Around the NFC East

turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cooper hasn't exactly been the model of consistency either. He had a good 2016, awful 2017 where he was one of the leaders in drops and half of a good year in 2018. Let's see what what Cooper does this year. Seems to me that judging by his track record he's due for a down year.

Ok Turtle. Seems like your wishing for a down year more so than him actually having one, but whatever. This is the same guy you would have been elated had the Skins got their hands on him his draft year. 

Once him and Dak got on the same page, you cant deny that offense went to another level. He proved to be a hell of a difference maker/play maker and if I can give that to my QB I'm gonna do it. Yes I WOULD pay Dak and Cooper b4 I paid Elliott. Morris and alot of other RB's would fill in just fine behind that Oline and play making ability of Cooper in that offense IMO. 

Edited by Skins212689

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok Turtle. Seems like your wishing for a down year more so than him actually having one, but whatever. This is the same guy you would have been elated had the Skins got their hands on him his draft year. 

Once him and Dak got on the same page, you cant deny that offense went to another level. He proved to be a hell of a difference maker/play maker and if I can give that to my QB I'm gonna do it. Yes I WOULD pay Dak and Cooper b4 I paid Elliott. Morris and alot of other RB's would fill in just fine behind that Oline and play making ability of Cooper in that offense IMO. 

Look at Cooper’s game logs from last year too. He’s certainly shown more than Doctson but two things:

1. He’s been in the league a year longer and he didn’t have an injury that cost him a season.

2. He had more consistent QB play last year than Doctson did and it’s true that Copper has been inconsistent week to week and year to year his entire career as well. 

3. This year is huge for Cooper to prove that he can be more consistent and worth a contract as big as Mike Thomas’ or close to it.

Cooper has shown flashes of having monster games in his career like in week 12 vs the Redskins last year and in week 14vs the Eagles.

• Vs the Redskins he had 8 rec, 180 yds and 2 TDs, mostly thanks to crappy tackling in the secondary 

• Vs the Eagles he had 10 recs, 217 yds and 3 TDs.

That’s 5 of his 7 TDs and 379 yards of his 1,005 yards for the season in just two games.

Again, most of the rest of the season he was good, but not great or average or worse.

I think Cooper has to show a lot more consistency before I’d give him Michael Thomas type money.

And if Doctson goes out and has a great season, I’d be more inclined to re-sign him bc he won't cost as much as Cooper but Doctson has prove be can do it.

Edited by turtle28

On 8/1/2019 at 7:49 AM, MikeT14 said:

I still hope they pay Dak a lot of money. Would be great to handicap that team for a long time. 

Between Dakota, EE, Cooper, T Smith and Martin, they're going to have a lot of big money tied up on offense, and at positions where they may not afford it down the road (looking at RB and OG, and overpaying for a QB.)  Only good news for the rest of the division. 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2019 at 10:00 PM, Skins212689 said:

Of course I'd take him and I'd love to get him off the cowboys bc he does have big game ability - just saying he isn't  always consistent - ofourse I wanted him from the raiders but in retrospect if we did that we wouldn't have Haskins and I'd take Haskins.

Edited by turtle28

Amari Cooper missing practice with foot injury

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/13/amari-cooper-missing-practice-with-foot-injury/ via @ProFootballTalk

Cooper injured his foot 10 days ago and has missed six consecutive practices, Ed Werder of ESPN reports. However, the team does not believe it will be a long-term injury.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, turtle28 said:

Yes! Now the era has entered where the Eagles won’t have Wentz on a rookie deal and they won’t have what seems like endless cap space to sign players every year!

Howie will still find a way, it'll be a little bit tighter, but he can manipulate the cap like no other.