Around the NFC East

turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Listening to Romo bash the Redskins is the most hilarious thing ever. "They've already beat Washington, they should beat them again." The Redskins are going to crush the cowboys in their next match up. The Redskins could easily be 7-3 or 6-4. Romo is clueless dismissing the Redskins like they're a scrub team. 

lol let's not say he's clueless the cowboys that first game did run up our throats .

but without Elliot the cowboys are way worst .

and fact is we play better on the road . Skins have to win 5 or 6 games now tho to be considered a playoff contender .

rams or panthers possibly might choke there postion 

8 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

lol let's not say he's clueless the cowboys that first game did run up our throats .

but without Elliot the cowboys are way worst .

and fact is we play better on the road . Skins have to win 5 or 6 games now tho to be considered a playoff contender .

rams or panthers possibly might choke there postion 

So what? The Redskins, with the exception of the Vikings and second Eagles game, have basically had a chance to win every game they've played. They aren't pushovers and I'd argue they're better than Dallas. 

• Like 2

Just now, MKnight82 said:

They could draft a LT in the top 5, steal Cousins in free agency, get OBJ back and that offense would be deadly.  

They probably need more than just a LT, even if they move Flowers to RT. Richburg and Pugh are also free agents this offseason.

So the Giants are starting Smith but how about getting some receivers for any of their QBs to throw to? 

Ben Roethlisberger has talked about retirement before and said there's still a chance that 2017 might be his last year. If the Steelers make the Super Bowl this year maybe he will. I could see Kirk as a very good fit in Pittsburgh.

link: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/28/steelers-ben-roethlisberger-retirement-possibility

What's the Giants cap situation?

i hate to say it but I don't see kirk coming back . It'd come down to money for kirk let's face it we might offer around 112 millions or whatever but teams like the browns and Jaguars can take that up to 170-200 mil if possible 

that's a huge difference espically with the Jaguars who can be Super Bowl contenders with a qb .

the Giants could be an option for kirk if they found a way to give him the money he wants 

Our qb choices 

mccown( maybe if he doesn't retire this year )

eli manning

alex smith

kap 

teddy bridgewater or Keenum

if I was honest with you guys we are better off drafting a qb and using the money from what Kirk would of gotten  and just flat out resign our important players such as zach brown/Breeland/ Trent Murphy / and Crowder .

we use that money to sign an wide receiver and just draft an qb and RB with our first two picks .

heck RB is to be determined side Perine is playing better .

20 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

What's the Giants cap situation?

i hate to say it but I don't see kirk coming back . It'd come down to money for kirk let's face it we might offer around 112 millions or whatever but teams like the browns and Jaguars can take that up to 170-200 mil if possible 

that's a huge difference espically with the Jaguars who can be Super Bowl contenders with a qb .

the Giants could be an option for kirk if they found a way to give him the money he wants 

Cap space currently is about $3 million. Projected next year based on current contracts is around $30 million.

If they waive/trade Eli prior to June 1, 2018 they get around $10M in cap savings but eat $12.4M in Dead Money. Post Jun1 or a June 1 designee it's $16M back to the cap with $6.2 M dead $.

Problem with the post June 1/Jun 1 designee option is that you don't get to use that money until after June 1st so not a whole lot of good. Basically that contract stays on the cap as though he was still with the team until then.

link: https://overthecap.com/player/eli-manning/865/

• Like 1

I feel like Kirk cousins more about the bread than about the ring . I don't blame him... ego aside even if he wins a ring that doesn't compare to the extra 30-60 million he could get from the browns or Jaguars or hell the chiefs .

i think we will barley improve our offer and stand by it . Kirk doesn't wanna be here why would he ! Radio and fans we been inconsistent with him and DC could be overwhelming him.

1 hour ago, SeattleSkin said:

Cap space currently is about $3 million. Projected next year based on current contracts is around $30 million.

If they waive/trade Eli prior to June 1, 2018 they get around $10M in cap savings but eat $12.4M in Dead Money. Post Jun1 or a June 1 designee it's $16M back to the cap with $6.2 M dead $.

Problem with the post June 1/Jun 1 designee option is that you don't get to use that money until after June 1st so not a whole lot of good. Basically that contract stays on the cap as though he was still with the team until then.

link: https://overthecap.com/player/eli-manning/865/

I see Eli being gone the browns wouldn't be a bad option for him if Peyton. The GM.

or Eli very well retires I mean two Super Bowl rings what else would he play for .

• Like 1