Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Be lucky to be on the roster by February.

Cherry picking at its finest. He leads the league in interceptions and has the lowest completion percentage in the league. He's thrown 8 tds to 10 picks over the last 7 games and barely has an 80 passer rating on the season. Everyone wants to complain about the defense but we've given up only 17 points over the last 5 games and we haven't scored more then 20 points since week 2. The guy is getting outplayed by Gardner Minshew and Josh Dobbs yet you are bragging about him.

16 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

As I said 6 months ago, it's going to get to a point where the Packer lose by 14 points and everyone is talking about a throw Love had in the second quarter.

Well, here we are.

They've got nothing but pure hopium to cling onto at this point.

2 minutes ago, StatKing said:

They've got nothing but pure hopium to cling onto at this point.

I dont look at it as us vs them.  I really hope he does well, and root for him, but you really have to go back 5 years for any signs of success for him.  

Led the NCAA in interceptions his final year.

Led the NFL in preseason interceptions in 2022

Currently leads the NFL in interceptions this year.

That's your future franchise QB?????

Hello????  Anybody home????

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Be lucky to be on the roster by February.

I just saw this too. Let’s keep this progress rolling. 

I hate to say the latter part of this but love and the young bucks progressing, some more losses, and Barry getting fired may be the best interest of the team long term. 

• Like 4

Just now, NFLGURU said:

I dont look at it as us vs them.  I really hope he does well, and root for him, but you really have to go back 5 years for any signs of success for him.  

Led the NCAA in interceptions his final year.

Led the NFL in preseason interceptions in 2022

Currently leads the NFL in interceptions this year.

That's your future franchise QB?????

Hello????  Anybody home????

He's bottom third in nearly every stat besides TD passes. He's thrown 4 game losing interceptions and hasn't been able to lead the team to over 20 points in two months. They've been moving the ball better between the 20s the last two weeks but whenever they get to the red zone he can't make tight window throws and you cant count on him to keep the ball safe . The guy is barely hanging on to his job and people are praising him.

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I just saw this too. Let’s keep this progress rolling. 

I hate to say the latter part of this but love and the young bucks progressing, some more losses, and Barry getting fired may be the best interest of the team long term. 

How are people blaming Barry? We are top 5 against the pass and ranked 11th in ppg. The offense being bottom third of the league is why we aren't winning games.

5 hours ago, StatKing said:

They were atleast trending up towards the end of the year. They strung a couple of wins together and they were competitive. This team is absolutely hapless.

Here is where your agenda steps through honest football talk.  The last two games of Jordan Love looked a whole lot better than he did in the four game losing streak.  The team was hapless from the end of the Saints game until the Rams game.  We haven't run a gauntlet of opponents either, so it isn't like Love is feasting on softer competition.  

I am far from an excuse maker for how Jordan Love has played this season.  But you have to be honest in your evaluations or they are about as valuable as used toilet paper.  He hasn't looked great, or amazing, but if you won't admit a progress from Broncos game Love to Steelers game Love, you are never going to give him a fair shake.  

It is okay to like both Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love.  I do.

• Like 3

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Here is where your agenda steps through honest football talk.  The last two games of Jordan Love looked a whole lot better than he did in the four game losing streak.  The team was hapless from the end of the Saints game until the Rams game.  We haven't run a gauntlet of opponents either, so it isn't like Love is feasting on softer competition.  

I am far from an excuse maker for how Jordan Love has played this season.  But you have to be honest in your evaluations or they are about as valuable as used toilet paper.  He hasn't looked great, or amazing, but if you won't admit a progress from Broncos game Love to Steelers game Love, you are never going to give him a fair shake.  

It is okay to like both Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love.  I do.

I'm not going to give him credit for throwing game losing interceptions week in week out.

People get too emotionally involved in the investment for Jordan Love, (first round pick, 3 years spent developing him).

What they don't realize is how easily it would be to replace what he's producing.  I'm all for giving Love the rest of the year, but he's not putting up numbers that are impressive by any stretch.  You need a gamechanging QB, he's not it.

• Like 1

Just now, StatKing said:

I'm not going to give him credit for throwing game losing interceptions week in week out.

Those plays are not praise worthy, I am in 100% agreement.  I am saying that if we got Rams and Steelers game Jordan Love all season, that is at least something to work with.  Since those are the last two games that we have to look at, it appears that he is trending in a positive direction.  Will he continue to improve? Is this the best Jordan Love? We don't know yet.  Let it play out.  

It seems that like 90% of people here have come to their conclusion, and are pulling at anything they can to support said conclusion.  We aren't going to see a change this season anyway, let's gather all the information that we can.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Those plays are not praise worthy, I am in 100% agreement.  I am saying that if we got Rams and Steelers game Jordan Love all season, that is at least something to work with.  Since those are the last two games that we have to look at, it appears that he is trending in a positive direction.  Will he continue to improve? Is this the best Jordan Love? We don't know yet.  Let it play out.  

It seems that like 90% of people here have come to their conclusion, and are pulling at anything they can to support said conclusion.  We aren't going to see a change this season anyway, let's gather all the information that we can.  

Agree, let him play it out.   I hope he lights up the scoreboard.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I hope he's right.   I am not seeing it with Love at this point.  I'm still looking for the big play at the turning point of the game.  The plays winners make while those destined for less come up short.   So far, he comes up short at the key moment.

Love is just so inaccurate that even the big plays are less than optimal.   A lot of the passes that wind up completions are not in locations that allow the receivers to get decent RAC yardage.    They are making big time adjustments just to get a completion.   Couple this with his low completion percentage and it leaves a lot of plays on the table.

If he's on the move the accuracy declines much further as well.   When they get in the red zone and space gets limited it becomes tough to complete passes.

The Packers need to scrap the fade from the playbook, especially to Watson.  It is a low percentage play to begin with and Watson simply doesn't have the ball skills to win the contested catches.

Just now, hitnhope said:

I hope he's right.   I am not seeing it with Love at this point.  I'm still looking for the big play at the turning point of the game.  The plays winners make while those destined for less come up short.   So far, he comes up short at the key moment.

Love is just so inaccurate that even the big plays are less than optimal.   A lot of the passes that wind up completions are not in locations that allow the receivers to get decent RAC yardage.    They are making big time adjustments just to get a completion.   Couple this with his low completion percentage and it leaves a lot of plays on the table.

If he's on the move the accuracy declines much further as well.   When they get in the red zone and space gets limited it becomes tough to complete passes.

The Packers need to scrap the fade from the playbook, especially to Watson.  It is a low percentage play to begin with and Watson simply doesn't have the ball skills to win the contested catches.

I mean, if it werent for a blocked PAT, then you saw him drive down the field for a game tying field goal and again for the go ahead. 

The red zone offense definitely has to improve, that was a huge issue last year as well even with 12. 

• Like 1