Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

8 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'm a pretty cautious person by nature and I never would want to be a GM of any football team as it is not my area of expertise so you do not need to worry about that happening.

Apparently you haven't read any of my previous posts on Jordan Love, which all in all have been pretty positive, even when many others were questioning Love's ability several months ago. 

I'm frankly a little surprised however, that this is his fourth year and some of these fundamentals have not been corrected by now. Some of this could be due to the fact that this is his first year playing regularly in some time since college and practice is not actual game speed. This can be worked on however and I fully expect he would want to improve.

I manage a large group of people and have never had any problem giving direct feedback on how an employee can improve to achieve their career aspirations. Since I've had a lot of career success, I've taken the position that is my job to help others get where they want to get to. The vast majority of my employees have taken that feedback and have worked to make improvements which have resulted in a lot of very positive career outcomes for them. People that want to be great want that feedback and act on it to get to where they want to be. My sense is that Love is that type of person.

Plus, we don't know what Love's agent wants. What if he wanted $50-$55 million now? The agent sees the same potential we all do so why settle for less?

Congrats on being a people guy.  That being said, the point was do you wait another year and the price point goes up by 10-15 million a year.  You said yes .. I say no.  I've seen enough highs and good to get it done and save enough to get another free agent weapon on offense or defense.  What Love's agent wants is a whole new issue, not whether to wait a year and pay more in doing so.

4 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

The last two times a guy has thrown for 1600+ yards 15+ td's and 1 or fewer interceptions over a seven game stretch: Jordan Love 2024, Rodgers 2021. Overly specific stat that only applies to Green Bay lol. 

Is it the most recent two times or has it only happened twice? 

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Nice to see QB1 have a top tier performance when you need to have it. Been a few years

Been a good while.  Forgot what that looks like.

No pro bowl players going to the playoffs

• Like 2

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

MLF cementing his status as GB's longterm coach

He is a very good offensive playcaller and by all accounts seems like a players coach, but he's gotta nail his DC hiring. Everybody questioned the Barry hiring and that is what is currently holding this team back moving forward. Helluva job by the staff to get them this far with all the adversity, but the grace period won't be there in yr2 with this young team. They got a taste of the playoffs this year, now it's time to take the next step back towards NFC elite status, and improvement from the defense is what will be needed to get back to that level

• Like 3