Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

23 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I love how people use Mahomes.

Like, “Der all it takes is the best, most gifted QB of the past 40 yearz to get it done this ProVez the 12% rule is duM.”

Mahomes defense also gave up more postseason points than any other Super Bowl winning team in the history of the NFL. Mahomes had like 17 clutch moments. Trailed multiple times throughout the postseason. Had literally the best postseason performance by a QB ever. Won the Super Bowl by 3 points. Championship game by 3 points. Divisional game by 7 points. A single muffed punt and it doesn’t happen.

But lOl the 12% rule is DED dead.

News flash, it always was dead. It was never a thing except in your imagination.  

You know how I know this, because the really smart guys, the actual GMs, paid their franchise QB's to keep them around. They knew how hard it was to find them. 

Edited by Old Guy

37 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I love how people use Mahomes.

Like, “Der all it takes is the best, most gifted QB of the past 40 yearz to get it done this ProVez the 12% rule is duM.”

Mahomes defense also gave up more postseason points than any other Super Bowl winning team in the history of the NFL. Mahomes had like 17 clutch moments. Trailed multiple times throughout the postseason. Had literally the best postseason performance by a QB ever. Won the Super Bowl by 3 points. Championship game by 3 points. Divisional game by 7 points. A single muffed punt and it doesn’t happen.

But lOl the 12% rule is DED dead.

Oh so context matters?!?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

It's 2024. There is soooooo much free content on the internet that is infinitely better than these network and talk radio doofuses. It blows my mind that people still care what Colin Cowturd has to say about football.

I am not even being defensive about Love. People could still find reasons to not like him or whatever and that’s fine but they just have no clue. It’s genuinely cringe to listen to. A 25 year old QB playing like Love has recently has  “no market”, riiiiiight. Many Teams would line up to trade for him considering their WB situations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I am not even being defensive about Love. People could still find reasons to not like him or whatever and that’s fine but they just have no clue. It’s genuinely cringe to listen to. A 25 year old QB playing like Love has recently has  “no market”, riiiiiight. Many Teams would line up to trade for him considering their WB situations.

Oh yes for sure.  He's really upped his value in the last few weeks.  As desperate as teams are for QB's he's worth a 1 right now.  Continues to play at a high level by the end of the season you are talking multiple 1st rounders.  We wouldn't trade him though.  He'll likely get an extension if he plays well in the next few games.  Packers will lock him up.

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Oh yes for sure.  He's really upped his value in the last few weeks.  As desperate as teams are for QB's he's worth a 1 right now.  Continues to play at a high level by the end of the season you are talking multiple 1st rounders.  We wouldn't trade him though.  He'll likely get an extension if he plays well in the next few games.  Packers will lock him up.

I wouldn’t be surprised he’d fetch more than 1 1st rounder now. Couple more weeks like the last few and I’d almost guarantee it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Oh so context matters?!?

What Mahomes did is why context doesn't matter.

Mahomes did that with Travis Kelce, MVS and Toney. Nobody players. He did at LEAST three things no other QB had ever done before:

1. Win a Super Bowl paid above 13% of the cap.
2. Win a Super Bowl without a top 10 regular season scoring defense (this has been done four times).
3. The Chiefs defense gave up more points that postseason on a game average than any other defense to ever win a Super Bowl.

Jordan Love sucked. Some of it was on his receivers and offensive line. I can acknowledge that. He also just flat sucked in moments. That was irrespective of his players. The Raiders game he threw two REALLY bad picks. His receivers being in the wrong spot had nothing to do with it.

I've never discredited context, your context just sucked because it didn't apply.

*There's no context to the terrible pick Jordan Love threw directly to that Raiders linebacker. Love made a REALLY bad throw.
*There's no context to the two REALLY bad misses throwing deep to the wide open Musgrave twice in the same game (which game I forget, but he completed one and badly missed the other).
*There's no context to Love choosing Watson on four really bad late game scenarios, three of which ending in game ending interceptions.

Yes. Context matters. You don't have any context for those problems Love had for those 4 really bad games, 2 subpar games. And they were against (at the time) easy opponents, too. So whatever context you have I have counter context for. 

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Extend Jordan Love for 10 years at 400 million dollars. Give him a big SB and some guaranteed money. 50/50 let's say, maybe more. It will give us cap flexibility well into his deal and it will become a steal within 4 years. 

Might also quiet the dude who posted 2 posts up to zip it about trading a franchise quarterback when they are 28-29 years old. 

Nobody will win a Super Bowl with the quarterback making more than 12% of the salary cap.

Oh wait, nobody but Patrick Mahomes will win a Super Bowl with the quarterback making more than 12% of the salary cap.

Until the next one, then it will be nobody but Patrick Mahomes and so and so......................................................... 12% of the salary cap. 

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist, but Mahomes and the chiefs were the beneficiary of some very suspect calls in the Bengals game and in the Super Bowl. 

It's feels like it's almost a year ago already that I mentioned that NFL GMs know it's not a concern what percentage of your cap you're paying your legit, top tier QB. The real area of emphasis is making sure you're not paying high cap percentages to low impact positions where JAGS can get you by . Having a great QB on a rookie contract is a luxury no doubt but paying 15-20% of your cap to the QB isn't a death knell if you're not doing stupid things like paying high miles, second contract RBs star money and low overall impact middle LBs and safeties $12-18 million per.

KC, Dallas, and Baltimore rank 2nd, 4th, and 5th at QB spending and feel pretty damn good about their SB chances right now.

• Like 1