Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

As I just posted, I haven't posted reguarly here for many years. I now spend most of my board time at a really good private FB board that covers Wisconsin sports. A few really good posters that use to post here are there, too. A few posters that are still here post there as well. A couple of them told me the “flunkies” (groupthink) at FF were chirping about me. So, I stopped by.

I discover the groupthink wants to call me out. Cool, I’m your huckleberry, I know that game.

Here’s my take on some of the groupthink I know/remember:

Norm is the biggest keyboard coward on the internet. He’s either drunk or hungover and always jonesin' for cigarettes. The next decent football take he has will be his first decent football take. I know things are tough for him living in his mom’s basement or whatever. It’s good he has this place.

Alexgreen20 is hilarious. If he’s chirping about Love that would be the end all… It’s great how the groupthink goes to him for info, because he’s always wrong- ALWAYS!. Some of his best hits- “Gary was a terrible draft pick”, “Jones is an average RB, he doesn’t make a difference“, Beluga is better than Bakhtiari”, (from the 2023 draft) “Brooks is a wasted pick. Too small for the NFL”. There are many more, but I’ll just post one more, his best take ever: “Kevin King is a great CB”- WOW!...  LIS, he’s entertaining. However, from what I was told he got himself banned for thirty days. He says ignorant and inappropriate stuff on different things (domestic violence, the mentally handicapped, etc…)  You guys should help him out with that nonsense.

Incontinent-man is a cautionary tale. This poor slob lives for this board, posting 50-100 times a day- a Day! I think I have time to post about 50 times a month on message boards. A couple years ago he went from thread to thread telling me he put me on ignore, like it was supposed to hurt me or something. It was bizarre and weird…  From what I was told he makes up stories about flying around the country going to Packer games and then posts in the game threads while “at the game”- crazy. He reminds me of “Patty” from Packer Chatters back in the day. The guys from here laugh a lot about that on the FB board. One of them made up a, where is Waldo/incontinent-man, post string about the Falcons or Bucs game. Very funny, but I ended up feeling sorry for incontinent.This is just message board stuff, I wish him the best.

Oldguy is a trip. He just posted some nonsense about me. The last time I was here he hated the whole team, then loved them, then hates them again, but now loves them. He’s either insane or messin’ with the board. Fun stuff.

Packerraymond is just meager. He’s the 2nd biggest keyboard coward on the board. He berates posters who don’t goosestep to his diatribes. Oh ya, he's a moderator- a MODERATOR. SMH… I’ll just stop there.

There we go.  Is that's how it's done?

Live large, groupthink. Maybe just remember the adage about glass houses.

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

As I just posted, I haven't posted reguarly here for many years. I now spend most of my board time at a really good private FB board that covers Wisconsin sports. A few really good posters that use to post here are there, too. A few posters that are still here post there as well. A couple of them told me the “flunkies” (groupthink) at FF were chirping about me. So, I stopped by.

I discover the groupthink wants to call me out. Cool, I’m your huckleberry, I know that game.

Here’s my take on some of the groupthink I know/remember:

Norm is the biggest keyboard coward on the internet. He’s either drunk or hungover and always jonesin' for cigarettes. The next decent football take he has will be his first decent football take. I know things are tough for him living in his mom’s basement or whatever. It’s good he has this place.

Alexgreen20 is hilarious. If he’s chirping about Love that would be the end all… It’s great how the groupthink goes to him for info, because he’s always wrong- ALWAYS!. Some of his best hits- “Gary was a terrible draft pick”, “Jones is an average RB, he doesn’t make a difference“, Beluga is better than Bakhtiari”, (from the 2023 draft) “Brooks is a wasted pick. Too small for the NFL”. There are many more, but I’ll just post one more, his best take ever: “Kevin King is a great CB”- WOW!...  LIS, he’s entertaining. However, from what I was told he got himself banned for thirty days. He says ignorant and inappropriate stuff on different things (domestic violence, the mentally handicapped, etc…)  You guys should help him out with that nonsense.

Incontinent-man is a cautionary tale. This poor slob lives for this board, posting 50-100 times a day- a Day! I think I have time to post about 50 times a month on message boards. A couple years ago he went from thread to thread telling me he put me on ignore, like it was supposed to hurt me or something. It was bizarre and weird…  From what I was told he makes up stories about flying around the country going to Packer games and then posts in the game threads while “at the game”- crazy. He reminds me of “Patty” from Packer Chatters back in the day. The guys from here laugh a lot about that on the FB board. One of them made up a, where is Waldo/incontinent-man, post string about the Falcons or Bucs game. Very funny, but I ended up feeling sorry for incontinent.This is just message board stuff, I wish him the best.

Oldguy is a trip. He just posted some nonsense about me. The last time I was here he hated the whole team, then loved them, then hates them again, but now loves them. He’s either insane or messin’ with the board. Fun stuff.

Packerraymond is just meager. He’s the 2nd biggest keyboard coward on the board. He berates posters who don’t goosestep to his diatribes. Oh ya, he's a moderator- a MODERATOR. SMH… I’ll just stop there.

There we go.  Is that's how it's done?

Live large, groupthink. Maybe just remember the adage about glass houses.

Hopefully your other groupthink treats you better. 

I see it’s not only the groupthink having issues with my posts on Love. Y’all should check yourselves. The last time I was here, in and around mid October, 90% of ya were hating the O-line (especially Walker) and the WR room. I remember accidentally hitting one of those ridiculous mock draft threads. The OP used the first five packs (1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd and a 3rd) on O-linemen and WRs. All five picks!... too funny

So, what does it mean? I tell ya, it means nothing. Post the best you can. Don’t have a hot take. Bring some knowledge and analysis to the table and post what ya think. This is what we do on my FB board and we have a good time.

I backed up all of my posts on Love. If I’m indeed wrong, which it sure looks like I am, then great! As I constantly posted, I was rooting to be wrong. As I’ve posted many times, I was wrong about Favre and Rodgers, too; especially Favre.

I remember it like it was yesterday. The Packers had an extra 1st rounder from the Eagles in 1992. Excited for two 1st rounders, then the new GM, some guy named Ron Wolf, wastes one by trading one of them to the Falcons for some QB named Favre (pronounced Fav-ray by the TV anchor). Favray was a 2nd round pick the year before and a mess. The Falcons coach- Glanville- joked about what a mess Favray was. A popular TV clip was Favre walking up to Glanville apologizing for being late because of a train wreck. Glanille tells him,”kid, you are the train wreck. Do what you want”- This is what Wolf traded for, and the rest is history… Never been so happy to be so wrong. It was glorious.

I didn’t like the Rodgers pick, but didn’t despise it like the Favre trade and Love pick. I thought Rodgers dropped for a good reason, the Cal QBs bombed. Also wanted a win now player. But, Favre was in his mid 30s and the value was there. It was what it was and the rest is history… Never been so happy to be so wrong. It was glorious.

Love, he’s been incredible since November. All the physical talent in the world, he  just needs to keep growing. Improve his accuracy and learn to throw receivers open- for instance, I can’t remember him ever throwing a back shoulder throw?!?

Hoping he keeps going. I’ll happily be wrong; it’ll be glorious.

Is it groupthink or did you just have a bad opinion? They may not be mutually exclusive, but in this case I think it's the latter. The key is owning that and admitting things have changed as many have in regards to the OL of this team just this year. Holding onto a clearly bad take is not the way to go about it. Its ok to be wrong some times it happens. I mean I wouldn't know but others have told me this.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Is it groupthink or did you just have a bad opinion? 

It was a groupthink thing. They lost their minds whenever I pointed out how poor Love had played.

It is what it is. It's 8 men in a boat time- heard it's a fantastic movie.

Go Pack go. Bring home the W, Love. I never doubted ya. 😁

Edited by Donzo
SVG error

2 minutes ago, Donzo said:

It was a groupthink thing, They lost their mids whenever I pointed out how poor Love had played.

It is what it is. It's 8 men in a boat time- heard it's a fantastic movie.

Go Pack go. Bring home the W, Love. I never doubted ya. 😁

I don't post much as you can see by my post count, but if you are bringing up every time he plays poorly and then not bringing up when he plays well then, I can see where some are going to jump at the chance to do the "I told you so" routine. I think you are missing the running joke especially when it comes from @Norm and @beekay414. There is a little truth to it and whole lot of sheet talking to it too. I honestly don't remember you in particular but there were several others that maybe went overboard, and you got lumped in with that group as the Pro Love group came to defend him. I my mind anyone that had a strong opinion on Love until about week 15 of this season was making their judgement too early. The one quote provided in here doesn't reflect well on your opinion at that time though. If that opinion has mutated since then good for you.

Have fun with the movie I have never heard of but maybe I will see what it's about.

• Like 1

The 2020 quarterback class is pretty darn good. Especially when you have the rookie year very shortened with no off season per se. 

It's not quite the '83 class but teams hit on the first five quarterbacks. It will be interesting how history ranks: Burron, Herbert, Tagovailoa, Love and Hurts. 

• Like 1