Jordan Love Appreciation Thread

vegas492

3 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

At this point I would agree. While I think Cousins is a better QB right now (could be proven wrong this year) I would roll the dice with Love.

Jones and Riddler are the only ones in the NFC i would potentially take over Love. Both look like they could take you there with a good supporting cast. Honestly... no one else (maybe Dak)

There’s zero chance in god’s green Earth going into this year I would take either of those two . 

4 hours ago, malak1 said:

Gambling in this fashion gets old when/if you keep missing. There’s a reason mediocre QBs get paid a ton of money. They’re hard to find.

I’d rather gamble until I get it right than bein in football purgatory 

Interesting they decided to push some of love's cap number into 3 auto void years.  Guess this is the new "FO MO" when it comes to extensions - push out cap into void years rather than having unguaranteed salary.

Assuming they want him back after a good first season, Love's "big extension" would be modeled on Jalen Hurts, which has cap hits of 13, 21, and 31 in the first 3 "new years" of that deal.  Plus the Dead cap from Love's 3 void years hitting in 2025.

So if we go with that logic, 2024 and beyond love cap hits would look like:

7M in 2024

19M in 2025

21M in 2026

31 in 2027

45 in 2028

54 in 2029 and then we're pretty much back where we started with Rodgers, although a little cheaper due to cap inflation.

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s zero chance in god’s green Earth going into this year I would take either of those two . 

I’d rather gamble until I get it right than bein in football purgatory 

I think you're really selling Dak short.  He's not far off from Burrow to me.  A step below, but he's right there with Hurts among the best options in the NFC.

34 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think you're really selling Dak short.  He's not far off from Burrow to me.  A step below, but he's right there with Hurts among the best options in the NFC.

Close to Burrow? No way . 

Dak is an average QB who can show glimpses of being above average . I don’t think there is any way he can string together 3-4 games for a SB run. In my book he’s a stat padder. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Agree, he’s just an older QB I’m not sure there any more upside than we’ve seen. 

To me, the other 2 have looked like they can play and still may have some upside. Love has to prove it yet but he has very good tools. However, we’ve seen guys come through with his tools and not make it. 

Ni way I give Riddler or Jones another contract though, unless they show that improvement. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 6:46 PM, skibrett15 said:

You're trying to make the Riddler into Batman here. There is light years in difference between the two QB's talent level. 

One of the Led Zeppelin guys was telling a story a few years ago. The story was: he was in bed with, presumably  a fan, and he had a heart attack. Physiology the real MVP. 

The Guitar player for the U2 made a Batman Theme song. He wears hats. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+edge+batman+theme&rlz=1C1RXQR_enUS1034US1034&oq=edge+batman+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqCAgCEAAYFhgeMgYIABBFGDkyCAgBEAAYFhgeMggIAhAAGBYYHjIICAMQABgWGB4yCAgEEAAYFhgeMggIBRAAGBYYHjIKCAYQABgPGBYYHjIICAcQABgWGB4yCAgIEAAYFhgeMggICRAAGBYYHtIBCDgwMzRqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:8221ac10,vid:tSODC0cxAxE

The 1980s has lots of pastel love songs.

I’ll probably get a Love jersey. I’ve had 4jerseys in the last 20 years: bought Rodgers his first year starting, bought Jordy after year 3 I think, Adams after year 2 and Charles Woodson his first year here. Love will probably be the next. It’s a good sign.