Around the NFC East

turtle28

If the fully guaranteed money is mostly in the first 2 or 3 years that's a pretty good deal. Could get out of that without a lot of cap damage if it came to that after those early years.

Example; if Roethlisberger retires after this year (and he's already talked about it) Steelers take on $12.4M in dead money but get $17M back in cap space and they don't get any more cap space if he retires after the 2018 season (although less dead money). Signed his 5 year deal in 2015.

It's weird to see Eagles fans complaining about other teams fans making fun of the Wentz injury when they all did the same to RG3 when he tore his knee up. 

With that said, Wentz is a great kid. He genuinely seems like a wonderful human being and I wish him all the best. If it is a tear I hope for a speedy and 100% recovery. Even though he's an eagle, I actually enjoy watching him play. Sort of like the old McNabb days where he was just a fun player to watch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It's weird to see Eagles fans complaining about other teams fans making fun of the Wentz injury when they all did the same to RG3 when he tore his knee up. 

With that said, Wentz is a great kid. He genuinely seems like a wonderful human being and I wish him all the best. If it is a tear I hope for a speedy and 100% recovery. Even though he's an eagle, I actually enjoy watching him play. Sort of like the old McNabb days where he was just a fun player to watch. 

Yeah, not a fan of his team, but I am of him.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude wentz is amazing I can't believe how the eagles find qbs so easily 

like it went from Mcnabb to Vick to foles and now wentz who could be there best qb of all time if he keeps playing the way he is now

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

There's bad people in every fan base. 

It wasn't just Eagles fans making fun of RG3, it was pretty much every other fan base.

• Like 3

It completely sucks to lose you ace especially at this point of the season and certainly irreplaceable. But the Eagles are already in the playoffs, they have the #2 rushing team besides the #1 passing team and a top tier defense so not all hope is lost. You'd like to be on a roll going into the playoffs (very doable); you want a first round bye (again very doable); and if anyway possible get Wentz back. Still have a few weeks to go to see what Foles can bring without the pressure of getting into the playoffs so anything can happen.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:59 PM, SeattleSkin said:

It completely sucks to lose you ace especially at this point of the season and certainly irreplaceable. But the Eagles are already in the playoffs, they have the #2 rushing team besides the #1 passing team and a top tier defense so not all hope is lost. You'd like to be on a roll going into the playoffs (very doable); you want a first round bye (again very doable); and if anyway possible get Wentz back. Still have a few weeks to go to see what Foles can bring without the pressure of getting into the playoffs so anything can happen.

They’re done! The main reason the eagles beat us twice this season was because we couldn’t sack Wentz when we had him in the grasp a handful of times. Wentz broke those tackles and he’d hit a man wide open downfield or run for a 1st down. Foles can’t do that. 

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They’re done! The main reason the eagles beat us twice this season was because we couldn’t sack Wentz when we had him in the grasp a handful of times. Wentz broke those tackles and he’d hit a man wide open downfield or run for a 1st down. Foles can’t do that. 

I like Nick Foles a lot but yeah, I agree. I can't see them going far after this. Wentz was having an incredible season. They'll be right back in it next year though so they'll be fine. They're going to get a Lombardi from Wentz at some point. The Eagles fans pain will end in the next five years I bet.