Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

36 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

My take on the losing streak based on watching the QB school and On My Block…

Lions- tough spot, OL in shambles, but some wow throws in the 2nd half by Love and nearly another rally.  Was actually encouraged.

Raiders- 1 pick by Love was really bad, but probably one of MLF’s worst games. Play calling was not good, had TE’s vs Crosby

Broncos- comedy of errors, guys constantly doing the wrong things.  Almost a throwaway game for Love’s evaluation.  They had to get right after this

Vikings- Love looked really sharp, the execution was better, but it was the game of drops

Good recognition of context here. This jives with mg memory 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MacReady said:

And you can’t see how, though inexperienced (granted), the talent is there?

You can’t recall all the ill-advised throws to Watson? You can’t recall the two missed deep balls to a wide open Musgrave (one of them was caught, but an easy TD was cut short because of a really bad throw).

Love has been playing REALLY well the past three weeks. He played REALLY poorly for those four games I mentioned.

These are facts and I don’t know why you’re arguing against them so aggressively.

They aren't facts, they're still your misguided opinion. You are the one who hasn't blamed anyone BUT Love. Most everyone else here recognizes the context.

I'm glad you're finally realizing what everyone saw earlier: ridiculously talented, but inexperienced skills on offense. Including Love.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

And you can’t see how, though inexperienced (granted), the talent is there?

You can’t recall all the ill-advised throws to Watson? You can’t recall the two missed deep balls to a wide open Musgrave (one of them was caught, but an easy TD was cut short because of a really bad throw).

Love has been playing REALLY well the past three weeks. He played REALLY poorly for those four games I mentioned.

These are facts and I don’t know why you’re arguing against them so aggressively.

I think what was going on in the first half of the season was on the WRs and Love. The receivers have to read the defense the exact same way the QB does and adjust routes accordingly. This took a few games. The WRs weren't reading the defense the same way as Love. He didn't know what routes they were going into. Watch the tape. Love hesitates, holds the ball too long, waiting to figure it out. Disaster. But they're mostly there now. The WRs and Love are seeing the same things now and Love is anticipating the route adjustments. Completion % goes up. Offense moves the chains. Build a line in front of Love nest year, get some threats at RB and next year this offense are going to cook. Extend Love now before the price goes up!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They aren't facts, they're still your misguided opinion. You are the one who hasn't blamed anyone BUT Love. Most everyone else here recognizes the context.

I'm glad you're finally realizing what everyone saw earlier: ridiculously talented, but inexperienced skills on offense. Including Love.

This does not account for his severe errors when the players were doing things right. The misses, the bad decisions, etc.

They existed. I acknowledged he flashed. Look back and you’ll see that this is true even when I was hardest on him.

You haven’t acknowledged that he played poorly just as the rest of the team did.

He was not hitting receivers in stride like he is now. That’s true, and the fact you can’t acknowledge it is what’s derailing this conversation.

You don’t complete under 55% of your passes for under 6 YPA if you’re not a part of the problem.

You guys aren't being honest with yourselves if you think Love is signing for anything less than $45/yr. Almost certainly will be over $50/yr. It doesn't really matter trying to get it done "early".

And then Outpost will need to find like a 9th exception to his rule when Love brings home the Lombardi 

5 minutes ago, MacReady said:

This does not account for his severe errors when the players were doing things right. The misses, the bad decisions, etc.

They existed. I acknowledged he flashed. Look back and you’ll see that this is true even when I was hardest on him.

You haven’t acknowledged that he played poorly just as the rest of the team did.

He was not hitting receivers in stride like he is now. That’s true, and the fact you can’t acknowledge it is what’s derailing this conversation.

You don’t complete under 55% of your passes for under 6 YPA if you’re not a part of the problem.

I've watched every one of JTs QB school cutups and I trust him over you. And your take is entirely inconsistent with what I've seen JT see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've watched every one of JTs QB school cutups and I trust him over you. And your take is entirely inconsistent with what I've seen JT see.

Whatever. Love played poorly in four games independent from the rest of his team also playing poorly.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You guys aren't being honest with yourselves if you think Love is signing for anything less than $45/yr. Almost certainly will be over $50/yr. It doesn't really matter trying to get it done "early".

And then Outpost will need to find like a 9th exception to his rule when Love brings home the Lombardi 

Lol. Pretty early to put him in Mahomes territory. It could happen if we hit on four players in each of the next two drafts.

Safer way to win would be to tag and trade Love for three first round draft picks and get a cheap top 5 QB for five years.

1 minute ago, MacReady said:

Lol. Pretty early to put him in Mahomes territory. It could happen if we hit on four players in each of the next two drafts.

Safer way to win would be to tag and trade Love for three first round draft picks and get a cheap top 5 QB for five years.

I'm right and you know it.

He's going to see this kind of money before next year

3 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Plus, that isn't Mahomes money. He's a bargain now.

This is Herbert, Burrow, Hurts, Murray, Watson, Wilson money 

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm right and you know it.

He's going to see this kind of money before next year

Why the **** do you think I’ve been so harsh on him?

Because as soon as we pay him, there comes 6 years of close but no cigar.

If he was playing like this in the first year of a rookie deal, there wouldn’t have been a bigger Love fan in the world.

We have a first round QB with literally none of the benefits of having a first round QB.

It’s a complete miscarriage of justice and the dumbest thing imaginable for a GM to do.

He kept compounding his mistakes by extending Rodgers and not going with Love.

Had he traded Rodgers the year after we drafted Love, we’ve got a Super Bowl win by now or this season.

15 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The QB on a rookie contract play is sort of a myth.  If they get to SB in year 2 you have to extend them anyways.  It’s not a 5 year window

Edited by LacyIsGood
  • Like 1

I too think Love's improved performance is connected with his receivers getting on the same page as him.  In those past games when things look bleak was it Love or the WRs/TEs not reading the defense the same or a little bit of both?  It is no coincidence the improved play by the QB and his teammates is producing a more potent offense in the past few games.  As long as we continue to see improvement I don't know what more we can ask. 

During the post game show on FOX yesterday one of the commentators said something about Love being Rodgers' backup for 3 years and he should have been further along as a veteran player.  Strahan admitted a player doesn't really learn much as the backup.  Until he started to play regularly he had no clue what he was doing a lot of the time and this is even a bigger deal for a QB.