Around the NFC East

turtle28

Just now, bigdog44 said:
15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I would’ve loved to see a DL of Allen, Payne and Williams.

Doubt both Payne and Allen would have been drafted had we selected Williams although it’s a pretty awesome thought.

Well, the Redskins drafted a linebacker in the second round three times between 2014-2017, so it's not impossible.

10 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

since Gettleman and the new regime didn’t bring him in, his benching/release can’t be too far away. At this point he’s non-competitive. That said I hope they sign him to a loooong term extension. You think we’re hard on Luvuao? You have to hear the Giant fans up here get on Flowers. It’s hilarious. Giant fans would make that trade and stick Luvuao at tackle in a heartbeat

Oh, Flowers is outright LOATHED by Giants' fans.

3 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Doubt both Payne and Allen would have been drafted had we selected Williams although it’s a pretty awesome thought.

As far as the Giants line, I watched most of that game because I love Jax’s D and Skins started at 4. Calais Campbell, Ngakoue and crew could make even good lines look bad. The Giants just added a bunch of pieces and we all know that it takes time to gel. As far as Flowers, forget about money I just can’t believe 2 things  1) That they even brought him back. 

2) They couldn’t find anyone that could beat him out in camp

since Gettleman and the new regime didn’t bring him in, his benching/release can’t be too far away. At this point he’s non-competitive. That said I hope they sign him to a loooong term extension. You think we’re hard on Luvuao? You have to hear the Giant fans up here get on Flowers. It’s hilarious. Giant fans would make that trade and stick Luvuao at tackle in a heartbeat

I don’t think the Redskins front office would’ve passed on Jonathan Allen last year, even if Leonard Williams had been drafted #5 instead of Scherff. Jon Allen was a top 5 talent who fell into our laps at 17, I don’t think they pass on him. They still would’ve needed an upgrade at one DE positon last year, even if Leonard Williams was on our team.

Also, Payne is a NT. The Redskins have needed a NT since Barry Cofield got hurt and was released after the season in 2014 and arguably/IMO Cofield should’ve been playing 3-4 DE from 2011-2014 and the Redskins should’ve drafted or signed a bigger player to play NT in those years.

So, I think the Redskins would’ve still taken Allen and Payne the last two years in round 1 because they needed both of them - even if LWill was drafted in 2015 - and their talent was too good to pass up when we picked.

On 9/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, Woz said:

It's not so much what he likes as what the sponsors/advertisers like/demand. No sponsors -> no FF.

Not entirely true. The ads that he has are typically coming from a media company, but if those go away, Google Ads still post. He just wont make AS much. 

That being said, Thai told me about it this morning and I will faithfully and undoubtedly will comply. 

• Like 3

On 9/11/2018 at 9:22 PM, mike23md said:

Not entirely true. The ads that he has are typically coming from a media company, but if those go away, Google Ads still post. He just wont make AS much. 

That being said, Thai told me about it this morning and I will faithfully and undoubtedly will comply. 

Much appreciated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Thank the lord, AKA Carson.

I hate to say it, but we’ve all seen this movie before with QBs coming off ACL surgeries. They just aren’t the same their first year back and they’re tentative trusting their knee and their balance in throwing with defenders coming at them and trash at their feet is not right. I hope you’re not expecting him to be 2017 October and November right away because I think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I hate to say it, but we’ve all seen this movie before with QBs coming off ACL surgeries. They just aren’t the same their first year back and they’re tentative trusting their knee and their balance in throwing with defenders coming at them and trash at their feet is not right. I hope you’re not expecting him to be 2017 October and November right away because I think you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Nah but I still expect him to be the best QB in the division. (Not a high bar)