Around the NFC East

turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They Giants will probably draft Andrew Thomas or Jerry Jeudy and move Solder to RT to solidify their OL. Daniel Jokes is pretty accurate, his issue was more fumbles last year than anything.

I’d put a Thomas pick for the Giants at 50/50. This is Gettlemans 3rd trip to the top 6 of the draft and I have a hard time believing he don’t go defense with at least 1 of those picks. Their secondary and pass rush are worse than ours. Judge Joe is familiar with Solder and I’m curious to see who they bring in to coach the OL. Mission 1 might be to get Solder fixed 

23 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I’d put a Thomas pick for the Giants at 50/50. This is Gettlemans 3rd trip to the top 6 of the draft and I have a hard time believing he don’t go defense with at least 1 of those picks. Their secondary and pass rush are worse than ours. Judge Joe is familiar with Solder and I’m curious to see who they bring in to coach the OL. Mission 1 might be to get Solder fixed 

For sure, but I don't know that there's a player worth taking in the top 5 on D that will be available if Okudah goes to the Lions - which I expect. Perhaps they trade back a little, but if they did they’d be passing on their possible LT or #1 WR for the next decade, which isn't smart either when you just took a Qb top 10 last year.

They can sign a corner like Bradberry - if we don't - the can sign a WILB & an OLB too to go opposite Lorenzo Carter, and a FS or draft those positions after round 1.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

For sure, but I don't know that there's a player worth taking in the top 5 on D that will be available if Okudah goes to the Lions - which I expect. Perhaps they trade back a little, but if they did they’d be passing on their possible LT or #1 WR for the next decade, which isn't smart either when you just took a Qb top 10 last year.

They can sign a corner like Bradberry - if we don't - the can sign a WILB & an OLB too to go opposite Lorenzo Carter, and a FS or draft those positions after round 1.

There’s plenty of folks who love Derek Brown or Isaiah Simmons in the 4-10 range. We’ll see as the senior bowl and combine come and go. Like us they need a lot. 

Edited by bigdog44

28 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

There’s plenty of folks who love Derek Brown or Isaiah Simmons in the 4-10 range. We’ll see as the senior bowl and combine come and go. Like us they need a lot. 

Weirdly, I haven’t watched much Isaiah Simmons yet, despite him being on one of the best teams in the country for his entire career, but I’ve been very impressed by Derrick Brown. Very disruptive player. Kinda reminds me of watching Jeffery Simmons from Miss State last year, just always creating problems behind the line in the middle of the field. 

EDIT: Don’t really see the Giants being in on him, given what they’ve invested recently at the DT position, but I think he’s a good player. I think the Giants are going to take Jeudy personally, but that’s just me. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

Weirdly, I haven’t watched much Isaiah Simmons yet, despite him being on one of the best teams in the country for his entire career, but I’ve been very impressed by Derrick Brown. Very disruptive player. Kinda reminds me of watching Jeffery Simmons from Miss State last year, just always creating problems behind the line in the middle of the field. 

Brown was absolutely dominant in the iron bowl. I came away very impressed 

Simmons I’ve only seen in the playoff game last week. He made some plays showing range at safety and made some stops in the run game. He almost seems too tall to play safety on Sundays though. If he added 15 pounds he could be a Thomas Davis, Urlacher type. 

6 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

They have defensive linemen for their 3-4, their issue is their OLBs, and back 7. They need 4 new players on D, but none is a defensive lineman (WILB, CB, SLOT & FS), they need a LT and WR much, much more and 3 of those players are all rated the same IMO. They traded and will probably re-sign Leonard Williams since they traded for him last year, they have Dalvin Tomlinson and last year drafted Dexter Lawrence.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

EDIT: Don’t really see the Giants being in on him, given what they’ve invested recently at the DT position, but I think he’s a good player. I think the Giants are going to take Jeudy personally, but that’s just me. 

Watch the OSU vs Clemson game, Isaiah Simmons was awesome in the game, all over in the run game and a great INT there he read Fields from the middle of the field, got over and made the Int, it was an incredible INT. He should go top 10 IMO but may not bc of of needs, but the talent is there.

I imagine he'll be all over the place during the national championship on Monday night that I'm still miffed didn't happen last Monday night.

6 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Brown was absolutely dominant in the iron bowl. I came away very impressed 

Simmons I’ve only seen in the playoff game last week. He made some plays showing range at safety and made some stops in the run game. He almost seems too tall to play safety on Sundays though. If he added 15 pounds he could be a Thomas Davis, Urlacher type. 

Too tall to play safety? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.  He could play WILB or safety, if he plays LB obviously he's closer to the line of scrimmage to make plays but at safety he has good range and instincts. Either way, he can read and make plays deep and as well he can cover TEs. He's a great prospect for either WLB or either S position. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone look at the Eagles LB corps in comparison to ours? We think our LB corps is bad look at theirs:

OLB: Nathan Gary, Alex Singleton

MLB: TJ Edwards 

OLB: Duke Riley, Jatavis Brown

Also, our LB corps are better than the Giants:

SILB: Ryan Connelly, Josiah Tauaefa

RILB: Blake Martinez, David Mayo, Nate Harvey 

Obviously Blake Martinez is established and the best LB out of the two teams but at their other LB prospect their best player currently is Ryan Connelly who didn’t finish his rookie season bc of a torn ACL and his rehab has been altered because of COVID-19.

• 1 month later...

Andy Dalton signed with tge Cowboys. Eww, I hate it. I was for sure he’d go to the Patriots bc they’re a decent qb away from still being a playoff team. If Dal gets hurt, the Cowboys still have a competent QB, I hate this.

Edited by turtle28

On 4/1/2020 at 11:47 PM, turtle28 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298cac1b617c7ca0a051

They really are digging deep on this one. I’m sure he will be good for atleast 6 weeks. 4 years is a long long time to miss. He fits in to what they generally like. All world talent with serious character concerns. Hopefully he sticks with his sobriety. But I also hope he does what Dallas does best. Look good on paper without matching results to talent.