turtle28

Around the NFC East

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Andy Dalton signed with tge Cowboys. Eww, I hate it. I was for sure he’d go to the Patriots bc they’re a decent qb away from still being a playoff team. If Dal gets hurt, the Cowboys still have a competent QB, I hate this.

We can only hope Dak gets every penny he’s holding out for. But this move makes me worry they will do the smart play and draft another and let him walk. Dalton can def come in and win in a pinch. But hopefully Dak gets his deal and cap straps this team for the foreseeable future. Too much money for 3 guys. Eventually their roster will start losing key depth. Can’t wait for Young and Sweat to help Dak feel really comfortable with nowhere to run and no time to throw. To many times he’s shined against lesser opponents it’s time he faces a Redskins D that makes him earn every yard. Can’t wait to start rattling him with 4.4 speed off the edge’s and a pocket he can no longer step up into with our dogs inside. The NFL needs the Redskins Dallas to be a battle again

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Image may contain: 9 people, possible text that says 'Jerry paid Andy Dalton before Dak'

Saw that earlier and busted out laughing. The longer they wait the more Dak costs. I’m okay with it Rake it all in Dak 50 mil per baby 😂😂😂

If you’re Dak, what are you thinking right now! That the organization don’t think you’re a franchise quarterback. This gives Dallas a little bit of leverage against Dak. When we get back to football this does not make for a happy locker room. 

They will sign DAK but he’s not Patrick. He’s gonna get paid. Dalton is a solid pickup for them 

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If you’re Dak, what are you thinking right now! That the organization don’t think you’re a franchise quarterback. This gives Dallas a little bit of leverage against Dak. When we get back to football this does not make for a happy locker room. 

I agree.  Jerry knows he's not getting younger, and he's got a lot of cap tied up in a lot of players.  I don't see how they can pay Dakota the money he wants and continue to field a competitive team over the duration of the contract without retooling on the fly.  

At the same time, I don't think Dalton is the answer either.  

8 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

They will sign DAK but he’s not Patrick. He’s gonna get paid. Dalton is a solid pickup for them 

They have a FUNNY way of showing it. 

Posted (edited)

The Cowboys gave Dalton a one year deal worth up to $7 million and only $3 million in guaranteed. It’s a contract similar to what Colt McCoy siged with the Redskins in 2018.

The Cowboys franchised Dak for $31.4 million, a nearly $30 million difference in salary, so it’s clear where their allegiances lie.

The Cowboys have also already offered Dak a contract that on avg would have paid him $33 million 33 and included $105 million in guaranteed money. I think he should have signed it, but he thinks he should be paid the most at the position in the NFL like Kirk did, which is his right, but I wouldn’t have turned down that offer. I question after this season - and with Lawrence & Fields getting drafted next year #1 & 2 - where else Dak would go and get that kind of contract in the NFL, maybe Chicago when they move on from Trubisky next year or if one of the 2nd or 3rd year QBs crap out but I think Dak is going to be the starting QB for the Cowboys for the rest of his career.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Eyes Blinking GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I love this! 1 of 2 things happens here:

1. They don't keep Dak on a LTD, they do what we did to Kirk. They franchise him this year, next year and then let him walk two years from now bc they don't want to pay him $35-45 mil a year.

2. They give him the $ and the rest of the team struggles. The Cowboys have had the luxury of having Dak on a 4th round salary for 4 years, we’ll see what happens when they can't keep some players in the next few years bc of that.

Edited by turtle28