Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

9 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

This is about as likely as AJ Dillon being the NFL's leading rusher this season.

Like Wilson's issues are not related to arm strength or accuracy.  They're about how easy he is to rattle because he does not like being hit.  This is not a moral failing, most people don't like being hit, but those people tend to find a line of work where are not, as a matter of course, pursued by large men who intend violence.

The only way Wilson could be a viable NFL quarterback is if the Jets had a really good (like top 5) offensive line.  It's similar to, but more severe than, Derek Carr's issues.

Then he's going to have some serious issues this Sunday. The Cowboys like to hit quarterbacks. What they did to poor Daniel Jones Monday night was not right. 

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Then he's going to have some serious issues this Sunday. The Cowboys like to hit quarterbacks. What they did to poor Daniel Jones Monday night was not right. 

I mean, the promise of the Jets with Rodgers is that with that defense and with Rodgers still capable of elite QB play in spots, there's no team that the Jets couldn't beat.

With Wilson though, I suspect there are teams he can't beat, and one of those teams is unfortunately the Patriots (he's 0fer vs. Belichick) which is unfortunate for the Jets since those are 2 of the most winnable games on the schedule.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

First off, this is well done by Rodgers. I don't want his career to end like this. 

Thank you to every person that has reached out, called, texted, DM’d, connected through a friend, etc. It has meant a ton to me, and I’ll… | Instagram

What if Zach Wilson plays really well and the Jets decided he's the future? 

Yeah, kinda hard not to root for a comeback for him. Would be cool. Send him off as a SB loser to Jordan Love.

• Like 3

Rodgers is delusional if he thinks he is going to lead the Jets to the playoffs in 2024 or 2025.

Think about it. Wilson bailed the Jets out two nights ago but was benched twice last year.

The Jets need to trade for Cooper Rush who did well in Dak's absence for Dallas last year but will never unseat him as the fulltime starter because they were both born the same year. If they do it now Rush would be playing his former team this Sunday.

6 hours ago, MacReady said:

Wait, who is the troll? You agree with me, right, or are you saying the notion is trolling?

Because the evidence doesn’t lie and LITERALLY nobody has directed all the visual evidence of Rodgers flat out not throwing to open receivers that he was staring right at.

I agree with you.  It's obvious Rodgers has  been his own worst enemy since 2022.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

Rodgers is delusional if he thinks he is going to lead the Jets to the playoffs in 2024 or 2025.

Think about it. Wilson bailed the Jets out two nights ago but was benched twice last year.

The Jets need to trade for Cooper Rush who did well in Dak's absence for Dallas last year but will never unseat him as the fulltime starter because they were both born the same year. If they do it now Rush would be playing his former team this Sunday.

Dak missed 5 games last year and 11 games in 2020. Kinda doubt Cowboys are looking to trade their quality backup QB.

• Like 1

One plus Rodgers got out of the trade to the Jets was that he could now only play the 49ers in the playoffs if it was the Super Bowl. However, the Jets have not been to the Super Bowl since winning the third edition 55 seasons ago, a game that Joe Namath (whose #12 being retired has precluded Rodgers from using the number with the Jets) famously guaranteed the Jets would win.

Edited by pf9

Bakhtiari is such a ******* hypocrite on this topic. He's an absolute liar. 

On 9/12 he says:

"That's why some of these young guys who are young, light, they absolute love it. I know Aaron Jones is a huge fan of it because they can grip and then it turns into a track meet."

Then on 9/14 he says:

"You have other players who like playing on the turf field, because it’s faster," Goodell said on ESPN’s "First Take." "So, you’ve got mixed opinions. What we want to go on is science, we want to go on what’s the best from an injury standpoint."

Goodell did not name anyone who he claimed liked to play on turf over grass.

Bakhtiari, a two-time All-Pro, was not feeling the commissioner’s answer.

"What kind of toad poison is the commish smoking?!?" he wrote on one of his Instagram Stories. 

"Name them???? Literally, I want to know who!" he added on another.

+++

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/packers-all-pro-rips-roger-goodell-turf-remarks-kind-toad-poison-commish-smoking

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bakhtiari is such a ******* hypocrite on this topic. He's an absolute liar. 

On 9/12 he says:

"That's why some of these young guys who are young, light, they absolute love it. I know Aaron Jones is a huge fan of it because they can grip and then it turns into a track meet."

Then on 9/14 he says:

"You have other players who like playing on the turf field, because it’s faster," Goodell said on ESPN’s "First Take." "So, you’ve got mixed opinions. What we want to go on is science, we want to go on what’s the best from an injury standpoint."

Goodell did not name anyone who he claimed liked to play on turf over grass.

Bakhtiari, a two-time All-Pro, was not feeling the commissioner’s answer.

"What kind of toad poison is the commish smoking?!?" he wrote on one of his Instagram Stories. 

"Name them???? Literally, I want to know who!" he added on another.

+++

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/packers-all-pro-rips-roger-goodell-turf-remarks-kind-toad-poison-commish-smoking

where is the lie, he simply gave his opinion, which by the way comes after years of experience on both surfaces, obviously if your bigger, heavier, the result of the lack of forgiveness from turf will have a more severe affect on the bigger players body, Green, you know yourself this makes sense, why are you so heavily invested defending turf? 👎

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 9:35 PM, ChaRisMa said:

Jets need to trade us for Sean Clifford. At least he hasn’t stopped growing like Wilson. If Salah couldn’t get him right after two years, he’s never going to be a starter long term. Find a young prospect with hope.

I don't want to ship any more QBs to NJ for a while, thank you.

• Like 1