turtle28

Around the NFC East

I think everyone can stop with the silly notion that Cleveland won’t be picking Barkley so the Giants can.

I am supremely glad that Jason Witten has decided to start the clock on his inevitable entry into the Hall of Fame.

I wonder if the Cowboys knew that he was thinking of bailing when they cut Bryant.

Discussion can be found here:

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I am supremely glad that Jason Witten has decided to start the clock on his inevitable entry into the Hall of Fame.

I wonder if the Cowboys knew that he was thinking of bailing when they cut Bryant.

Discussion can be found here:

Thank goodness...

Posted (edited)

It’s a dream come true that Witten is retiring. Losing Witten and Dez is going to hurt Dak and Dallas’s passing offense a lot and Witten was a great run blocker for Zeke. He’s a huge loss for their offense and as a team leader.

Edited by turtle28

Sources: Cowboys DT Collins needs foot surgery

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23466176

It will require Collins to undergo surgery on his left foot for the second time in four months to repair the fractured fifth metatarsal, per Todd Archer of ESPN.

Collins’s injury might increase the Cowboys’ interest in free agent defensive tackle Terrell McClain, who visited Thursday but has one more visit to take.

In his rookie season of 2016, Collins broke his right foot during the first week of OTAs. He underwent surgery and missed three months, though he returned in time for the regular season.

Cowboys' Terrance Williams arrested

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/19/cowboys-terrance-williams-arrested/ via @ProFootballTalk

The Star-Telegram reports that police responded to a call of a vehicle accident at 4:45 a.m. near the Cowboys’ headquarters and found a 2017 Lamborghini had struck a light pole, and the driver had fled the scene.

Police ran the plate and found that the Lamborghini was registered to Williams. Police later located him riding an electric bicycle in a roadway, and when they stopped him they arrested him for public intoxication. The traffic accident is still being investigated and Williams has not been charged for that.

Williams is currently not practicing during the Cowboys’ offseason program as he recovers from a foot injury.

Edited by turtle28