Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

Something I'd like to see more of is Love being more active with his legs like you see from Mahomes tonight. Mahomes is the king of all passers right now but he still doesn't hesitate to take off. Sometimes it feels like Love wants to hold onto it and scan the field one more time when he should just go. 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Something I'd like to see more of is Love being more active with his legs like you see from Mahomes tonight. Mahomes is the king of all passers right now but he still doesn't hesitate to take off. Sometimes it feels like Love wants to hold onto it and scan the field one more time when he should just go. 

It seems like coaches have really told him not to rely too heavily on his legs and he's overdoing it.  

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Do these even count though? Since the guys catching them weren’t drafted in the first round? All second round  and after. Green Bay is wasting lives prime already.

If you would have told me that Christian Watson would be 4th in big plays, I would have told you that I thought he missed half the season.

18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Mahomes and Rodgers are MVP guys, but both are/were good at throwing on the run.  Favre too.  Love made a really good throw on the move Sunday, but I'm not sure I've seen him make lots of accurate throws while on the run.  Rodgers, especially in younger days, was really good at kinda running away from pressure and getting outside the pocket, but still looking and being able to make some good throws.  To some degree I think that helped his run, too:  defenders were hesitant to charge up because the minute they ran up to stop him, he might just throw to somebody coming open behind them. I recall Bulaga saying that Rodgers sometimes told him to block in such a way so that he could just roll right.  Not sure I've seen many designed rollouts with Love?  Favre also thrived on those.  Obviously Mahomes, Rodgers, and Favre are all HOF guys, so being disappointed that Love doesn't do what they did (yet) isn't fair.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Do these even count though? Since the guys catching them weren’t drafted in the first round? All second round  and after. Green Bay is wasting lives prime already.

I wonder if that’s air yards only or just 30 yard completions. I believe they said last week that we were one of the worst in YAC which would make that stat even more impressive if it was just 30 yard completions