Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Third throw is the one I was referring to above. Just makes it look simple but it was far from it.

0:17 the sidearm to Heath is straight butter

also, Tom dominating Hutchinson in these clips is the cherry on top

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Lookit, Love has looked great the past 3 weeks. He’s legitimately turning into everything we hoped he’d be. But this has got to stop. This trend has got to stop.

Stop comparing him to Rodgers.

Stop comparing him to any QB from ten years ago.

It’s a different league. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

Lookit, Love has looked great the past 3 weeks. He’s legitimately turning into everything we hoped he’d be. But this has got to stop. This trend has got to stop.

It’s a different league. 

Relax...relax. The comparison's only being made cause AR was our QB just last year.
it's a single point of reference. Not something all encompassing.

Love's showing the progress we've been hoping to see. Good.

Lets hope it sustains and continues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

It's an incorrect opinion, actually 

Quit being dense.

If you want to say he flashed, I won’t fight you. You can look back even when I was not convinced and I acknowledged he flashed plenty even when I was my hardest on him.

At the same time, after the Bears game, he had BAD misses on wide open players, he took boneheaded sacks. And he had (can’t remember) three straight game ending interceptions? One of them he threw two game ending interceptions in the same game.

Say, “I saw his potential through his crap,” and nobody will take anything away from you. I’m sure you and others are very content with your faith through uncertainty, but to sit there and act like he wasn’t looking overall bad is just disingenuous at best.

He had a lot of crap in him from the Bears game on, and if you can’t acknowledge that, you’re worse than I am.

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

It’s a different league. 

He is going to be compared to Aaron Rodgers for his entire career. Much like Rodgers was compared to Favre his entire career, at least until he broke his records. 

It is what it is and will always be. 

Jordan Love has finally eclipsed the 60% completion metric on the season and is officially at the 7.0 Yards Per Attempt metric.

While everyone is super excited about Love, I can't get over this receiving corps.

Reed is now at 497 yards, 5 touchdowns and 36 receptions.

And he doesn't have a case of the dropsies. This isn't a high volume thing like Jennings' first year (Jennings was targeted over 100 times for only 45 receptions.

To anyone who says we need to invest in a weapon for Love, you forget that he's going to get paid to do more with less.

The Chiefs do it, the Patriots did it for 6 Super Bowl wins...

He's got Reed for 3 more years, Watson for 2 more years and Doubs for 2 more years. Musgrave/Kraft for three more years.

In short, he's loaded.

10 hours ago, MacReady said:

Quit being dense.

If you want to say he flashed, I won’t fight you. You can look back even when I was not convinced and I acknowledged he flashed plenty even when I was my hardest on him.

At the same time, after the Bears game, he had BAD misses on wide open players, he took boneheaded sacks. And he had (can’t remember) three straight game ending interceptions? One of them he threw two game ending interceptions in the same game.

Say, “I saw his potential through his crap,” and nobody will take anything away from you. I’m sure you and others are very content with your faith through uncertainty, but to sit there and act like he wasn’t looking overall bad is just disingenuous at best.

He had a lot of crap in him from the Bears game on, and if you can’t acknowledge that, you’re worse than I am.

Lol you're the one being dense here...

Bad stats =/= bad play

He's not playing any differently now than he was in week 1 or 2. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lol you're the one being dense here...

Bad stats =/= bad play

He's not playing any differently now than he was in week 1 or 2. 

Interceptions are bad stats and bad play and if you’re going to sit there and tell me he played well against the Raiders, Vikings, Saints or the first Lions games, you’re not half as smart as you think you are.

He played poorly in those four games. Very poorly.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Interceptions are bad stats and bad play and if you’re going to sit there and tell me he played well against the Raiders, Vikings, Saints or the first Lions games, you’re not half as smart as you think you are.

He played poorly in those four games. Very poorly.

The team played poorly. 

Context matters.

• Like 3