Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

10 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Really, the Bears media people should be playing Joy Division.

I  see what you did there.

I'd love it if they played 'Love Will Tear Us Apart, Again'............................. or if the Bears are doing really, REALLY badly,  'Atrocity Exhibition'.

(both great tracks, btw)

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

Can you guys post more about how good Love is and why you think he’s a quality quarterback? I have no ulterior motive 

I once watched him eat a 1.5-gallon bucket of fried smelt and chased it down with 6 cold brews all without getting up for a urination. Now that is good and the kind of thing that makes for a quality QB.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2023 at 6:10 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

At the very least, we gotta appreciate him for how he handled the situation. Through all the craziness, uncertainty about his future, he handled everything with integrity and class. Not everyone would’ve handled it like Jordan did 

It’s funny that is exactly what people were saying about Rodgers when he took over in 08’. I would find it kind of ironic if Love ends up with more Super Bowls then Rodgers or Favre, yet doesn’t have the stats those two had. 

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Can you guys post more about how good Love is and why you think he’s a quality quarterback? I have no ulterior motive 

There’s not much to go on other than, what? ten snaps against the Eagles and a game against KC without a full week of prep? Speaking for myself, there is just a healthy optimism that Love and LaFleur will partner up to run a coherent and coordinated offense.

I’ll be disappointed, but not terribly surprised, if the offense is bad. Under MLF there has been real uncertainty about whether Rodgers constantly rescued the team from the coach’s mediocre offense or sabotaged his coach’s quality offense by stubbornly checking out of well-designed plays to do his own thing.

It’s crazy that a coach who has a 47-19 record still has skeptics like me wondering if he’s a good coach. If this team is successful in the coming season, which to me would mean winning at least ten games, the credit should go to MLF first and Love second. If by some shocking chance we win thirteen games you can reverse that and celebrate Love as a third excellent quarterback in a row.

• Like 4

On 5/14/2023 at 7:05 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

Really, the Bears media people should be playing Joy Division.

The song would be an actual perfect metaphor about the packers when Love doesn’t end up the chosen one 

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Basically what uffda said - he's Schrodinger's QB right now, and we're opening the box. 

The upside is great tools, seems to have really  good leadership potential (which is one of those spots Rodgers lacked a little...he was  leader by default but was a bit aloof), great attitude, big arm, good athleticism, etc. 

Downside is, like any inexperienced QB, we don't know if he will be any good when the rubber meets the road. Heck, Fields has FAR more starting experience and no one is really sure if he's any good either. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Nobody is saying he is. We’re saying he has the tools, received the time to learn/ clean up the things he needed to and has the confidence of the organization. 

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

The way the ball pops out of his hand is beautiful. He spins it as good as anyone. His ball placement and timing in the middle of the field look very good. He has the arm strength to hit deep balls. Plenty of mobility to keep plays alive. When he is in rhythm it looks about as good as it can look. 

His biggest problem has been throwing short passes on target, which probably has more to do with footwork than anything. Highly correctable. 

I think he has a great, young supporting cast and will thrive playing within the design of MLFs offense. 

He has every opportunity to be great and is still very young. 

Edited by HokieHigh

7 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Nobody is saying he is. We’re saying he has the tools, received the time to learn/ clean up the things he needed to and has the confidence of the organization. 

There are not many qbs in the league I would trade him for