Around the NFC East

turtle28

18 hours ago, Woz said:

They had bottled him up all day too ...

That O-Line is horrendous still. Barkley's YPC outside of that run is more reflective on the OL than him. They made zero running lanes all day, and good run he had, he juked people out of their shoes.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

That O-Line is horrendous still. Barkley's YPC outside of that run is more reflective on the OL than him. They made zero running lanes all day, and good run he had, he juked people out of their shoes.

No argument there. Have a Giants fan here at work. Says he keeps checking sites in hopes of reading that Flowers is cut. When I point out that they'll be still paying him since he's a vested veteran, his response was "They can either pay him and have him suck on the field, or they can pay him and have him be somewhere else. I'll take option 2."

1 hour ago, Woz said:

@TKellion - I deleted that post because Thai and I already got a stern talking to from Webby regarding the front post's pictures on the GDT. This isn't a warning or anything, but he and I may already be on probation (I don't think it's double secret probation ... yet). :o

He didn't like the first ladies?  

1 hour ago, Woz said:

@TKellion - I deleted that post because Thai and I already got a stern talking to from Webby regarding the front post's pictures on the GDT. This isn't a warning or anything, but he and I may already be on probation (I don't think it's double secret probation ... yet). :o

NP woz ,was not intended to cause a problem.

10 hours ago, Danger said:

I think the Giants have some talent on their OL, especially with Solder & Hernandez on the left side but they just haven’t gelled yet. It’s going to take some time for them to get on the same page as a unit. On top of that, I don’t even think there’s an argument to make that the Jags front 7 isn’t the best in football. Six of their front 7 are pro bowl type players and they bring in Dante Fowler on 3rd downs and in passing situations as a situational pass rusher; that’s an incredible luxury to have.

1 hour ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Thank God we drafted Scherff.  If we wouldn't have,the Giants would have home rather than Flowers. Leonard Williams still nothing special,as I've always stated ?

I’d hate to have this debate again, but while I’m totally fine with Scherff, Leonard Williams has been a great DL since he was drafted. 

I would’ve loved to see a DL of Allen, Payne and Williams. We could’ve found a RG in another round like a lot of other teams have done. The Panthers drafted Daryl Williams - their starting RT - in the 4th round of the 2015 draft, we certainly could’ve taken him instead of Matt Jones. So, yeah, that player wouldn’t have been as good as Scherff but Leonard Williams was a dominant prospect with a higher ceiling and still would’ve been my choice.

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’d hate to have this debate again, but while I’m totally fine with Scherff, Leonard Williams has been a great DL since he was drafted. 

I would’ve loved to see a DL of Allen, Payne and Williams. We could’ve found a RG in another round like a lot of other teams have done. The Panthers drafted Daryl Williams - their starting RT - in the 4th round of the 2015 draft, we certainly could’ve taken him instead of Matt Jones. So, yeah, that player wouldn’t have been as good as Scherff but Leonard Williams was a dominant prospect with a higher ceiling and still would’ve been my choice.

Williams is only a name (and not much of one) at this point. Scherff is one of the best guards in the game. I see Williams ending up a journeyman in the nfl.

3 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Williams is only a name (and not much of one) at this point. Scherff is one of the best guards in the game. I see Williams ending up a journeyman in the nfl.

Leonard Williams had 7 sacks in his second season. He gets multiple pressures a game - almost knocked Stafford out of the game last night - and is a great run defender. Williams is a taller, bigger and more athletic Jonathan Allen, saying he’s “a player in name only,” means you don’t watch him play or just look at stats.

Again, a draft of:

1. L. Williams

2. Preston Smith

3. Darryl Willians, RG/RT (starter for Carolina & would’ve been here too)

4. Crowder

4. Ariel Kouandjio 

5. Spaight

6. Kyshoen Jarrett 

6. Tevin Mitchel

6. Evan Spencer

7. Austin Reitner

Looks better than the 2015 draft we had and our team would've been better and more balanced, especially in 2015 & 2016. We needed DL help so bad from 2015-17 and Leonard Williams was the better prospect. He would’ve helped our DL and in turn our entire D out a lot. Darryl Williams at RG still would’ve helped solidify the right side of our OL along with Morgan Moses in 2015.

This is no knock on Brandon Scherff, I love Scherff, I just saw L.Williams as the better prospect, his position importance was higher and he has more of an impact on games.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, MikeT14 said:

So if the first ladies of football are gone, you're saying Webby made @mike23md unemployed to our forum? For shame!

"Make GDT Great Again!"

The First Ladies of Football can stay, but any images need to be PG.

Otherwise, we all might be unemployed on the forum.

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I would’ve loved to see a DL of Allen, Payne and Williams.

Doubt both Payne and Allen would have been drafted had we selected Williams although it’s a pretty awesome thought.

As far as the Giants line, I watched most of that game because I love Jax’s D and Skins started at 4. Calais Campbell, Ngakoue and crew could make even good lines look bad. The Giants just added a bunch of pieces and we all know that it takes time to gel. As far as Flowers, forget about money I just can’t believe 2 things  1) That they even brought him back. 

2) They couldn’t find anyone that could beat him out in camp

since Gettleman and the new regime didn’t bring him in, his benching/release can’t be too far away. At this point he’s non-competitive. That said I hope they sign him to a loooong term extension. You think we’re hard on Luvuao? You have to hear the Giant fans up here get on Flowers. It’s hilarious. Giant fans would make that trade and stick Luvuao at tackle in a heartbeat