Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

My take on the losing streak based on watching the QB school and On My Block…

Lions- tough spot, OL in shambles, but some wow throws in the 2nd half by Love and nearly another rally.  Was actually encouraged.

Raiders- 1 pick by Love was really bad, but probably one of MLF’s worst games. Play calling was not good, had TE’s vs Crosby

Broncos- comedy of errors, guys constantly doing the wrong things.  Almost a throwaway game for Love’s evaluation.  They had to get right after this

Vikings- Love looked really sharp, the execution was better, but it was the game of drops

• Like 1

From Solak @ The Ringer

This Is the Jordan Love the Green Bay Packers Have Been Waiting For

While this was the best game for Love this season, it had a preamble. Love played well last week in a win against the Chargers and even impressed in a loss against the Steelers in Week 10. Since Week 9, Love is third in the league in expected points added per dropback, third in explosive play rate, fourth in success rate. In each stat, he’s just behind Houston’s C.J. Stroud, whose recent play has solidified his Offensive Rookie of the Year campaign and generated some MVP noise, and Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott, who is receiving MVP buzz as well. That’s the caliber of play that Love has delivered.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Context matters

Those games largely yielded NO useful information about Love because of how bad the team play was.

Gameplan and calling from MLF was also just straight trash during that period. You're gonna go in circles here because the man himself flat out said that context doesn't matter. That tells you all you need to know. Don't waste your time and let the man stick to his schtick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Context matters

Those games largely yielded NO useful information about Love because of how bad the team play was.

It offers plenty because you forget that Love is going to get paid. Seeing how he plays when the team around him doesn’t add up is wildly insightful.

I’ve brought this up numerous times and there has not been one single solitary worthwhile response to it.

This? This team? This is the quality and contract disbursement we’re going to see once Love gets paid. So to see how he plays with a young, inexperienced team… That’s what he’s going to have. That’s what Rodgers had since 2011. That’s what Love will have.

The good news is that Love is showing a second half of the season revival. This I could get used to. If he’s hotter in the second half of the season, that’s the stuff Super Bowl teams are made of.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Gameplan and calling from MLF was also just straight trash during that period. You're gonna go in circles here because the man himself flat out said that context doesn't matter. That tells you all you need to know. Don't waste your time and let the man stick to his schtick. 

Not in so few words, but you can’t read anything you disagree with and still need crayon drawings. You add nothing of value to anything. You’re worthless. 

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

It offers plenty because you forget that Love is going to get paid. Seeing how he plays when the team around him doesn’t add up is wildly insightful.

I’ve brought this up numerous times and there has not been one single solitary worthwhile response to it.

This? This team? This is the quality and contract disbursement we’re going to see once Love gets paid. So to see how he plays with a young, inexperienced team… That’s what he’s going to have. That’s what Rodgers had since 2011. That’s what Love will have.

The good news is that Love is showing a second half of the season revival. This I could get used to. If he’s hotter in the second half of the season, that’s the stuff Super Bowl teams are made of.

Context matters

This is HISTORICALLY young and inexperienced offense.

Before losing Bakh and Jones.

Context matters.

• Like 3

Just now, incognito_man said:

Context matters

This is HISTORICALLY young and inexperienced offense.

Before losing Bakh and Jones.

Context matters.

Also historically productive. Reed is on pace for the best rookie receiver season by a Packer in 20 years. Musgrave was on pace for a top 20 season by a rookie tight end on any team. 

Context matters only when it suits your argument.

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Also historically productive. Reed is on pace for the best rookie receiver season by a Packer in 20 years. Musgrave was on pace for a top 20 season by a rookie tight end on any team. 

Context matters only when it suits your argument.

What?

I was a Reed fan back when you thought Love sucked lol

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

That's not remotely true though.

This team has $40 million in dead cap this year dedicated to Rodgers. Love is going to neatly fill into that slot. 

On top of that, there's $20 million in dead cap beyond what this Packer team typically carries.

PLUS

David Bakhtiari's $21 million dollar cap hit that's sitting on IR doing nothing for us. If you want to not count this one as you usually have one bad injury per year, cool, but it's not worth nothing. 

+++

There's at least one more high level difference maker this team can sign. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He doesn't watch football tbqh

I’ve wondered this for some time actually. 

just has like 3  contrarian theories he came up with when GB was really good and didn’t win super bowls and will never move off them. Will get more pleasure if GB’s box score can be used to support those theories than if they win a SB with a new franchise QB.

Just now, incognito_man said:

What?

How is this so hard to grasp? You know why they're also being historically productive? Because they are being relied on heavily compared to...well...most rookies in NFL history.

You play 50 snaps, **** up 40 of them but still get 10 catches, you're historically productive as a rookie but insanely ****ty as an NFL player (not regarding Reed or Musgrave here, just general context).

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How is this so hard to grasp? You know why they're also being historically productive? Because they are being relied on heavily compared to...well...most rookies in NFL history.

You play 50 snaps, **** up 40 of them but still get 10 catches, you're historically productive as a rookie but insanely ****ty as an NFL player (not regarding Reed or Musgrave here, just general context).

Sounds like Jon Runyan, except at guard.

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not true actually. We’ve relied on receivers heavily in the past who have not performed as well as Reed. MVS is one of them.

Same with a lot of tight ends we’ve had.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What?

And you can’t see how, though inexperienced (granted), the talent is there?

You can’t recall all the ill-advised throws to Watson? You can’t recall the two missed deep balls to a wide open Musgrave (one of them was caught, but an easy TD was cut short because of a really bad throw).

Love has been playing REALLY well the past three weeks. He played REALLY poorly for those four games I mentioned.

These are facts and I don’t know why you’re arguing against them so aggressively.