Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

2 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Am I making the football season better or worse for the reader at this point? I can’t tell if what I’m posting comes off as 100% troll or intelligent thought. Either way I award myself no points, and may god have mercy on my soul.

I'm just busting on ya.

47 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Why are people acting like Adams had a say in the matter? We could have franchised him twice if we wanted too, by no means did we have to trade him, this isn't the NBA. Trading a HoF WR for what essentially amounts to a pick swap and a first round pick was a bad move. Holdouts don't work in this league, if we really wanted to keep him we could have. They just didn't want to pay him.

Oh that would have been great .. insert eyeroll.  Hold outs don't work and franchising anyone once let alone twice does absolutely nothing for team chemistry.  Thus ... he wanted out, Gb didn't want to pay, he got paid, his team now sucks, Gb will be out of salary cap hell sooner plus they got a pick swap and a 1st rounder besides.  All is good, life goes on and nobody really gives a crap about this as you do.

Is there a WR out there that has played on two consecutive franchise tags?

I mean, it's easy to say out loud.  But the reality is that doesn't happen.  Or am I forgetting someone?

Retaining a player who doesn't want to be here with two franchise tags seems like a great way to force a hold out and increase the odds that the return via a trade is very low.  

8 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

We were making excuses for Jordan Love and putting heat on le Gute.

Is there no longer a "Gute Sucks" thread?

Cuz that's were I'd put this one.  And it isn't really an Adams thing.  We know he wanted out and we know why.  There is no speculating about that.  The issue is not having anyone ready to go behind him.  

And?  We've rehashed that a hundred times, too.  Savage pick could have been a WR.  Everyone missed on McLaughlin....etc.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Is there a WR out there that has played on two consecutive franchise tags?

I mean, it's easy to say out loud.  But the reality is that doesn't happen.  Or am I forgetting someone?

Retaining a player who doesn't want to be here with two franchise tags seems like a great way to force a hold out and increase the odds that the return via a trade is very low.  

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cant. I was all for playing hard ball until he took the contract we gave him. We had all the leverage. He wasn't going to sit out of games in the middle of his prime, the amount he could have helped our young WRs and young QB can't be understated.

16 hours ago, StatKing said:

Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cant. I was all for playing hard ball until he took the contract we gave him. We had all the leverage. He wasn't going to sit out of games in the middle of his prime, the amount he could have helped our young WRs and young QB can't be understated.

So, you don't have one single example.

That should tell you what an awful, team destroying decision it would have been to franchise him twice.

Now...how many times have WR's been franchise/tagged then traded?  Guessing there are many examples of that happening, besides 'Vante.

For all the takes of yours that I somewhat agree with, and there are plenty of those examples to me, this is not one of them.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So, you don't have one single example.

That should tell you what an awful, team destroying decision it would have been to franchise him twice.

Now...how many times have WR's been franchise/tagged then traded?  Guessing there are many examples of that happening, besides 'Vante.

For all the takes of yours that I somewhat agree with, and there are plenty of those examples to me, this is not one of them.

We were in a unique situation. We had a young QB on the horizon and absolutely no depth behind him at WR. Now we are in a situation where our offense is nothing but question marks, if we would have retained Davante that's atleast a piece you can build an offense around. Everyone is high on our young WRs, and I am to an extent, but it's very likely atleast two of the four won't be on the roster a couple years from now.

53 minutes ago, StatKing said:

We were in a unique situation. We had a young QB on the horizon and absolutely no depth behind him at WR. Now we are in a situation where our offense is nothing but question marks, if we would have retained Davante that's atleast a piece you can build an offense around. Everyone is high on our young WRs, and I am to an extent, but it's very likely atleast two of the four won't be on the roster a couple years from now.

Having a player wanting to leave your team for whatever reason is not new.  It is not unique.  

The more you post about this, the more you are reaching at straws.

I believe I've agreed with you, and others, that the main failure on Gute is the lack of WR development after 'Vante.  I know there are reasons why, but it happened.  I can ding him for that.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:27 AM, ChaRisMa said:

Sir, Gute is the reason Adams left. He felt he vastly outperformed his contract after the first two of four seasons and asked for a raise. Gute didn’t give him an awesome offer, he took it like a Californian and began plotting to get out, ultimately in to Vegas with no state income tax. It’s been about the money all along for him.

Sounds like pure speculation to me. I remember that there were other reasons reported. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Sounds like pure speculation to me. I remember that there were other reasons reported. 

imho Gute did everything to keep him, Tae bought a house in Vegas 3 months before we traded him, I bet he planned to leave as soon as the 2021 season ended, possibly even would have held out and forced a trade if we franchised him.

the fail was not planning ahead for his departure, thats imo where Guty messed up, heck he messed up in his first draft taking the raw mid rounders, the team needed a compliment to Adams, not 3 very raw recruits,  2 never did amount to anything and MVS never caught more then 50% of targeted throws, and thats if he arrived when the ball did at the pitch point, if the goal was to go all in for a owl, he forgot the WR position.

First off no matter what, I happily trade Adams every time. Don't give WR, CB, or RB third contracts, ever.

The problem behind him was 2 fold. One, it's hard to place a high value on rookie WR late in Rodgers career because he was so picky about not throwing to guys he didn't 100% trust. Two, Rodgers absolutely had to have "his guys" Cobb and Lazard. That makes it harder to spare both roster spots and reps for developing young guys.