Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

Tom Brady vs. Buffalo GDT

Recommended Posts

This game has given me more hope for the future than the Chiefs win did. It we can get these types of games from our defense without a real good pass rush. Our offense obviously needs a major overhaul but having a defense that has rebounded and played well against a guy who has terrorized us for his entire career. The process is back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Short pass again?!? Ugh. You called a TO...play like you mean it!

Yeah weird drive there. The run was also a weird call, might as well just kneel it and end the half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah weird drive there. The run was also a weird call, might as well just kneel it and end the half. 

Exactly. Must have called the TO in case their was a big return. Still, I wanted to see us try to get into FG range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is so not the game I expected so far. I'm pleased with our pass D, but even if you take away the big runs, our D vs. the ground game isn't impressing me. There's been 240 yds rushing combined from both teams already, so neither one is actually impressive. To think we've held the Pats to just 9 points and given up 130 yards rushing to a Tom Brady-led team is very surprising to me! We're in this still, especially since it's a home game, but that offense has got to make some plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

This is so not the game I expected so far. I'm pleased with our pass D, but even if you take away the big runs, our D vs. the ground game isn't impressing me. There's been 240 yds rushing combined from both teams already, so neither one is actually impressive. To think we've held the Pats to just 9 points and given up 130 yards rushing to a Tom Brady-led team is very surprising to me! We're in this still, especially since it's a home game, but that offense has got to make some plays.

Yup. I'm intrigued to know if the Pats run game success has a lot to do with selling out against the pass or just a bit of a return to the run defense of the losing streak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you not get any pressure when you bring eight? I like that they actually brought pressure after showing it so much but that was disastrous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

How do you not get any pressure when you bring eight? I like that they actually brought pressure after showing it so much but that was disastrous. 

Terrible play call. The linebackers started to rush and then bailed into pass defense but Gronk was wide open before they could get to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...2 penalties on Gronk in one drive. Don't think that happens...like ever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical 1st drive after the half for the Patriots. Looked way too easy. BB and his staff are always so good at making adjustments. Bastards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yibbyl said:

Typical 1st drive after the half for the Patriots. Looked way too easy. BB and his staff are always so good at making adjustments. Bastards!

I wouldn't even call that adjustments. We gave them a 2nd chance when we had them stopped but left him wide open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love how they call McCoy for illegal hand to the face while the Patriots player hand his hands on McCoys face mask as well. Should have been offsetting penalties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else surprised at how many touches Cadet has been getting the last couple of games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was some valiant resistance in the first half but it looks like it might be the beginning of the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yibbyl said:

Anyone else surprised at how many touches Cadet has been getting the last couple of games?

Yeah but I think he's done well. Maybe a little bit too like for like but he's not Tolbert so he's got that going for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×