Around the NFC East

turtle28

2 hours ago, Woz said:

On the bolded point, fair enough.

And I know you're right about how far the Giants were and how ... shall we say ... overly optimistic their fanbase was that they were turning the ship this year.

Have to say I can’t blame them for the optimism. Odell back healthy. O line was completely revamped although no one up here was talking about them needing time to gel. Then drafting Saquon, and even Lorenzo Carter who I was high on but he’s doing next to nothing. New system with Shurmur although it’s still west coast. Worst mistake the Giants made was firing Gilbride before McAdoo was brought in as OC. At the time it was personnel, not scheme that was the problem. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Have to say I can’t blame them for the optimism. Odell back healthy. O line was completely revamped although no one up here was talking about them needing time to gel. Then drafting Saquon, and even Lorenzo Carter who I was high on but he’s doing next to nothing. New system with Shurmur although it’s still west coast. Worst mistake the Giants made was firing Gilbride before McAdoo was brought in as OC. At the time it was personnel, not scheme that was the problem. 

Changing the defensive scheme was an issue. A lot of people overlooked it bc they had a NT - snacks - but it still was a change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and making Vernon into a stand up rush OLB which, he had never done before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Changing the defensive scheme was an issue. A lot of people overlooked it bc they had a NT - snacks - but it still was a change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and making Vernon into a stand up rush OLB which, he had never done before.

100 percent agree. I always thought Vernon benefited from playing opposite Cam Wake during his best years. JPP had no business in a 3-4 either. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

100 percent agree. I always thought Vernon benefited from playing opposite Cam Wake during his best years. JPP had no business in a 3-4 either. 

JPP was traded to the Bucs. He isn’t playing for the Giants this year. Which, I think has been a major issue with their D. Vernon missed time to start the season with injury, they didn’t have JPP and Lorenzo Carter wasn’t strong enough or ready to play 3-4 OLB on the NFL level. This exposed their secondary bc team had a lot of time to throw.

Edited by turtle28

Eagles lose a fumble and Jason Kelce and lane Johnson injured on first drive. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/eagles-lose-a-fumble-and-two-offensive-linemen-on-first-drive/ via @ProFootballTalk

Eagles loose Jason Peters to a concussion and Lane Johnson to a knee injury 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/eagles-tie-the-game-but-lose-both-starting-offensive-tackles/

Edited by turtle28

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Report: Carson Wentz has fracture in back, will not need surgery

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/13/report-carson-wentz-has-fracture-in-back-will-not-need-surgery/ via @ProFootballTalk

This is my fault. The team I drafted for my wife for her company league (she won it all 2 years ago) 2 years ago was the 3rd year in a row she won it all. But she/we have been snakebit since. How snakebit? Injuries and other stuff. Like last year two separate players getting ejected for fighting (one of them was AJ Green in 2017 who cost us a game and a better seed in the playoffs which led to us not going to the championship).

But here is who she had on her team this year.

AJ Green

Greg Olsen

Delanie Walker

Kareem Hunt

Carson Wentz

Alex Smith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Nlt a good sign for the NFC East. I hate to say this but I wish we were the Cowboys right now!

Maybe not ... but it will be interesting what happens to their roster in the next couple of years as those guys become eligible for free agency.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...