Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Someone went to great lengths to undermine @MacReady

Yeah. I was getting in too many ears. The NFL saw the marketability of the franchise QB slipping. With the Rodgers trade or retirement obvious, with Goff, Stanford, Wilson, Watson all getting traded away, with Hurts/Burrow or Mahomes left and only one QB getting paid plus 30 straight years of the QB cap hit mattering, the NFL knew it had to produce one outlier just so teams wouldn’t start trading their quarterbacks.

For the next 20 years people will be pointing to Mahomes saying, “See? It’s happened once in 50 years, so it can happen another time. We just need to win by single scores (so absolutely nothing can go wrong in any of the 3/4 playoff games), we have to have the refs on our side, we have to have a QB good enough to overcome crap on the rest of the roster, but it can be done.”

And before you make fun of me, I started the QB cap hit question. That was me. It wasn’t on Twitter or X or whatever it’s called before me. Nobody even thought of it before I brought it up. It was MY theory. I couldn’t understand why Aaron Rodgers was going year after  year after year coming up short while Brady wasn’t when everyone knows Rodgers was the clearly better player (with Brady having an edge in will to win). Then I looked at their cap hits.

It was also me who started making fun of receivers in the first round. Receivers and tight ends. That’s also slowly starting to work its way onto X, especially after the lackluster performance of this year’s first round receivers.

You can agree with me or think I’m crazy, but my thoughts gain traction from here and they explode once they get out of here.

Just so everyone is aware, I invented the internet. Back when you Neanderthals were banging onto your rocks and screaming into the void I thought, maybe there’s a way to get this rock banging and void screaming out to millions, nay billions worldwide. Anyway, you’re welcome. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Just so everyone is aware, I invented the internet. Back when you Neanderthals were banging onto your rocks and screaming into the void I thought, maybe there’s a way to get this rock banging and void screaming out to millions, nay billions worldwide. Anyway, you’re welcome. 

I have the receipts to prove my claim.

I’m just too lazy to look them up.

51 minutes ago, MacReady said:

And before you make fun of me, I started the QB cap hit question. That was me. It wasn’t on Twitter or X or whatever it’s called before me. Nobody even thought of it before I brought it up. It was MY theory. I couldn’t understand why Aaron Rodgers was going year after  year after year coming up short while Brady wasn’t when everyone knows Rodgers was the clearly better player (with Brady having an edge in will to win). Then I looked at their cap hits.

It was also me who started making fun of receivers in the first round. Receivers and tight ends. That’s also slowly starting to work its way onto X, especially after the lackluster performance of this year’s first round receivers.

You can agree with me or think I’m crazy, but my thoughts gain traction from here and they explode once they get out of here.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Moneyball existed long before this

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Rodgers also struggled because he didn’t elevate the play of his teammates enough, didn’t run the offense, or trust his guys.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Someone get this man a "pat on the back machine".

qc-pat-on-back.png

• Like 5

Epic Macready cheese all over himself gotta love the confidence and brashness of this young forum member! Bahaha. Didn't the 49r's trade away Montana while having a pretty solid back up:). 

Didn't the Pack do do it too. Age, cap hit and a reset is required some do it earlier fi they don't have the HOF'r at QB. Mahomes may get his too when he's old like AR and the name on the back means more than the name on the front. 

Edited by PACKRULE