Around the NFC East

turtle28

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Meh, there are always more players.  They might not be the names you know, but it is pretty amazing how easy you can move on to new players.  Team turnover is already massively high.

I hear what you are saying and it is all well and good for him to refuse to play, but it is also par for the course for the team to refuse to pay him then.  The team is not in the wrong here or bad for asking him to play a different position as circumstances change every day in the nfl.  He signed a 1 year deal to be an olineman.  He doesn't like the situation anymore, fine.  But this isn't the team's fault.  

In the real world, you get hired for a job and often the duties expand and morph over time.  This is the nature of work.  Jobs aren't static.  Your always adjusting to external forces.  You can certainly ask for raise, but the company is not in the wrong and nor do they have to honor your request.  

I think your Wentz point of view is a mute point.  He's a 9 time pro bowler who is well past his prime.  If they really wanted to keep Wentz healthy, they should never put themselves in a position where they need a 38 year old guy as a starter in any position on the line.  Either way it looks like the Eagles are going to open the year with a major hole.  Of course, not that our oline is much better.  

That's how the Owners think and As I said when Players understand that and stick together there will be no more NFL. You can't just replace Great Talent with CFL, XFL, or Scab talent and bring in the same type of Revenue. 

I don't watch the NFL because Dan or Jerry has money. I watch to see Haskins, Young, Mclaruin, ect.

I stopped watching the NBA Playoffs once Players returned without the Owners Proving they cared about the type of Change Players where talking about. 

Ratings will continue to drop if Millionaires and Billionaires continue to Act like they don't care about Humanity. 

As Man to another Man What the Eagles are doing is Petty/Wrong. 

Edited by Skins212689

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's how the Owners think and As I said when Players understand that and stick together there will be no more NFL. 

I don't watch the NFL because Dan or Jerry has money. I watch to see Haskins, Young, Mclaruin, ect.

I stop watching the NBA Playoffs once Players returned without the Owners Proving they cared about the type of Change Players where talking about. 

Ratings will continue to drop if Millionaires and Billionaires continue to Act like they don't care about Humanity. 

As Man to another Man What the Eagles are doing is Petty/Wrong. 

Umm the players are millionaires.  So not sure about that point.  Peters is a millionaire many times over.  So I don't feel one iota of sympathy for him.  

And there are endless guys who love the game but don't make the final cut, who would gladly play for much much less.  The various forms of the alternative leagues like XFL is a perfect example of this.  These alternative leagues never fail for lack of players willing to play even at pennies to the nfl dollar.  They fail because it is hard to find owners willing to take these huge long term financial risks.  NFL owners are in the easy money now, but they took major risks at some point with their wealth.  

History has proven you wrong.  Just ask Keanu Reeves.  The game will always go on.  

I like rooting for players and certainly have my man crushes, but the team takes precedent for me.  I will always be a washington fan before I am a haskins fan and even if haskins turns out to be a true great, when he moves on or retires, I will still be a washington fan.

But no doubt, the players surely appreciate your support!  And you can hate the owners and people like me all you want, but the game will go on :)

20 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Umm the players are millionaires.  So not sure about that point.  Peters is a millionaire many times over.  So I don't feel one iota of sympathy for him.  

And there are endless guys who love the game but don't make the final cut, who would gladly play for much much less.  The various forms of the alternative leagues like XFL is a perfect example of this.  These alternative leagues never fail for lack of players willing to play even at pennies to the nfl dollar.  They fail because it is hard to find owners willing to take these huge long term financial risks.  NFL owners are in the easy money now, but they took major risks at some point with their wealth.  

History has proven you wrong.  Just ask Keanu Reeves.  The game will always go on.  

I like rooting for players and certainly have my man crushes, but the team takes precedent for me.  I will always be a washington fan before I am a haskins fan and even if haskins turns out to be a true great, when he moves on or retires, I will still be a washington fan.

But no doubt, the players surely appreciate your support!  And you can hate the owners and people like me all you want, but the game will go on :)

Who watches the XFL? Did NBA Playoffs not Stop because the Players said They weren't playing? 

So while you can build another league that league won't have the Talent that NFL has access to with what I'm talking about because Players won't settle for the BS.

Without Fans there is No League. Football ratings went down when Kap was banned for no reason and your gonna tell me in 2020 and ahead Player's and Fans wouldn't come together to hold Owners accountable for not showing Humanity. I clearly disagreed.

I was in full Support of All Sports stopping to bring Change. Once they returned without that I Stopped watching. So Mr.Owner your losing Fans and That's why ratings are going down.

Fans want Owners and Players to be held Accountable just like we are at our regular 9-5 jobs. We just don't have the Money/Power to walk out of our jobs. 

Humanity is key, not Money. Owners and Player's have to join in those discussions now. 

There's no League without Fans. There's no Sports without Fans. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Who watches the XFL? Did NBA Playoffs not Stop because the Players said They weren't playing? 

So while you can build another league that league won't have the Talent that NFL has access to with what I'm talking about because Players won't settle for the BS.

Without Fans there is No League. Football ratings went down when Kap was banned for no reason and your gonna tell me in 2020 and ahead Player's and Fans wouldn't come together to hold Owners accountable for not showing Humanity. I clearly disagreed.

I was in full Support of All Sports stopping to bring Change. Once they returned without that I Stopped watching. So Mr.Owner your losing Fans and That's why ratings are going down.

Fans want Owners and Players to be held Accountable just like we are at our regular 9-5 jobs. We just don't have the Money/Power to walk out of our jobs. 

Humanity is key, not Money. Owners and Player's have to join in those discussions now. 

There's no League without Fans. There's no Sports without Fans. 

Ratings went down because of Kap. NBA ratings have severely declined. Couple years ago 15 NBA teams lost money. Last year 17 teams lost money.

Thats what you get when trash is allowed to run rampant and owners bow to their every will.

NBA was once one of the most popular leagues in the world. And theyve done nothing but destroy themselves because of their players. To the point that sports like Pro Volleyball, Table Tennis and Golf is more popular.

All these players are doing is shooting themselves in the foot and diminishing the value of their leagues so their future contracts slide down instead of up. But maybe if some of these athletes wernt complete morons to the point of 70+% end up losing all their money. Then they have been able to grasp how a business actually works. But like with managing their personal finances. Theyre clueless.

oxANGYM.png

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ratings went down because of Kap. NBA ratings have severely declined. Couple years ago 15 NBA teams lost money. Last year 17 teams lost money.

Thats what you get when trash is allowed to run rampant and owners bow to their every will.

NBA was once one of the most popular leagues in the world. And theyve done nothing but destroy themselves because of their players. To the point that sports like Pro Volleyball, Table Tennis and Golf is more popular.

All these players are doing is shooting themselves in the foot and diminishing the value of their leagues so their future contracts slide down instead of up. But maybe if some of these athletes wernt complete morons to the point of 70+% end up losing all their money. Then they have been able to grasp how a business actually works. But like with managing their personal finances. Theyre clueless.

oxANGYM.png

It's not their league, they don't own sh**. Again As I said, I stopped watching the NBA Playoffs once they allowed the Sport to matter more than People aka Humanity. 

Roger Goodell came out recently and said he should've listened to Kapernick sooner. Why because these Billionaires and Millionaires shouldn't just Shut Up and Dribble or Play Football with the things going on in society. The same way they can honor Cancer, Players should be able to Stand Up for Humanity in Society. That's what Kap was doing. I bet you never thought about the Fans the NFL lost that were on Kap side. Your just thinking about the one's who thought what he was doing was trash. 

Player's not getting Guaranteed Contracts is something Players need to sit out for and let all 32 Owners sign Scabs and watch ratings continue to go down until Change is Made. 

Player's and Owners have the Money/Power to effect Positive Change in Society on All levels with Us Fan Supporting them. Without Us it's just a bunch of Billionaires and Millionaires cheering each other. 

Again I was watching the NBA Bubble before the Shutdown now that they have returned without any Effective Change in Place, I haven't watched. That's sends the message to me The Customer doesn't matter! 

Kapernick did nothing wrong or against NFL Policy yet was banned. While you may not agree with Him, HE STILL DIDN'T DO ANYTHING AGAINST LEAGUE POLICY. Some people stop watching the NFL because the League Banned him for using his Power to Speak Silently against him while other's tried to turn it into something it wasn't ever about.

Player's have to put pressure on the Owners and demand more than just Money or as your pointing out Ratings will keep getting lower and lower. Wether it's for the Reason You suggest or the Reason I stopped watching the NBA Playoffs. 

Edited by Skins212689

I'm locking this because this thread has gotten away from football.  A little housekeeping notes are in order as well: 

@Skins212689 there is no need for you to say "I hate people like you" in your response on the last page.  The rest of your post was fine, but a blatant insult like that is against the rules, and take this as an unofficial warning.  If we see more personal attacks like that, this will escalate to Webby.  

@turtle28 please let the mods do our jobs.  I know you are trying to help, but the best way for you to help us is to send us a PM.  

Also, I am not sure who started referencing Kaepernick and things that aren't football related, but we are not permitted per the site rules to go there.  I know that we have skirted the line in some of our threads this off-season, from Covid, to the name change and then all of the allegations against Snyder, but right now we are in a clear violation over the "stay on football" talk.  

This thread will be locked for a couple days to let everything calm down, and we will reopen and will keep it on football, without insults.  

On 9/1/2020 at 10:40 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm locking this because this thread has gotten away from football.  A little housekeeping notes are in order as well: 

@Skins212689 there is no need for you to say "I hate people like you" in your response on the last page.  The rest of your post was fine, but a blatant insult like that is against the rules, and take this as an unofficial warning.  If we see more personal attacks like that, this will escalate to Webby.  

@turtle28 please let the mods do our jobs.  I know you are trying to help, but the best way for you to help us is to send us a PM.  

Also, I am not sure who started referencing Kaepernick and things that aren't football related, but we are not permitted per the site rules to go there.  I know that we have skirted the line in some of our threads this off-season, from Covid, to the name change and then all of the allegations against Snyder, but right now we are in a clear violation over the "stay on football" talk.  

This thread will be locked for a couple days to let everything calm down, and we will reopen and will keep it on football, without insults.  

Gonna go further than this.

@Skins212689, you're all out of "unofficial warnings" for these types of antics. Going forward, it will be official warnings from now on for you, since you refuse to abide by the rules repeatedly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We're fanning enough flames in here Woz. I don't need Gmen coming in here. As a former mod, I expect so much better from you ... this. I expect this. 

Oh, see, you're now getting to see all of the posts that I deleted before when I tried to be an upstanding example.

Now, I'm in the DGAF phase of my dotage around these parts.

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

Oh, see, you're now getting to see all of the posts that I deleted before when I tried to be an upstanding example.

Now, I'm in the DGAF phase of my dotage around these parts.

You're grandpa at thanksgiving. A man held with a lot of respect, who did incredible things in his time,  but now just says whatever the hell he wants and all of us mods just have to go "Oh Grandpa!" and roll our eyes. CONGRATS ON MAKING IT!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

You're grandpa at thanksgiving. A man held with a lot of respect, who did incredible things in his time,  but now just says whatever the hell he wants and all of us mods just have to go "Oh Grandpa!" and roll our eyes. CONGRATS ON MAKING IT!

It's good to be the king!

Now where's my remote?

Edited by Woz