Around the NFC East

turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Good, so we can wait a round to take a WR and take the Best LT in round 1.

And lmao at Haskins or any QB doesn't need good do great blocking on the outside.

Hello? It's a passing league as you said and if you don't have your QB protected, you can't pass the ball, especially a young QB.

No 2nd round pick.  And no player in Jeudy's stratosphere will be available in the 3rd round or later.

How many QB's in the league have "great" blocking on the outside?  I'd rather have average blocking at OT and great interior blocking for a QB like Haskins.

10 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't want a OLinemen in the top 5 like we did with Scherff! Some good OLinemen fail into the 2nd round of last years draft I would hope for the samething in the 2020 draft. 

Taking an OL in the top 5 depends. With the OL we have now I certainly would entertain an OL over a WR all day long. I am a firm believer in games  are won at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Throwing the ball deep requires the OL to provide good pass protection. Establishing a RG requires  decent or good OL and  anything happening in the back end of the defense is heavily effected by what’s going on up front. Now there some more but basically all of this goes hand in hand b/c if you are controlling the LOS on the Offensive side, that's helps the D rest and keep them on the sideline. So drafting a safety, cb, WR etc will not make a big difference until we address the LOS on both sides. I believe we have somewhat addressed that on the DL. We just need to keep building off of that. This is exactly what upsets me about Gruden and Allen. They been here 5 yrs now and they  still don't get it. Gibbs quickly learned his first yr he was here and these BOYS down here in BIG D they get it.

Now this just my opinion however if we draft a WR etc in the 1st rd in next yr draft we better draft some good quality  OL some were down the line. Like I said most of what is happening on the back end of a DEF is directly linked by what’s happening up front.

6 hours ago, Woz said:

I'm just curious ... how did the Jeudy v. Young debate end up in "Around the NFC East?"

It came out of the discussion of the Cowboys somehow and how important it was to pay each player they have who need a contract. The question was asked should we sign Cooper if the Cowboys can't or do we draft Jeudy? I'd like to sign Cooper (if he's a free agent) & draft Thomas, if you do that then you address bothproblems.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

Taking an OL in the top 5 depends. With the OL we have now I certainly would entertain an OL over a WR all day long. I am a firm believer in games  are won at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Throwing the ball deep requires the OL to provide good pass protection. Establishing a RG requires  decent or good OL and  anything happening in the back end of the defense is heavily effected by what’s going on up front. Now there some more but basically all of this goes hand in hand b/c if you are controlling the LOS on the Offensive side, that's helps the D rest and keep them on the sideline. So drafting a safety, cb, WR etc will not make a big difference until we address the LOS on both sides. I believe we have somewhat addressed that on the DL. We just need to keep building off of that. This is exactly what upsets me about Gruden and Allen. They been here 5 yrs now and they  still don't get it. Gibbs quickly learned his first yr he was here and these BOYS down here in BIG D they get it.

Now this just my opinion however if we draft a WR etc in the 1st rd in next yr draft we better draft some good quality  OL some were down the line. Like I said most of what is happening on the back end of a DEF is directly linked by what’s happening up front.

I hate to defend Allen, but he was in the front office when Shanahan drafted Trent Williams, he did draft Moses and Spencer long in 2014, hired McCloughan who drafted Scherff and Allen/Gruden drafted our starting center Roullier. What has Allen & Gruden done to address the defensive line? Well, I give you Allen, Payne, Ioannidis and Settle.

So the comment that we haven't addressed the OL/DL this decade is not true.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It came out of the discussion of the Cowboys somehow and how important it was to pay each player they have who need a contract. The question was asked should we sign Cooper if the Cowboys can't or do we draft Jeudy? I'd like to sign Cooper (if he's a free agent) & draft Thomas, if you do that then you address bothproblems.

It was more a rhetorical question/oblique statement saying "this belongs in another thread" :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd personally like to see what Christian looks like with the starting group before he's just considered a wasted pick or backup. 

I’m hoping that this preseason he just looked rusty bc he was coming off his knee injury and he missed most of the offseason but he didn’t look as good as I had hoped. He still has work to do with his technique. He’s definitely athletic enough to be a good OT in the league but he’s got more developing to do.

On 9/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, turtle28 said:

I hate to defend Allen, but he was in the front office when Shanahan drafted Trent Williams, he did draft Moses and Spencer long in 2014, hired McCloughan who drafted Scherff and Allen/Gruden drafted our starting center Roullier. What has Allen & Gruden done to address the defensive line? Well, I give you Allen, Payne, Ioannidis and Settle.

So the comment that we haven't addressed the OL/DL this decade is not true.

You can spin it however you want. The Game today vs Eagles exemplifies my point. It like night and day. We control the LOS in the first half and the Eagles  kicked our *** in the second qtr. It's just that simple. The OL sucked in the 2nd half, bad news for the Off.