Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The team played poorly. 

Context matters.

It’s this line of thinking that leads to the Bretts and Aarons and now Jordans.

It’s not accurate.

Andrew Luck had perhaps the worst everything and he never played to the level of his team.

You’ve just done for Love what the losers did for Rodgers for the past 7 years.

Love put on a good performance that he is capable of,  the long ball is still his achilles.  

I think the Thansgiving game really put some confidence in this entire team. Strangely, it was with a laundry list of missing players.   Getting young and hungry players (Owens. Kraft. Heath and others) looking to leave a mark  may have played a big part.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MacReady said:

It’s not accurate.

Andrew Luck had perhaps the worst everything and he never played to the level of his team.

Lol what

You couldn't possibly be more wrong even if you tried to be even harder than you already are

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Did Jordan Love play well against the Raiders, Saints, Lions, Vikings?

I don't remember his performances in those games, but I remember the entire offense playing poorly overall. Love has had misses here and there throughout the entire season and inconsistent footwork. 

Just like yesterday again.

His performances have been pretty consistent, but the offense around him has had MUCH greater variance. 

Like everyone keeps telling you: context matters 

Just now, incognito_man said:

I don't remember his performances in those games, but I remember the entire offense playing poorly overall. Love has had misses here and there throughout the entire season and inconsistent footwork. 

Just like yesterday again.

His performances have been pretty consistent, but the offense around him has had MUCH greater variance. 

Like everyone keeps telling you: context matters 

Translation: Punt.

The answer you’re too stubborn to give is no.

The Raiders game especially.

Look at his interceptions in those games.

Two of them were 100% on Love. They were terrible throws. He played well in the second half of the Saints game, but dreadfully in the first half.

He played poorly. Your inability to admit truths in a debate is your worst attribute here.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Translation: Punt.

The answer you’re too stubborn to give is no.

The Raiders game especially.

Look at his interceptions in those games.

Two of them were 100% on Love. They were terrible throws. He played well in the second half of the Saints game, but dreadfully in the first half.

He played poorly. Your inability to admit truths in a debate is your worst attribute here.

Dead wrong yet again.

I was critical of Love when he made mistakes. 

Notice you're one of a maybe a couple people here whose opinion is swinging wildly on Love. Because you can't recognize the surrounding context.

My opinion of Love hasn't shifted even remotely this year. He's playing pretty much exactly the same all year. He's finding his consistency. And has more (obviously) when his teammates do too around him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Dead wrong yet again.

I was critical of Love when he made mistakes. 

Notice you're one of a maybe a couple people here whose opinion is swinging wildly on Love. Because you can't recognize the surrounding context.

My opinion of Love hasn't shifted even remotely this year. He's playing pretty much exactly the same all year. He's finding his consistency. And has more (obviously) when his teammates do too around him.

This is also wrong.

I have stuck religiously to my parameters. Those parameters have updated. Look back and you’ll see I haven’t even really faulted him for the high number of interceptions. I’ve stuck religiously to the 60% and the 6.5 YPA measurements and I’ve said I will not stray from that.

In the first half of the season, he was bad. Now he’s good. My measurement hasn’t changed.

He was missing open receivers (completion percentage). He was making the wrong decisions, not hitting receivers in stride, and taking too many incompletions (YPA).

You’re still seeing drops by receivers. I forget who had that bad one yesterday. Still, Love’s YPA and completion percentage were way up.

Drops are a league-wide problem. It still averages out. The Chiefs are worst in the NFL with drops and yet Mahomes is completing 69% of his passes.

Using his teammates as an excuse is what turns a player into a QB fan and not a team fan.

17 minutes ago, MacReady said:

This is also wrong.

I have stuck religiously to my parameters. Those parameters have updated. Look back and you’ll see I haven’t even really faulted him for the high number of interceptions. I’ve stuck religiously to the 60% and the 6.5 YPA measurements and I’ve said I will not stray from that.

In the first half of the season, he was bad. Now he’s good. My measurement hasn’t changed.

He was missing open receivers (completion percentage). He was making the wrong decisions, not hitting receivers in stride, and taking too many incompletions (YPA).

You’re still seeing drops by receivers. I forget who had that bad one yesterday. Still, Love’s YPA and completion percentage were way up.

Drops are a league-wide problem. It still averages out. The Chiefs are worst in the NFL with drops and yet Mahomes is completing 69% of his passes.

Using his teammates as an excuse is what turns a player into a QB fan and not a team fan.

Box

Score

Scout

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

It’s not accurate.

In a guy’s first year I think it’s ok to cut him some slack.  Especially given the circumstances.  Also even top QBs rarely have perfect games

I do agree that would be a problem down the line to constantly make excuses again though.  

Edited by LacyIsGood

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Box

Score

Scout

I’ve watched every game this season. He didn’t look good in those four games. His numbers backed that up.

He made bad decisions. Those led to interceptions.

There’s a reason statistics exist. They tend to back up good or bad play.

Love played poorly in those four games. How you can sit there acting otherwise is absurd.

4 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

In a guy’s first year I think it’s ok to cut him some slack.  Also even top QBs rarely have perfect games

Yes, that’s why I like the % and YPA. They’re good for extrapolating a career projection.

You want above 60% and above 6.5 YPA. That typically indicates a promising future.

7 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I’ve watched every game this season. He didn’t look good in those four games. His numbers backed that up.

He made bad decisions. Those led to interceptions.

There’s a reason statistics exist. They tend to back up good or bad play.

Love played poorly in those four games. How you can sit there acting otherwise is absurd.

Context matters

Those games largely yielded NO useful information about Love because of how bad the team play was.