Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

6 hours ago, spilltray said:

First off no matter what, I happily trade Adams every time. Don't give WR, CB, or RB third contracts, ever.

The problem behind him was 2 fold. One, it's hard to place a high value on rookie WR late in Rodgers career because he was so picky about not throwing to guys he didn't 100% trust. Two, Rodgers absolutely had to have "his guys" Cobb and Lazard. That makes it harder to spare both roster spots and reps for developing young guys.

the only reason he wanted Cobb or Lazard was chemistry and they had experience, Rodgers would have absolutely been happier with better talent, the problem was Guty, even Ted over looked that need in order to build this juggernaut defense😎

22 minutes ago, turf toe said:

the only reason he wanted Cobb or Lazard was chemistry and they had experience, Rodgers would have absolutely been happier with better talent, the problem was Guty, even Ted over looked that need in order to build this juggernaut defense😎

Are we sure about that?  Jets could have pursued better talent at WR, but ended up with Lazard and Cobb

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spilltray said:

The Jets already HAD better talent at WR and got rid of some guys who could have arguably been better.

Who did they get rid of? Mims was traded and then immediately cut by the Lions. Now he's on Pittsburgh's practice squad. He clearly was not 'better.'

Corey Davis retired. 

14 hours ago, squire12 said:

Are we sure about that?  Jets could have pursued better talent at WR, but ended up with Lazard and Cobb

again I think he wanted them because he had experience with them, Lazard could end up as his #2, Cobb imo is a teacher, and can help other get chemistry quick with Rodgers, I havn't followed the Jets concerning there receiver room, other then to know Garret Wilson is there best WR, anyway to think Rodger wouldn't want higher tier talent just doesn't make any sense to me.

Solid progress game for Love. Best statistical game this season and made several nice plays. The miss to Musgrave was the one major scar on the performance, but he came through on the next drive. 

My biggest hope for Love is that he takes a very serious deep dive this off-season into his mechanics/feet and fixes some issues there for 2024. 

Him and the offense in general have looked better the past few weeks, which was what you hoped to see with this young group as they get more games under their belt together.

9 games in and the evaluation still is the same for me right now. I'm confident that Love isn't a truly bad QB, but I'm still not sure he's gonna become a great one due to the accuracy issues. It's what keeps holding him back into that average tier for me.

• Like 1

He keeps boosting that completion percentage and YPA. He’s inching up towards Look Out territory.

He was at 8.05 YPA today and 67.5%

Last week he passed the 6.5 YPA threshold on the season.

If he gets up close to 63% and 7.2 YPA on the season as a whole I will be a believer.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MacReady said:

He keeps boosting that completion percentage and YPA. He’s inching up towards Look Out territory.

He was at 8.05 YPA today and 67.5%

Last week he passed the 6.5 YPA threshold on the season.

If he gets up close to 63% and 7.2 YPA on the season as a whole I will be a believer.

I just need him to scrap this Russ Wilson like crap with his deep ball where he's trying to loft it. You got an arm! Rip that downfield.

• Like 1