Rd7P241 Steelers CB Cory Trice 6'3 203 4.47

armsteeld

CB Cory Trice will make this Steelers Secondary even better. Steelers clearly went for the taller CBs with press skills. Trice has good long speed and used to play Safety. Consensus Top 100 player fell to the 7th due to a lengthy injury history but he's finally healthy.

I think he should be in play to compete for the Nickel DB spot. He's used to playing in the middle of the field due to his Safety days and could be a hindrance for TEs. Honestly I'm liking this pick more and more each day.

• Like 1

Man, if Kenny develops into something decent and we come out of this draft class with a franchise LT and two starting CB....its a bright future!

Mighty big "if's" though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Consensus Top 100 player fell to the 7th due to a lengthy injury history but he's finally healthy.

Yeah...I'll never understand how teams will take a flyer on talent, who's still recovering from a major injury, yet are leery of taking a guy who is fully recovered, and has played a full season since, and has shown little-to-no ill effects from the injury. But hey, that's fine by me...

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

I'd love for the team to allow him to compete for the Nickel spot.

He's the perfect size (ht/wt of 6'3"/215ish)  He was lighter at the combine than his playing weight, is my understanding.  Plus, you can tell just by looking at the difference between PJJ's and his college highlights--Trice Jr is noticably thicker than PJJ.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

He's the perfect size (ht/wt of 6'3"/215ish)  He was lighter at the combine than his playing weight, is my understanding.  Plus, you can tell just by looking at the difference between PJJ's and his college highlights--Trice Jr is noticably thicker than PJJ.

could be a steal, shocked he was there in RD7.  The press vs TE's could be something they have in mind, seems like a perfect player for this.  Maybe he can cover Kelce instead of letting him find soft spots in zones like everyone else does. With Khan going out and signing a slot corner, Trice will probably be outside or hopefully VS specific TE's.  His run support also is good for the defence

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Trice will probably be outside or hopefully VS specific TE's.  His run support also is good for the defence

Well, what I meany was acting in that "Big Nickel" capacity, to act as sort of a 3rd safety, to cover TE's, and other slot, or large WRs that come across the middle.  Or, in Run plays, obviously, provide similar to Run D, just as that 4th LB would, without, hopefully, giving up an obvious weakness.  Plus, my understanding is that Trice Jr is an excellent zone defender, as well...

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He is an oldish player who has only played one full season in 5 years.  I would also be cautious.  you could say 1 full season in 4 years as he was obviously redshirted year 1.

Well, according to Purdue, he played in 11 games his 'red shirt' rookie season, even if he only started 5.  He played all 6 of their COVID year season in 2020, and played 2 games, until he injured his knee, his Jr year, but then played/started all 13 his Senior year, so in actuality, he was only unavailable to play those 11 games his Junior year, but played 11 of 12 games, or very close to full season his Red Shirt year, played all 6 games the COVID year, and of course, the full season his senior year.  

All that adds up to being fairly healthy, overall, IMO...

• Like 1

how often id we play the Dime last year? We might play more of that now if the front is much better vs any sneaky run plays .  This will get another  CB on the field.  

whats everyone prediction for the DB's that make the final 53?