Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

8 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Chiefs had not given up more than 21 points all year.  

Over the past 8 weeks, this offense has gone from looking worse than I ever thought it would to looking better than I ever thought it would.  Other than a few hiccups, the OL even played well tonight.

I took a quick check, and here are Jordan's numbers over the last 5 games:

174 attempts for 115 completions - 66.09% completion, 7.9 YPA
11 TDs @ 6.32% vs 2 INTs @ 1.15%
106.35 passer rating
16 carries for 77 yards (4.8 YPC), with some crucial first downs.

Obviously it won't work out exactly like this and there will be ups and downs, but if you extrapolate the above numbers to a 17 game season, you would have 391-of-691 completed for 4,671 yards, 37.4 TDs and 6.8 INTs, with another 262 on the ground.

And this isn't skewed by beating up on bad defenses either: these have been against the (currently) no. 3, 7, 16, 21 and 23 scoring defenses, leading to a 4-1 record with the loss in no small part being due to arguably to the worst call in the entire league all season in the non-fumble recovery TD (blowing up the play was terrible, the call of forward pass was also bad, but refusing to overturn the replay that clearly showed by unanimous consent among the media and fans around the league that it went backwards should be disciplinary-worthy and have the league question your priorities as refs - to officiate the game, or to want to stroke your ego and pride). Three of these give teams are currently in playoff positions, with a 4th (LAR) only outside after GB ourselves pipped ahead of them last night.

A reminder: we are now in a playoff position. This is not in spite of Jordan, nor is it a case of him 'not losing it for us' in this spell. This is on the back of him becoming our unquestioned leader and possibly being the best QB in the entire league over that stretch, outperforming Justin Herbert, Jared Goff and then Patrick Mahomes in three straight weeks.

Edited by Billy86
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Jordan Love played so well last night @Outpost was nearly silent. That's a win/win! 

I was posting the entire game.

And I'm the only one here who brought up concerns about Love that's still posting.

I stated my metric before the year started (Completion % and YPA) and I never deviated from that.

I began opening to the possibility I was wrong 5 weeks ago. Based on my own metric.

I haven't changed. Love has. Using me as the board's personal Jordan Love Haters Club Mascot is erroneous.

You can follow through in the Jordan Love appreciation thread and see all of this that I've just stated is true. I also defended Love against unfair criticism in the middle of my worst opinions of him because I'm the only one who stayed true to my metric.

Even when people kept saying context matters, I kept saying that context doesn't matter. Young receivers/etc doesn't matter when looking at completion % and YPA because those two metrics account for those (few) bad plays from receivers/tight ends and bad/less than ideal play calling.

Last night proved that was correct, too. Especially late, there were a lot of errors from receivers. That one deep ball to Reed is a prime example. Yet Love still was at 69% and 7.4 YPA.

We're 7 weeks removed from Love being below 57% and below 6 YPA. Those are bad numbers. Because Love (along with the rest of his team) played poorly.

His teammates haven't changed. In fact, they've gotten worse due to injury. And yet there he is... Playing like he should be.

So considering I was the only one basing my opinion of Love on a clearly defined metric rather than an eye test, it's safe to say my metric - which has proven his potential can produce production - was correct.

Find a single instance in the history of this thread in which I haven't stuck to that metric in judging Love. Just one.

While others were judging him for taking sacks or throwing interceptions, I on numerous occasions (when I was most down on him) said the interceptions didn't bother me. I defended my metric against the real Love Haters Club Mascot here numerous times. Through it all, I stuck to my metric.

Jordan Love needs to average 227 yards passing over the next five games to eclipse 4000 yards for the season. That would give him more 4000 passing yards seasons, 1, than the Chicago Bears have had in their history. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Jordan Love needs to average 227 yards passing over the next five games to eclipse 4000 yards for the season. That would give him more 400 passing yards seasons, 1, than the Chicago Bears have had in their history. 

I know the Bears QBs haven't been good over the years, but I think they've gotten over the 400 passing yard season hump.