Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Perspective! 

Also, Rodgers took over a roster that was one terrible Brett Favre throw away from a Super Bowl. Love took over a team that was 8-9. 

It would be interesting to compare schedules as well. Not sure about 2008, but the schedule so far in 2023 has to be one of the easiest overall I can remember in recent years. Sunday was our most impressive win by far, and first against a team with a real QB who played all 4 quarters. 

Since we are still allowed to discuss Jordan Love....

I'm still not "sold".  But, he looked very good yesterday.  

Man, I loved watching him throw with anticipation.  Couple balls I saw were ripped before the receiver completed the route.  I absolutely love that.  That's just some fun football when that stuff is happening.

He made enough plays with his feet.  Still wish he'd scramble for some yards here and there.

MLF gave him some quick easy ones, and he took them and made them look routine, as well they should be.

Now, to be fair, his deep ball to Doubs was about as poor a throw as I've seen an NFL QB make.  So far, the vertical route is his kryptonite.  

It wasn't very deep, but he flat out blew that vertical route to Musgrave.  Musgrave would still be running and that wasn't a tough throw at all.

The thing I really liked yesterday was watching the receivers help him out.  The RAC (Wicks) was great to see.  Doubs just snatching the ball out of the air in the end zone was great.  Those WR's are fighting big time for him.

So for as far as this season goes....I feel like we are getting better on offense a little earlier than I thought we would.  

I hope we can keep it up.  If so, let's grab a LT, solidify that secondary and get really serious about contending again.

• Like 2

I'm encouraged with what we are seeing. The first part of the season was frustrating but the theme this year is improvement. The offense as a whole has been taking steps forward. Recognition is happening between the receivers and Love. There are still mistakes and things to work on, but the improvement is enough to want to keep working on. I would hope Love devotes the offseason to mechanics consistency and footwork. I don't actually think "accuracy" is the problem. Him being a bit frantic and not set in his mechanics is leading to the inaccurate throws. If the recognition keeps improving and the consistency tightens down, Love will be good.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Man, I loved watching him throw with anticipation.  Couple balls I saw were ripped before the receiver completed the route.  I absolutely love that.  That's just some fun football when that stuff is happening.

He made enough plays with his feet.  Still wish he'd scramble for some yards here and there.

MLF gave him some quick easy ones, and he took them and made them look routine, as well they should be.

Now, to be fair, his deep ball to Doubs was about as poor a throw as I've seen an NFL QB make.  So far, the vertical route is his kryptonite.  

It wasn't very deep, but he flat out blew that vertical route to Musgrave.  Musgrave would still be running and that wasn't a tough throw at all.

The thing I really liked yesterday was watching the receivers help him out.  The RAC (Wicks) was great to see.  Doubs just snatching the ball out of the air in the end zone was great.  Those WR's are fighting big time for him.

So for as far as this season goes....I feel like we are getting better on offense a little earlier than I thought we would.  

I hope we can keep it up.  If so, let's grab a LT, solidify that secondary and get really serious about contending again.

No one needs to be "sold yet" but there has been some very encouraging signs in the first games and now the last few. He's doing it with young guys catching too and a unreliable O-line. Completion percentage, INTs, and deep ball need to improve. Those things for him will never be anywhere near his predecessor's level but Love could be really really good if he makes progress in those areas. The one thing I have noticed most of the youtube film guys like the Qb school, Kurt Warner, etc say about him is that a lot of is linked to his footwork. Hopefully Clements can help that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Yep .. that is about where I am with him too.  No quite sold on him yet, but can't see any reason as to why he won't get a hell of a lot better in time.  He's got a lot to improve upon, but I think he's a hard worker and will get better and better.  In the meantime he needs to start hitting on basically every layup.  It was nice to see all five of our main targets produce as well .. this group might be rounding into something pretty good.  Agreed .. they need to revamp the Oline.  Runyan is bad, and LT needs to be addressed.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'm still not "sold".  ....  Still wish he'd scramble for some yards here and there.

...Now, to be fair, his deep ball to Doubs was about as poor a throw as I've seen an NFL QB make.  So far, the vertical route is his kryptonite.  

The thing I really liked yesterday was watching the receivers help him out.  The RAC (Wicks) was great to see.  Doubs just snatching the ball out of the air in the end zone was great.  Those WR's are fighting big time for him....

The Doubs TD catch was really nice.  Aggressive, decisive strong-hands grab.  We've seen the Packers NOT grab many of those contested ones.  That was fun.   Obviously not an excellent throw.  

Yeah, that Musgrave one, that was such an opportunity wasted.  Really poor.  

Fun to have a 300-yard game, though.  And fun to have a lot of receivers open.  

Edited by craig
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, craig said:

The Doubs TD catch was really nice.  Aggressive, decisive strong-hands grab.  We've seen the Packers NOT grab many of those contested ones.  That was fun.   Obviously not an excellent throw.  

58 minutes ago, craig said:

Helps when you are at home, going against the 31'st team on defense against the pass.  At least I thought I saw that statistic concerning the Chargers.

49 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Helps when you are at home, going against the 31'st team on defense against the pass.  At least I thought I saw that statistic concerning the Chargers.

Yup.  Their coverage seemed to make it easy to get open, and explained why their pass-D stats are so rotten.