Raider Team Activity Talk (Minicamps, OTAs, Training Camp)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

They actually lost assets if you think about it:

With Carr, they lost 5 mil 

With Waller, they gain a 3rd only to use it on a wr that they didn't need while having to use a 2nd to find his replacement.

I can’t forget/ forgive that unless we’re stacking tons of wins. That whole draft I was like dam imagine having carr trade picks and carr is still getting paid from us while On another team. 5 mill could be used to bring defensive help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Do you honestly think Carr would of played last season on an expiring contract? He would of held out of camp. The no trade clause I wouldn’t have given him but we weren’t in negotiations 

JMD and DZ aren’t victims but we need to give them time to build a team. If I’m a homer fan then what are you? A hater fan! You have had it out for JMD and DZ since benching Carr

It was worth a shot to find out. If he holds out then you sign him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

The lack of trade compensation for Carr and trading Waller for a 3rd only to spend it on a slot WR and PR/KR who should have been at best a 5th round pick is inexcusable.  They way I see it in essence we got a late 5th for Waller.  

I’d be shocked if we get above a 5th round pick for Renfrow.  The FO already has laid the ground work for trading him when they kept mentioning his durability/injuries when asked about him.  Plus, Renfrow wins with his creativity and needs a degree of improvisation in his route.  The idea of that might make JMD’s head explode… because he thinks he’s got a perfect system and it’ll finally work if it’s executed just like he drew it up.

Imo they lucked into the perfect situation and could gut the team and get returns imagine 

carr = 1st and 2nd

waller = 2nd

hunter= 3rd

cle= 4th

that’s a great start to the new regime 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

What do you expect them to do, all players didn’t live up to their contract extensions? Keep them?! 

Carr and Waller flopped last season. Both on the wrong side of 30 and probably seen their best ball already

Carr was awful last season and quit on the team when he was benched. Waller was never bought in despite being the highest paid TE in the NFL. Didn’t wanna rehab his injury during the bye week at the facility which is an NFL rule. Spent majority of the season injured. Do you keep a TE with injury history who his the highest paid in the league and over 30? We had to get compensation for him 

We replaced Carr with a Super Bowl QB with one of the best win pct as a starter with a flexible contract. 

For Waller we signed a legitimate #2 WR, drafted a versatile TE and a high upside speed WR. Mayer brings a dynamic that Waller didn’t which is blocking. We still have a vets in Hooper and Howard as well 

I’m not saying they have been perfect but this witch hunt against JMD DZ is getting out of hand. Let them work to try to build a winner

They have 3 years and I need to see something 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lmao…. It’s BAD when a player of Adams  caliber whose a consummate professional says something like this.

The bootlicker fans will say “The FO isn’t here to make Adams happy, there here to win”.  But Adams has experienced winning teams for him to come out and say what he said it’s a bad sign for things to come.

Yep. We need to ship him off and get what we can in return. We're not competing w/ **** this year anyway so blow it up

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I can’t forget/ forgive that unless we’re stacking tons of wins. That whole draft I was like dam imagine having carr trade picks and carr is still getting paid from us while On another team. 5 mill could be used to bring defensive help

What about the money saved not paying him 45 mil geez you can't have it all.

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo they lucked into the perfect situation and could gut the team and get returns imagine 

carr = 1st and 2nd

waller = 2nd

hunter= 3rd

cle= 4th

Here is the problem if they traded them when they first got here then yeah they could have got that compensation, except for CLE nobody giving a 4th for him. But if they had did that everybody would be crying why. It's not there fault Waller, Renfrow got hurt didn't play much and lost their value. With Carr the no trade clause was the mistake it gave him all the leverage that's the one that really hurts.

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Here is the problem if they traded them when they first got here then yeah they could have got that compensation, except for CLE nobody giving a 4th for him. But if they had did that everybody would be crying why. It's not there fault Waller, Renfrow got hurt didn't play much and lost their value. With Carr the no trade clause was the mistake it gave him all the leverage that's the one that really hurts.

Bruh I been done with carr and waller 2-3 years ago hunter didn’t need a new deal either iirc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

carr = 1st and 2nd

waller = 2nd

hunter= 3rd

cle= 4th

Who's giving us a fourth for Cle?  Nobody.

27 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

What about the money saved not paying him 45 mil geez you can't have it all.

And look at how we spent it.  10 new WRs.

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Read that even trading hunter will leave us with dead cap for the next 2 years

Saw that too.  Wouldn't really help us at all if we cut him now.

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yep. We need to ship him off and get what we can in return. We're not competing w/ **** this year anyway so blow it up

Yeah I’ve been saying that for a while now.  We should have traded him prior to the draft.  

we have a QB with a weak arm some fans really think Adams is going to produce 100% of what he’s capable of when:

1) his route tree is limited to intermediate and short throws because JG can’t throw past 20 yards.  
2) this entire offense is Dink and dunk throws… at some point defenses aren’t scared of the deep ball and start playing tighter and more aggressively.  
double moves stop working when they’re no fear of being beat deep.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruh I been done with carr and waller 2-3 years ago hunter didn’t need a new deal either iirc

I really like Renfrow but that deal was bad.  We didn’t need to extend him at the time and we certainly didn’t need to pay him 17m per.  It’s was ridiculous from every angle.

21 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

They didn’t lose assets. All that is fantasy Madden stuff

Carr never waived his trade clause. We still got cap relief and another QB which that cash. 5 mil in dead cap that’s it

Waller cap relief turned into WR Meyers. Took Mayer in 2nd round along with Turner with pick #100. We don’t know how both rookies will turn out 

Oh yea I forgot about Meyers: Another wr we didn't need. That's fantasy madden stuff lol