Around the NFC East

turtle28

• 1 month later...

I am supremely glad that Jason Witten has decided to start the clock on his inevitable entry into the Hall of Fame.

I wonder if the Cowboys knew that he was thinking of bailing when they cut Bryant.

Discussion can be found here:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I am supremely glad that Jason Witten has decided to start the clock on his inevitable entry into the Hall of Fame.

I wonder if the Cowboys knew that he was thinking of bailing when they cut Bryant.

Discussion can be found here:

Thank goodness...

• Like 1

It’s a dream come true that Witten is retiring. Losing Witten and Dez is going to hurt Dak and Dallas’s passing offense a lot and Witten was a great run blocker for Zeke. He’s a huge loss for their offense and as a team leader.

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...

Sources: Cowboys DT Collins needs foot surgery

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23466176

It will require Collins to undergo surgery on his left foot for the second time in four months to repair the fractured fifth metatarsal, per Todd Archer of ESPN.

Collins’s injury might increase the Cowboys’ interest in free agent defensive tackle Terrell McClain, who visited Thursday but has one more visit to take.

In his rookie season of 2016, Collins broke his right foot during the first week of OTAs. He underwent surgery and missed three months, though he returned in time for the regular season.

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboys' Terrance Williams arrested

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/19/cowboys-terrance-williams-arrested/ via @ProFootballTalk

The Star-Telegram reports that police responded to a call of a vehicle accident at 4:45 a.m. near the Cowboys’ headquarters and found a 2017 Lamborghini had struck a light pole, and the driver had fled the scene.

Police ran the plate and found that the Lamborghini was registered to Williams. Police later located him riding an electric bicycle in a roadway, and when they stopped him they arrested him for public intoxication. The traffic accident is still being investigated and Williams has not been charged for that.

Williams is currently not practicing during the Cowboys’ offseason program as he recovers from a foot injury.

Edited by turtle28

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

David Irving suspended first four games for substance abuse

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/15/david-irving-suspended-first-four-games-for-substance-abuse/ via @ProFootballTalk

Substance abuse ,, so weed, alcohol?? Sheriff Gonna Getcha ! B|

Man,  Guess I'd have to walk in their shoes to understand this. Just seems like a no brainer to do what you need to do to stay on the field. It's your job !

46 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Substance abuse ,, so weed, alcohol?? Sheriff Gonna Getcha ! B|

Man,  Guess I'd have to walk in their shoes to understand this. Just seems like a no brainer to do what you need to do to stay on the field. It's your job !

Half the Cowboys defense seems to have been suspended at some point in their career.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:
I’m still against Dez coming to DC and I really don’t think Scandrick has any sway with the Redskins FO/Gruden but, just putting it out there...

Yeah, I don't see Dez as a likely addition. Certainly not unless.. knock on wood.. an early injury rears its head to a vet WR.

Meh on Scandrick saying his peace, is whateverz.