Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

20 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

People who were willing to give up on Love at any point during this season simply refused to  understand that there are growing pains involved in playing young QBs.  There's a reason that they gave themselves two years to make the eval, because both "what mistakes he's going to make" and "how he learns from them"  are super important to the eval.

They don't understand that context matters 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

They don't understand that context matters 

You keep saying this, but it’s all you say and you still don’t have a response to the direct points against it.

When it comes to his early season inability to complete basic throws, badly missed open receivers and bad decisions (with clearly and readily available other decisions), there is no context that matters.

36 minutes ago, MacReady said:

You keep saying this, but it’s all you say and you still don’t have a response to the direct points against it.

When it comes to his early season inability to complete basic throws, badly missed open receivers and bad decisions (with clearly and readily available other decisions), there is no context that matters.

Context always matters. Especially in systems that have wayyyyyyy more complexity than can be summarized by casual fans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

Yeah, nobody ever improves after playing in 8 NFL games. If they don't have it figured out by then, 99.99% of will bust.

Said no thinking human being, ever! 

Edited by Old Guy

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, nobody ever improves after playing in 8 NFL games. If they don't have it figured out by then, 99.99% of will bust.

Said no thinking human being, ever! 

Yeah but you have to really understand odds. If the odds against something happening are exactly a million to one, nine times out of ten it happens. If the odds are 999,999 to 1 -----------------  no chance.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Context always matters. Especially in systems that have wayyyyyyy more complexity than can be summarized by casual fans

This is the fourth time you’ve disregarded the point. Either you don’t understand it or you can’t respond to it.

None of this response has literally anything to do with what I’m saying.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

"The last month, there's been a lot of good," said ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky, who spent 12 years as a quarterback in the NFL. "You hear the terms floors and ceilings, I would say his floor has been elevated the last month or so."

Orlovsky, who studies quarterback film closely, said he noticed two major differences in the Packers and Love over the past month: coach Matt LaFleur's use of play-action as a means to protect Love, and Love's ability to (despite some mechanical issues that Orlovsky said can be fixed) complete more of the basic throws.

"Do I think he is where he needs to be mechanically with his feet right now?" Orlovsky asked. "No. But I think that they've realized that if he's clean or protected, they can get to the mechanics and his feet in the offseason a little bit with his balance and base. They're really doing a good job trying to keep him clean in that regard."

Orlovsky makes a couple of very good points here.

1.  The footwork DOES need to get addressed in order for him to gain the ball placement and accuracy we all want consistently.

2. Its very hard to get get a significant amount of improvement in the footwork while your playing and trying to win games during the season. Even if you train each day on footwork I would imagine the individual reverts back to how he did it before when stressed as it has not become his new norm. Therefore this offseason is VERY important for him to work on this and improve that footwork to a point where it becomes his new norm.

I have noticed that Love's footwork has improved during the course of this year on the initial drop back when everything is in sync on time and the pocket is clean. Your starting to see greater accuracy on those throws and the decisions are quicker.  Where his footwork starts to break down is when the play goes off schedule or the first read is not open and he needs to scan the field for the second or third option. This is what really needs to be addressed everyday in his training during the offseason. If the footwork can be improved on during this offseason I firmly believe his passing percentage will get to 65% and the yards per pass attempt will go up over to over 7.5 yards next year. Everything else is there and he just needs more experience in this offense with these receivers.

The Kansas City game will be interesting because I believe that Chiefs will bring the house on plays and attempt again to confuse Love, our offensive line and our receivers.  So I'm interested to see what happens on these type of plays.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Yeah but you have to really understand odds. If the odds against something happening are exactly a million to one, nine times out of ten it happens. If the odds are 999,999 to 1 -----------------  no chance.

82e.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Orlovsky makes a couple of very good points here.

1.  The footwork DOES need to get addressed in order for him to gain the ball placement and accuracy we all want consistently.

2. Its very hard to get get a significant amount of improvement in the footwork while your playing and trying to win games during the season. Even if you train each day on footwork I would imagine the individual reverts back to how he did it before when stressed as it has not become his new norm. Therefore this offseason is VERY important for him to work on this and improve that footwork to a point where it becomes his new norm.

I have noticed that Love's footwork has improved during the course of this year on the initial drop back when everything is in sync on time and the pocket is clean. Your starting to see greater accuracy on those throws and the decisions are quicker.  Where his footwork starts to break down is when the play goes off schedule or the first read is not open and he needs to scan the field for the second or third option. This is what really needs to be addressed everyday in his training during the offseason. If the footwork can be improved on during this offseason I firmly believe his passing percentage will get to 65% and the yards per pass attempt will go up over to over 7.5 yards next year. Everything else is there and he just needs more experience in this offense with these receivers.

The Kansas City game will be interesting because I believe that Chiefs will bring the house on plays and attempt again to confuse Love, our offensive line and our receivers.  So I'm interested to see what happens on these type of plays.

Hopefully he's grown enough that he can make them pay dearly.  I kind of put it on LaFleur to have some blitz beaters worked in there as well.  They didn't have answers during the Covid year when Spags continually brought the house .. this time I do think it will be different.  

18 minutes ago, MacReady said:

This is the fourth time you’ve disregarded the point. Either you don’t understand it or you can’t respond to it.

You said:

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

there is no context that matters.

I said

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Context always matters 

Because you're wrong that there was no context that mattered and I'm right that there was. And it's OBVIOUS that stance was correct now.

On 11/29/2023 at 7:31 PM, MacReady said:

Why context matters even in the instances you brought up: what if the receivers ran wrong routes and he threw the ball where they were supposed to be? I’m not saying that’s the case, but it could be. It could also be that his confidence was rattled and affected his throws. Or it could be inconsistency due to inexperience.

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

Why context matters even in the instances you brought up: what if the receivers ran wrong routes and he threw the ball where they were supposed to be? I’m not saying that’s the case, but it could be. It could also be that his confidence was rattled and affected his throws. Or it could be inconsistency due to inexperience.

Anybody that says context doesn't matter should automatically be disregarded no matter the argument. Context always matters. If you are unable to take context into account, you are unable to appropriately understand situations.