9ners L

Colts W

Panthers W

Falcons W

Packers W

Jags L

Saints W

Panthers W

So we end up 9-8  with a big losing streak at the beginning but a big winning streak towards the end

but I could also see 8-9 if we get swept by the Saints

what you guys think?

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

IMG_2209.jpeg

Based off our schedule here's how I see it playing out:

Vikings L

Bears L

Eagles L

Saints L

Lions L

Falcons W

Bills L

Texans W

Titans W

9ners L

Colts W

Panthers W

Falcons W

Packers W

Jags L

Saints W

Panthers W

So we end up 9-8  with a big losing streak at the beginning but a big winning streak towards the end

but I could also see 8-9 if we get swept by the Saints

what you guys think?

I think you're being generous with 9-8. I see us more as a 7-10 or 6-11 team, with the downside of potentially being a 4 win team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think you're being generous with 9-8. I see us more as a 7-10 or 6-11 team, with the downside of potentially being a 4 win team. 

yeaaa maybe

if we split the falcons and panthers thatd be 7-10

but our schedule is so cake 😂 if we had a competent QB we could easily win this division

Honestly - if Baker and/or Trask absolutely are complete trash - 3-4 win team. If Baker is up and down - 6-7 win team. Above average 9-10 win team. 

Literally this is a favorable schedule. 6 games against the south - Atlanta has nothing at QB i feel. Panthers and Bryce young - depends how nfl ready the kid is. New Orleans? Depends how Carr plays but their defense will still be a dominate unit with some weapons on offense. 

First two games are absolutely winnable. vikings aren't that strong in my opninion and the bears are still TBD and young. 

Winnable games outside the division: Vikings, Bears, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Texans: My prediction: won't say who we beat/lose to, but these should all be close/winnable scenarios - Prediction: 3-3 

Probably a safe bet to put an L: Niners; Eagles, Packers (lambeu in december w/out TB12), Bills, Lions. 0-5

Divisional prediction: 3-3 : I don't think the south is that strong and honestly we should sweep the Panthers with a split with the saints. My money is on Carolina winning the South. 

Overall - 6-11 ; not good enough for the #1 pick and probably out of the Drake May sweepstakes as well. 

The bucs want to run the football but didn't add a solid second option this offseason to compliment White. I think Baker is going to be more up and down. Theres potential for him to be above average - whether or not he hits that, remains to be seen. Will know more in TC how him and Trask are performing. 

• 3 months later...

The Lions game will be the game where the Creamsicle uniforms are worn.

With my proposal for ABC's exclusive NFL broadcasts to be modeled on 90s MNF broadcasts, these uniforms would thus be appropriate for such games since they were used through 1996. The Creamsicle uniforms last appeared on ABC, however,  in 1983 (a blacked out home game against Green Bay); the Bucs were never on MNF during the Frank/Al/Dan era, a product of having 14 consecutive losing seasons from 1983-96.

• Like 1

Baker has looked sharp but the depth behind a lot of units concerns me. Davis/Winfield/Neal/Dean are probably a top 12 unit in terms of starters in the secondary. But the depth is bleak and we seem to get hit with injuries back there. 

I think the strongest unit is the front 7 - starters and depth. Not saying it's elite, but Gaines, Gholston, and O'connor are solid depth DL behind the starting guys. At edge, you have Nelson and Diaby as well as Dennis and Britt to back up the starters. Wondering if we keep a 5th ILB and edge rusher? 

I think if healthy, the defense will be a top 12 unit, possibly better. 

Offensively, I don't know. Canales scheme mixes in boot legs and quick read/release throws to help the OL. Having 3 new starters (Goedeke to RT is new), this will be necessary. I think the run game is going to struggle. I can see Bowles talking to Licht about trading a 3rd for Jonathon Taylor. Nothing against White, but there isn't much behind him and you need atleast 2 guys who can carry the load back there. We dont know if we have 1. 

Im starting to think if this team holds up and stays mostly healthy, we can win 6-8 games this year in this weaker division. 

I would mostly prefer we either tank lol or hope Baker be's the franchise guy. I am not a fan of the in-between especially heading into a draft where there might be 3 top QB's that can be had in the top 6. 

39 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Baker has looked sharp but the depth behind a lot of units concerns me. Davis/Winfield/Neal/Dean are probably a top 12 unit in terms of starters in the secondary. But the depth is bleak and we seem to get hit with injuries back there. 

I think the strongest unit is the front 7 - starters and depth. Not saying it's elite, but Gaines, Gholston, and O'connor are solid depth DL behind the starting guys. At edge, you have Nelson and Diaby as well as Dennis and Britt to back up the starters. Wondering if we keep a 5th ILB and edge rusher? 

I think if healthy, the defense will be a top 12 unit, possibly better. 

Offensively, I don't know. Canales scheme mixes in boot legs and quick read/release throws to help the OL. Having 3 new starters (Goedeke to RT is new), this will be necessary. I think the run game is going to struggle. I can see Bowles talking to Licht about trading a 3rd for Jonathon Taylor. Nothing against White, but there isn't much behind him and you need atleast 2 guys who can carry the load back there. We dont know if we have 1. 

Im starting to think if this team holds up and stays mostly healthy, we can win 6-8 games this year in this weaker division. 

I would mostly prefer we either tank lol or hope Baker be's the franchise guy. I am not a fan of the in-between especially heading into a draft where there might be 3 top QB's that can be had in the top 6. 

6-8 wins is a good bet imo

im worried about the OL , Jensen is killing us and Goedeke is just well he is what he is

also worried about NCB, Izien is so raw its crazy that hes in line to start

On 8/28/2023 at 10:48 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

6-8 wins is a good bet imo

im worried about the OL , Jensen is killing us and Goedeke is just well he is what he is

also worried about NCB, Izien is so raw its crazy that hes in line to start

I think Canales scheme will get the ball out quickly, but I don't know how the run game will hold up. I will reserve judgement on Goedeke until mid year but right now I am not confident he can play RT either. We still dont even know if Wirfs can play LT lol. The way Pewter Report evaluated the first round pick, if Kancy didn't slip to us, the Harrison kid from Oklahoma was going to be the pick. 

Jensen's decision to not get surgery last summer most likely is the cause of why he won't play this year. I thought Hainsey was solid. 

On 8/30/2023 at 12:49 PM, RedandPewterReturns said:

The way Pewter Report evaluated the first round pick, if Kancy didn't slip to us, the Harrison kid from Oklahoma was going to be the pick. 

Jensen's decision to not get surgery last summer most likely is the cause of why he won't play this year. I thought Hainsey was solid. 

Harrison has looked good in preseason too...
might regret this one looking back but i do think Kancey will surprise this year 

we'll have to wait and see

Hainsey is decent but Jensen is one of the best in the league, should have just ******* got the surgery last year smh that whole injury saga was the dumbest one I've seen in quite some time

On 9/1/2023 at 8:05 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Harrison has looked good in preseason too...
might regret this one looking back but i do think Kancey will surprise this year 

we'll have to wait and see

Hainsey is decent but Jensen is one of the best in the league, should have just ******* got the surgery last year smh that whole injury saga was the dumbest one I've seen in quite some time

yep, that cost him 2 years , instead of one. So many delusional last year not seeing Tom was done after the Pittsburgh game. 

Kancey - I get it. They had him rated very high on their board, and it wasn't as if DL wasn't also a need. They must've saw something in Goedeke that they were comfortable to move forward with their plan to move Wirfs and Goedeke. Its almost as if you have 4 new starters on OL with Wirfs and Goedeke playing new positions. 

• 3 months later...