Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I don't whats more annoying, being a total troll about it or trying to be rational. Either way, at least I know you'll flip when these pups become dogs and Love is leading us on a run, the others will just vanish.

How about he wins two games in a row before you go talking about any sort of run.

I’m not doing what @incognito_man thinks I’m doing.

If Jordan Love was doing what he’s doing in his first or second year on his first round contract, I couldn’t have been happier.

Love has shown enough in his short career to make you think he can win a Super Bowl on the right team. 

He’s not good enough to win a Super Bowl getting paid like a QB who could win a Super Bowl.

Next year he is going to be a LOT better. So much better literally nobody except for me will doubt him. That’s the way this works in the NFL. The problem is… That’s going to get him a big contract. That big contract is going to make him look the way he looks right now because that’s going to make his team the way this team looks right now.

If he looks like this on a team crippled by a bad cap situation… Do some deduction.

He’s Kirk Cousins. Perfectly capable of having a high end regular season career and regular season accolades without the it factor to do it four games in a row against three of the best NFC teams and the best AFC team.

Just now, MacReady said:

I’m not doing what @incognito_man thinks I’m doing.

If Jordan Love was doing what he’s doing in his first or second year on his first round contract, I couldn’t have been happier.

Love has shown enough in his short career to make you think he can win a Super Bowl on the right team. 

He’s not good enough to win a Super Bowl getting paid like a QB who could win a Super Bowl.

Next year he is going to be a LOT better. So much better literally nobody except for me will doubt him. That’s the way this works in the NFL. The problem is… That’s going to get him a big contract. That big contract is going to make him look the way he looks right now because that’s going to make his team the way this team looks right now.

If he looks like this on a team crippled by a bad cap situation… Do some deduction.

He’s Kirk Cousins. Perfectly capable of having a high end regular season career and regular season accolades without the it factor to do it four games in a row against three of the best NFC teams and the best AFC team.

your cap take is outdated by almost 20 years

it's just not how things work anymore. In theory, you're right. In practice, the cap doesn't matter at all for stretches of years

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

your cap take is outdated by almost 20 years

it's just not how things work anymore. In theory, you're right. In practice, the cap doesn't matter at all for stretches of years

That might be true if we weren’t the Packers.

The Packers will never make an all-in move.

For three straight years the Packers were an all-in move away from winning a Super Bowl. For three straight years they prioritized the future.

Their best shot was the year… Jordan Love was drafted.

Just when Love is ready for an all-in move, the Packers will draft his replacement three years too early.

And it’s still not outdated. You can:

1. Respect the cap (every team to win a Super Bowl with the exception of two teams.

2. Have Patrick Mahomes (Love will never be Mahomes and literally nobody better think otherwise).

3. Be the Rams and leverage your future so hard you will not see another chance for ten years. The Rams won their final three postseason games by 3 points each game. Imagine doing what the Rams did only to have lost by some fluke fumble, muffed punt, boneheaded penalty…

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do people continue to quote the people who are obviously trolling  or at the very best are being unreasonable?? 

It's in our nature as fans to try and convince people, when truly we shouldn't give a crap what someone else on a message board thinks about it.  If they are fans and they want to be miserable all the time then that's there choice .. I don't have the energy to try and convince them otherwise these days.  I'll do my best to ignore them, although it is difficult at times.

• Like 1

Some progress today in my opinion. His long throws were better.  Less loft more drive.  Thats good. Make the receivers go get it.

On the long incompletion to Doubs, I actually thought Doubs hesitation move was good, but I wanted to see him cut inside the cornerback to hold the red line and open the field more for Love's throw.  If he would have done that, we might have had a completion there for a touchdown.

Lesson to be learned from this game for Love should be don't throw it behind the receiver in the end zone...miss long so it can't be batted in the air. Its your guy or no one. He did something similar several weeks ago (also to Watson in the end zone) and it ended up in a pick there too.

Would have liked to have seen more angles on that last play that was intercepted, but CBS cut away from the game so fast there was no replay. I don't mind an interception there...got to throw that ball in there.  A back up would have tried to run it to the end zone and come up short.

Unless something really changes for the worse, Love is going to get another year to show improvement (same with these receivers and tight ends). We really need a bona-fide #1 wide receiver on this team. So far, Watson just is not it.  Maybe that changes over time. He is young and really raw.

On to the next game.

Edited by minnypackerfan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Some progress today in my opinion. His long throws were better.  Less loft more drive.  Thats good. Make the receivers go get it.

On the long incompletion to Doubs, I actually thought Doubs hesitation move was good, but I wanted to see him cut inside the cornerback to hold the red line and open the field more for Love's throw.  If he would have done that, we might have had a completion there for a touchdown.

Lesson to be learned from this game for Love should be don't throw it behind the receiver in the end zone...miss long so it can't be batted in the air. Its your guy or no one. He did something similar several weeks ago (also to Watson in the end zone) and it ended up in a pick there too.

Would have liked to have seen more angles on that last play that was intercepted, but CBS cut away from the game so fast there was no replay. I don't mind an interception there...got to throw that ball in there.  A back up would have tried to run it to the end zone and come up short.

Unless something really changes for the worse, Love is going to get another year to show improvement (same with these receivers and tight ends). We really need a bona-fide #1 wide receiver on this team. So far, Watson just is not it.  Maybe that changes over time. He is young and really raw.

On to the next game.

I just want to see him fight for the damn ball. For once. 

46 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's in our nature as fans to try and convince people, when truly we shouldn't give a crap what someone else on a message board thinks about it.  If they are fans and they want to be miserable all the time then that's there choice .. I don't have the energy to try and convince them otherwise these days.  I'll do my best to ignore them, although it is difficult at times.

That’s a good answer. There are times when they say something incredibly stupid and I want to respond. They just hijack every thread and it’s annoying AF

We might as well run with Love for the foreseeable future until we are in a position to draft a QB that will make a difference. There’s no use taking a QB just to take one. I’d rather build up the rest of the team. Outside of Brady and Mahomes it seems like most SB winners lately had really good overall teams and QB good enough. As long as he is showing signs of improvement the rest of the year I’d roll with him next year and take the best OL in our position, try to get a WR via trade, FA or 2nd round.

• Like 1