Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Dear Jordan,

You are now the starting quarterback of our beloved Green Bay Packers.  There are some things that you need to know.

Some of us remember the dark years of miserable football.  Some of us remember the Glory years and all the championships.  Most of us remember the past 30 years of HOF quarterback play.  You are going to be playing not just in the shadow of Aaron Rodgers, but also Brett Favre and Bart Starr.

You've been trained for this very moment.  To date, you have done everything right.  You've kept your head down, mouth shut and continued to work on getting better.  Please keep doing just that.  Let your performance do the real talking for you.

Here's what you are going to get with this fanbase.  You are now the face of the franchise for the entire state.  It isn't just a Green Bay thing, it is an entire state of Wisconsin thing.  Packer fans are even in other states.  Some of your road games will actually feel a little like home games with these fans.  You will be very recognizable every where you go.  There is no hiding.  Embrace it.  Have fun with it.  And above all else?  Be yourself.  We admired Starr, on and off the field.  We got behind Brett as he just wouldn't give up, ever.  We stood behind Rodgers and grew to admire him for his skill.  Be yourself, kid, and you will be just fine.

Along the way on this ride, stay true to yourself.  Keep working.  Stay as humble as you can.  Always strive to be better.  Please be an outstanding member of the community.  Embrace this role.  

You've got the talent, Jordan.  We've seen it.   This is the NFL which stands for "Not For Long".  This is a results oriented business.  Oftentimes, money and down time kill NFL careers.  Work hard, the accolades and money will soon come.  Manage that wisely.  Ask for help when needed.

We are all behind you now.  You are the starting quarterback of the most storied franchise in NFL history.  Embrace it.  Love it.  Respect it.  Good luck, son, we are all rooting for you.

Yours truly,

Every GB Packer fan out there.  

• Like 5

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I've got nothing planned for tomorrow. I may just sit around in my Love jersey with no pants on and drink beer. If that's not Jordan Love appreciation, I don't know what is.

Thanks , just blew coffee out my nose . good way to start a day ! Can always use a good laugh .

16 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I've got nothing planned for tomorrow. I may just sit around in my Love jersey with no pants on and drink beer. If that's not Jordan Love appreciation, I don't know what is.

Beers have started flowing. Only a matter of time now. I would send proof but I'm sure that's not forum appropriate...

22 minutes ago, R T said:

I guess no one wants to be the one to bring up a J Geils Band song. Lol

If this isn't the song blaring from the Soldier Field speakers as we take the field for our first offensive possession of the season I'll have even less respect for the Bears organization than I do now. 

• Like 5