadiums who can do it might, but there are too many multiple event stadiums. 

I'd be curious to see the amount of injuries in the first few weeks of the season now compared to before the NFLPA  turned training camp into a girl scout camp (No pads, no hitting,  padded helmets).  You get to real action in the first weeks and lose players.  Just wonder if there is a relationship there? Maybe not.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I was really really really low on Rodgers this year. He was bad last year and I 100% expected him to be even worse this year. 

Bottom 5-10 QB bad. Because that's who he is behind a non-elite OL much less a bad one. 

We got a very very small taste of how ugly it was going to be for him all season. 

Baloony Rodgers issues last year where OL and receiver related or he would have been no different then the year prior, we ended up the 2nd worst team in the league for dropped passes, the worst team had 1 (one) more dropped pass, ridiculous how fans blame Rodgers for what happened last year.

54 minutes ago, turf toe said:

his first read was to the right, then center and then to Wilson,, just look at the 3 step drop and set, he is looking right/center, for all we know the tackle screwed up.

I think people want to blame Rodgers simply because he tends to hold the ball, what seems obvious is that he was hoping to hold the safety but ran out of time because Floyd went through that wimpy cut block so quickly, lousy blocking scheme got Rodgers IR'd

Somebody needs to tell the Jets coach that then. Salah made it a point of saying it was not Brown's fault on the play. He said he did his job on the play. 

You have to be on something to not see the ball was supposed to go to Wilson immediately on a shallow cross. HE's right in front of Rodgers, open by 10 yards. But you go ahead and keep believing he did exactly what he was supposed to do because you know more than the Jets HC. 

• Like 1

A lot of people are pointing a lot of fingers over this situation, but I personally find it curious that no one blames Joe Namath for this. 

The Jets havent been able to find a successful QB ever since that guy mucked that city up.

Does anyone really believe this happens with Rodgers wearing #12? It never happened the whole time he wears 12. 

Magic 8 ball says torn achilles.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Somebody needs to tell the Jets coach that then. Salah made it a point of saying it was not Brown's fault on the play. He said he did his job on the play. 

You have to be on something to not see the ball was supposed to go to Wilson immediately on a shallow cross. HE's right in front of Rodgers, open by 10 yards. But you go ahead and keep believing he did exactly what he was supposed to do because you know more than the Jets HC. 

This is a good post

11 minutes ago, turf toe said:

never heard what Saleh had to say, this is who Rodgers has always been, and our OL usually protected him, and again, Wilson was not even open if he had been the first read, which from the look of Rodgers wasn't.

Rodgers did what most often worked very well as a Packer, we don't coach our tackles to chop block, usually he could escape the clutches of closing DL man and make the play, monday he failed, and probably cost us some draft capitol, big deal, I'll miss his play more then I'll miss that draft pick, which was likely to be a 2nd anyway, who cares.

and I sleep just fine, thank you.

1. Wilson was 100% open as the first read. What are you talking about?

2. Both receivers to the right were plainly covered. So he should have moved off to his "3rd read" (which should have been his first read) anyway. 

3. Him thinking that he was going to just do his own thing regardless of all the foundational pieces around him doing something different IS the problem. 

4. It's not 2014 anymore. The days of Rodgers regularly spinning out of those hits are long over. He took a ton of them last year. 

5. Nobody ever doubted you were a Rodgers fan over a Packer fan. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Baloony Rodgers issues last year where OL and receiver related or he would have been no different then the year prior, we ended up the 2nd worst team in the league for dropped passes, the worst team had 1 (one) more dropped pass, ridiculous how fans blame Rodgers for what happened last year.

You can't blame the WR and OL as a whole for a season after proving that you will blame the WR and OL on what was an extremely obvious QB **** up. 

The difference between last place and league average in drops is 1/2 of a drop per game. 

The offensive line was 9h in pressure percentage allowed and 7th in sack percentage allowed. 

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Wilson was 100% open as the first read. What are you talking about?

2. Both receivers to the right were plainly covered. So he should have moved off to his "3rd read" (which should have been his first read) anyway. 

3. Him thinking that he was going to just do his own thing regardless of all the foundational pieces around him doing something different IS the problem. 

4. It's not 2014 anymore. The days of Rodgers regularly spinning out of those hits are long over. He took a ton of them last year. 

5. Nobody ever doubted you were a Rodgers fan over a Packer fan. 

never had time, he was in shotgun, hardly moved off that spot, and his first look was to the right, by the time he started through his progressions to the left Floyd had already beaten that chop block and was barreling towards Rodgers, could he have still flipped it to Wilson???, obviously Rodgers didn't feel as though he could, so he started to turn right on his patented spin out move and Floyd took him down.

I just re watched this several times and my opinion on this has not changed, should Rodgers have started his route reads with Wilson and just fired him the ball? sure, hindsight being 20/20 but I don't know if that was the called play, or if Rodgers changed it, if so it didn't work, all I know now from watching several different camera angles is that Rodgers first read was the receiver on the right side, just the opposite of Wilson.

and I've been a Packer fan twice as long as you, just long enough to know that players make the team, and always have, are you a fan of a building?

11 minutes ago, turf toe said:

never had time, he was in shotgun, hardly moved off that spot, and his first look was to the right, by the time he started through his progressions to the left Floyd had already beaten that chop block and was barreling towards Rodgers, could he have still flipped it to Wilson???, obviously Rodgers didn't feel as though he could, so he started to turn right on his patented spin out move and Floyd took him down.

I just re watched this several times and my opinion on this has not changed, should Rodgers have started his route reads with Wilson and just fired him the ball? sure, hindsight being 20/20 but I don't know if that was the called play, or if Rodgers changed it, if so it didn't work, all I know now from watching several different camera angles is that Rodgers first read was the receiver on the right side, just the opposite of Wilson.

and I've been a Packer fan twice as long as you, just long enough to know that players make the team, and always have, are you a fan of a building?

Your response is utter nonsense. Rodgers HAS to be able to see Wilson in this shot. He's got the ball in position to zip it to him and not take a hit. Oh and by the way, pick up a first down in the process.

How do I know he has to see Wilson, because he saw the pass rusher coming at him and he's at a much wider angle to where Rodgers is looking. 

You just keep spinning and spinning and spinning. It's quite sad. 

Your comment about players making the team is spot on. What you don't understand is when one of them gets to a point where they think they are bigger than the team, they must go. Happened with Favre, now Rodgers. Packers were right in both situations. 

Edited by Old Guy

3 minutes ago, turf toe said:

Jesus Christ

Why did he stay looking to the right after the first millisecond? 

That ball should have been out as soon as he had the laces. 

Yes, you do know that was the called play. Anybody with a modicum of football knowledge knows that was the called play. Anybody without a modicum of football knowledge can listen to Saleh tell you it was the called play. 

Rodgers decided to read to the right first. The correct read was to the left. The cut block was executed to make a window for Rodgers to throw the slant through. The slant was wide open. Everybody did the right thing here except Rodgers. 

You're a fan of the players . . . Of other teams? You should be a fan of the team, the organization, the city, and the uniform. 

• Like 1

So the play in question featured:

- Blocking specifically to create a window to throw the slant.
- The WR running the slant is wide open.
- The WR running the slant is the Jets most talented WR.

So I'm not sure it's much of a stretch to assume "Wilson was supposed to be the first read".  But Rodgers is going to Rodgers, and his injury was less karmic retribution than bad luck, but if there was ever an time to "grip it and rip it" it was that play.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, turf toe said:

could he have still flipped it to Wilson???, obviously Rodgers didn't feel as though he could, so he started to turn right on his patented spin out move and Floyd took him down.

Oh sorry I didn't know how he felt till now, case closed then.

Maybe the WRs that dropped passes for Rodgers last year (which you complain about) also felt like they couldn't catch that ball. I guess all is good then, right?

• Like 1