Giants fire HC McAdoo and GM Jerry Reese; Spagnuolo to be interim HC

bzane

Rumored may happen this week, after Raiders game:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/12/3/16730018/ny-giants-head-coach-ben-mcadoo-fired-monday-report-john-mara-jerry-reese-eli-manning

The final straw might be the disrespectful manner in which Manning was treated this week. 

Giants owner John Mara is extremely fond of Manning, and felt the situation highlighted his belief that McAdoo has lacked communication skills during his time as the team's head coach, according to sources.

The final straw might be the disrespectful manner in which Manning was treated this week. 

Giants owner John Mara is extremely fond of Manning, and felt the situation highlighted his belief that McAdoo has lacked communication skills during his time as the team's head coach, according to sources.

EDIT:

Seems that it's been done. Jerry Reese also gone. Steve Spagnuolo to be interim HC.

It'd be stupid of them to fire McAdoo before the end of the season. Why? Because by going to Geno Smith instead of Davis Webb (or you know just playing Eli Manning) it's sent a clear message that you're tanking. Firing McAdoo and going with the unknown rather than the known may lead to them actually winning meaningless games. It does nothing to help them.

17 minutes ago, bzane said:

Aaaaaahhh, I don't know- this all may turn out to be McAdoo About Nothing!

I have a feeling that Ben McAdoo will stay on as the Giants' coach, for many, many years!

Image result for fat football coach

Oh god, I vaguely remember him and him being the only coach more obese than Andy Reid.

A coach that will bench Eli to start Geno to me just signed his own walking papers. Eli my be a small part of the offensive trouble but he is by no means the main factor, the guy did not forget how to play QB over one off season. Geno is junk, I could see if you had drafted a QB that my be the future you may give him a shot at this point but to bench Eli for Geno is a bone head move in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

A coach that will bench Eli to start Geno to me just signed his own walking papers. Eli my be a small part of the offensive trouble but he is by no means the main factor, the guy did not forget how to play QB over one off season. Geno is junk, I could see if you had drafted a QB that my be the future you may give him a shot at this point but to bench Eli for Geno is a bone head move in my opinion.

Mara wasn’t against benching Eli. That’s not the issue. This isn’t just a McAdoo decision. Mara doesn’t like how it was relayed to Eli. 

Which is strange given that if you listened to both of them Mara seems to imply Eli has no future while McAdoo is more tight lipped and more reluctant.

Things are proceeding very quickly now ... shades of the Brad Childress and Wade Phillips firings in 2010. The fans and front office saw the writing on the wall and canned those guys before the end of the season; McAdodo could meet the same fate.

Who would be the interim HC if this happens?

Archived