Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

46 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

He didn’t ask for a trade because of Rodgers. He was committed to getting out because of Gute’s decision making. 

We have to offer 8% more overall to equal a teams offer that operates without the state income/jock taxes. Then you’re in Wisconsin. Is it even a close offer?

Oh gotcha. 

Am I the only one who dosen't really care that Adams left or the reason why? Loved the player but we got a 1st, 2nd, and cap space for someone who wasn't going to play much longer for us ( or maybe even other teams with as he's pusing 30) anyway. We went for it with Rodgers, Adams, Z, Amos, Preston, etc and failed. It was time for a neccesary evil in a rebuild after that and got the draft picks and cap space for Adams and Rodgers. It's time to move on and look toward the future.

• Like 4

Adams had more catches and yard then our #1 and #2 WR combined, and that's with Aiden O Connell and noodle arm Jimmy G as his QBs. Getting rid of a HoF WR in his prime when you have no depth behind him whatsoever and a first year starting QB on the horizon was not a good move.

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Am I the only one who dosen't really care that Adams left or the reason why? Loved the player but we got a 1st, 2nd, and cap space for someone who wasn't going to play much longer for us ( or maybe even other teams with as he's pusing 30) anyway. We went for it with Rodgers, Adams, Z, Amos, Preston, etc and failed. It was time for a neccesary evil in a rebuild after that and got the draft picks and cap space for Adams and Rodgers. It's time to move on and look toward the future.

We should have gotten multiple firsts for him. Raiders straight up stole him from us. The likelihood of any draft pick turning into that level of player is extremely low.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

We went for it with Rodgers, Adams, Z, Amos, Preston, etc and failed. It was time for a neccesary evil in a rebuild after that and got the draft picks and cap space for Adams and Rodgers. It's time to move on and look toward the future.

This ^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Adams had more catches and yard then our #1 and #2 WR combined, and that's with Aiden O Connell and noodle arm Jimmy G as his QBs. Getting rid of a HoF WR in his prime when you have no depth behind him whatsoever and a first year starting QB on the horizon was not a good move.

He may be good for awhile longer, but he certianly spent most of his prime in GB. I'm also not certian he's NFL HOF. Perhaps with GB and Rodgers for longer, but the LV move could impact that.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

He may be good for awhile longer, but he certianly spent most of his prime in GB.

His game is going to age better then you think. He's never been reliant on speed. As long as he doesn't blow out his knee he will be productive well into his mid 30s. We could have gotten 5 years of elite play out of him atleast.

13 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Why are people acting like Adams had a say in the matter? We could have franchised him twice if we wanted too, by no means did we have to trade him, this isn't the NBA. Trading a HoF WR for what essentially amounts to a pick swap and a first round pick was a bad move. Holdouts don't work in this league, if we really wanted to keep him we could have. They just didn't want to pay him.

Nope. Don’t. This is stupid. What I’m saying is very different.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This. He made it very very very clear he wanted to play on the west coast and with his best friend. That we got that draft capital return for him is just...chef's kiss...roster management by Gute

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

This. He made it very very very clear he wanted to play on the west coast and with his best friend. That we got that draft capital return for him is just...chef's kiss...roster management by Gute

I don't even really care about if he wanted out or not. His age, potential cash commitment, and the state of the team made it a no brainer to take that deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Nope. Don’t. This is stupid. What I’m saying is very different.

Getting rid of elite talent when you have the ability to retain them is stupid in my opinion. We didn't get nearly the compensation we should have. The floor should have been two first round picks.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did Gute procreate with Adams?

Is Adams lying when he said his main goal was to get closer to home so he could raise his daughter around his family? That it was a dream for him to have his family attend all of his games?

Was he lying about dreaming about wanting to play with Carr?

If Adams wanted to stay in GB, they would've got there financially, just like literally every Pro Bowl level player that GB was interested in keeping. Adams wanted to be back on the West Coast.

All of those things are true.

They all stem from Adams feeling undervalued to the degree he committed himself to figuring out how to make all of those things happen. Obviously he loved GB enough to sign a 4 year deal. But I think carrying Kizer and becoming NFLWR1, watching guys we’d all take Adams over get better deals, he wanted more money.

Gute had two options: Pay him, which was difficult because we didn’t have space and he was only two years in to a 4 year record setting contract. Or what he did—overall, nothing. Now I agree with having done nothing. TT would’ve done nothing. If it’s not an all pro on a rookie contract or a QB, you don’t renegotiate contracts with multiple years remaining. But Adams had decided at that offseason he wasn’t dealing with the Green Bay Packers. He would play out the contract. Thanks to the franchise tag, he didn’t go quietly for us.

Gutes trades have been good. He’s not letting value walk out the door.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hmmm.....do I need to read your entire manifesto in order to put this into context?  :)

Am I making the football season better or worse for the reader at this point? I can’t tell if what I’m posting comes off as 100% troll or intelligent thought. Either way I award myself no points, and may god have mercy on my soul.