Around the NFC East

turtle28

‪Cowboys' Lucky Whitehead arrested, warrant issued for shoplifting 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/24/cowboys-lucky-whitehead-arrested-warrant-issued-for-shoplifting/ via @ProFootballTalk‬

I also read thsg the Eagles are once again in the search for corners because they cut Grantz. Greg Toler is available, isn't he? Sure wouldn't mind seeing kirk burn him next year. 

So this Lucky Whitehead PR thing is a mess for the Cowboys and it's hilarious! ?

Im glad both Whitehead and Devin Street ended up out of the division, not that they're anything special but they were young WRs with some talent that the Cowboys could have developed.

Now they're both on the Jets which is interesting. It wouldn't shock me to see each of them get a lot of playing time. Street as the #2 or 3, Whitehead in the slot.

http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphia-eagles/post/_/id/21539/are-jordan-matthews-days-with-the-eagles-numbered

"This has been a curious development to watch. Matthews has been a highly productive player since being selected 42nd overall in 2014. He ranks first in receptions (225) and third in receiving yards (2,673) among all-time Eagles in their first three years, and is one of only five players in NFL history with 65-plus receptions and 800-plus receiving yards in each of their first three seasons. The other four? Randy Moss, Odell Beckham Jr.Mike Evans and A.J. Green. Not bad. Still, there's an odd vibe when it comes to the Eagles and Matthews right now, and it seems fair to wonder whether he is in their long-term plans.

The first factor that needs to be looked at is his contract. Matthews is in the final year of his rookie deal and is scheduled to make a base salary of about $1.1 million. It does not appear that there have been any substantive extension talks to this point. That's telling within itself.

Executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman has a history of re-upping homegrown players early if they have been identified as part of the core. That's not to say the team doesn't value those who are not immediately locked in. Like with defensive tackle Bennie Logan, who was lost to the Kansas City Chiefs in free agency this year, they're more willing to expose those players to the open market and walk away if the price gets out of their comfort zone."

I, for one, would be thrilled to see Matthews walk. I don't see Jeffery re-signing in Philly, so losing their top two wideouts would be a great turn of events since the drop off to the next best is a substantial step down (no, I don't think much of Torrey Smith or Nelson Agholor).

28 minutes ago, Woz said:

I, for one, would be thrilled to see Matthews walk. I don't see Jeffery re-signing in Philly, so losing their top two wideouts would be a great turn of events since the drop off to the next best is a substantial step down (no, I don't think much of Torrey Smith or Nelson Agholor).

Most Eagles fans (myself included) really like Matthews but we've seen what he is for 3 years now. He's a possession WR, that makes his living on volume rather than explosive play. He also struggles with easy drops, which have plagued the Eagles WR corp as a whole for years at this point. 

His YPC has gone down every season to a meager 11.0 last year.

That article mentions him in the same breath as elite WR's like Moss, Evans, OBJ and AJ Green but their numbers are FAR greater than what Matthews has produced, so that line is misleading. 

He is what he is, a solid #2 or 3 receiver in this league. If he hopes to be paid like a star player there's no doubt he'll have to get it somewhere other than Philly.

Cowboys acknowledge Tyrone Crawford's injury looks like a "scary one"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/08/cowboys-acknowledge-tyrone-crawfords-injury-looks-like-a-scary-one/ via @ProFootballTalk

Tyrone Crawford carted off in Dallas

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/08/tyrone-crawford-carted-off-in-dallas/ via @ProFootballTalk

I saw this morning that Crawford's ankle injury isn't as serious as it looked, it's just a lateral sprain.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/8/2017 at 5:04 PM, turtle28 said:

So, I have question, why in the world has Eli Manning not been suspended for being part of a scam to sell unauthentic game worn merchandise to people?

Because it isn't against the rules of the game, and it isn't damaging the shield as much as say beating your wife?