Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Just throwing this out there… But the guy you’re all complaining about was my biggest critic when I was on my anti-Rodgers kick the past six years and a good number of you agreed with him then.

That's because he owns an anatomically correct, life-sized AR blow up doll - so your criticisms didnt sit well.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

That’s absolutely ludicrous lol.  

So when he calls Rodgers in this scenario, is Gute supposed to submit and change his mind about drafting Love after Rodgers is livid about it?  And then Gute just has to deal with whatever public tantrum Rodgers throws afterwards?  Bcuz he would and he did on Draft Day a few years ago.  

Gute didn’t owe him a phone call.  If Rodgers wanted to be that involved in what the team was doing, he would’ve showed up during the summer to build chemistry with his younger teammates esp his receivers. 

I said it would have been "nice" to tell him....I did not say he "owed" him...there is a difference.

18 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I said it would have been "nice" to tell him....I did not say he "owed" him...there is a difference.

Sure, it might have been “nice” but that level of player involvement in signings, etc is more akin to the NBA with smaller rosters. And the GM involving superstars who are on top of their game (Kobe, Lebron, etc).  Rodgers may have been the former but certainly was not the latter at that point. Regardless, no NFL GM in his right mind is doing this. 

Edited by thrILL!

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

This narrative that Gute could/should have called Rodgers prior to the Love pick is one of the strangest hot takes to come out of the whole Rodgers saga.  It's absurd. 

There's not even a little part of me that understands how that would even be a consideration. I simply can't understand why people would think that should be a thing.

Just now, thrILL! said:

Sure, it might have been “nice” but that level of player involvement in signings, etc is more akin to the NBA with smaller rosters. And the GM involving superstars who are on top of their game.  Rodgers may have been the corner but certainly not the latter at that point. Regardless, no NFL GM in his right mind is doing this. 

Ill say it again, Rodgers made everyone better - from management to coaches to players. He knew it and Gute knew it, one was going to win out. If he were still on the Packers this team could quite possibly be undefeated. The team doesn't lack talent, the team lacks leadership.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Ill say it again, Rodgers made everyone better - from management to coaches to players. He knew it and Gute knew it, one was going to win out. If he were still on the Packers this team could quite possibly be undefeated. The team doesn't lack talent, the team lacks leadership.

that anatomically correct doll had a production run of least two

• Like 3