Around the NFC East

turtle28

On 8/15/2017 at 5:52 PM, turtle28 said:

Yeah I definitely agree. Phila is always overhyped so much and I just never get it.

We aren't even overhyped this year.

I usually see people saying the Giants are gonna win the division. I even predicted them to win it, but I'm not entirely confident in that prediction tbh.

Some people have Philly winning the division, but not a lot.

I'm sure if Zeke wasn't suspended there would be much more picking Dallas.

The most common place I see people having us finish is 3rd. I don't see how that's overhyped,  especially with the amount of talent we have.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We aren't even overhyped this year.

I usually see people saying the Giants are gonna win the division. I even predicted them to win it, but I'm not entirely confident in that prediction tbh.

Some people have Philly winning the division, but not a lot.

I'm sure if Zeke wasn't suspended there would be much more picking Dallas.

The most common place I see people having us finish is 3rd. I don't see how that's overhyped,  especially with the amount of talent we have.

Eagles have the worst QB, RB & corner back play in the division. A lot of people on TV keep saying you could win the division. While I won't be shocked if you all do becusee everyone in the division is about equal imo I don't think you're as great as some of the analysts on TV think.

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Eagles have the worst QB, RB & corner back play in the division. A lot of people on TV keep saying you could win the division. While I won't be shocked if you all do becusee everyone in the division is about equal imo I don't think you're as great as some of the analysts on TV think.

I think we'll see a better Carson Wentz in his 2nd year. He still may be the worst QB in the East, even if he is better, but we don't need him to be the best QB in the division to win games.

We won 7 games last year with a rookie QB and rookie HC. This year we have improved our pass rush, secondary, and receivers (significantly). Not to mention Lane Johnson isn't suspended the majority of the season.

The Eagles also lost a lot of close games last year. Think we were like 1-7 in one score games. Hard to think that will happen again.

I'm not sure which analysts on TV you are referring to, but it seems like you are taking a few peoples opinions and acting like that's what people think of Philly. Like I said it seems like the majority of people (regular fans, football writers, television analysts) are picking the Giants and Cowboys as the top two teams and our teams as the bottom teams. The Eagles may be getting picked by some people on tv, but even if that's the case it doesn't mean we are overhyped. Like you said the division is pretty even.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think we'll see a better Carson Wentz in his 2nd year. He still may be the worst QB in the East, even if he is better, but we don't need him to be the best QB in the division to win games.

We won 7 games last year with a rookie QB and rookie HC. This year we have improved our pass rush, secondary, and receivers (significantly). Not to mention Lane Johnson isn't suspended the majority of the season.

The Eagles also lost a lot of close games last year. Think we were like 1-7 in one score games. Hard to think that will happen again.

I'm not sure which analysts on TV you are referring to, but it seems like you are taking a few peoples opinions and acting like that's what people think of Philly. Like I said it seems like the majority of people (regular fans, football writers, television analysts) are picking the Giants and Cowboys as the top two teams and our teams as the bottom teams. The Eagles may be getting picked by some people on tv, but even if that's the case it doesn't mean we are overhyped. Like you said the division is pretty even.

I hear it all the time on TV, the ex-players on every station seem to love the Eagles. It's probably just a few of them like you say but it seems like more than a few.

I think based upon you were 4th last year anyone thinking you're going to make the jump because you signed 2 new WRs is kinda over hyping the team but I do get it.

No doubt I think Wentz will improve, especially because he'll be throwing to Jeffery & Torey Smith instead of the guys he was last year but even so, I think he's still the 4th best qb in the division.

I definitely agree your OL will be better but if I was you I'd still be concerned about your corners.  There are a lot of good WRs in the division and that could be a huge problem for you all.

6 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Preseason is such nonsense, I'd never play a superstar like OBJ. He'll still know how to catch footballs without the preseason

Especially if he and the qb have played for years together. With the skins, our new WRs need the work with Cousins, but that's not the case with OBJ & Eli